Star Wars: Andor

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I totally get what they are going for, I just don't think the 1977 Star Wars ever gave me the impression that the whole deal about being a "consular ship" was a bluff anyone was going to believe under the circumstances or that Leia really was anything but a member of the rebel alliance and a traitor who had been caught in an act of treason.
In 1977, I did get the impression that the big-engined speedster was a diplomatic vessel with special protections / privileges (maybe "personal" property that comes with the Senate seat), which Leia was trying to stretch the rules to get away with pulling a fast one.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
In 1977, I did get the impression that the big-engined speedster was a diplomatic vessel with special protections / privileges (maybe "personal" property that comes with the Senate seat), which Leia was trying to stretch the rules to get away with pulling a fast one.
She'd hardly be the only person bending the privileges of diplomacy in the service of a higher moral calling. Just check out Raoul Wallenberg and Carl Lutz.

Fd150H-XEAczk7w.jpg

Hussar

Legend
LIke the show, but, man... it is SLOOOOWWWW. Actually, no, that's not fair. I don't understand why the episodes are so short. That's probably why I think it's so slow. What's the point in 30 minute episodes? Five minute intro (for a streaming show, so that gets skipped, thirty minutes of episode and then six or seven minutes of credits,(which, again, gets skipped).

In other words, we've had about 2 hours of run time so far. This wasn't four episodes, this was barely two. And it would have been a lot more fun to watch that way. First two episodes, cool, slow burn, getting the pieces in the right place. Next two episodes, lots of action, introduce the main plot. Great.

As it is, I'm not bothering to watch any more episodes I think until at least four or five more have dropped. It's just too choppy for me. Good grief, I've watched sitcoms with more run time than this.

I mean, ok, we've got Les Miserables meets The Italian Job. It's fun. It's a good show, but, GET ON WITH IT.

I mean, ok, we've got Les Miserables meets The Italian Job. It's fun. It's a good show, but, GET ON WITH IT.
Les Miserables. That was exactly what I was thinking about. Even though I only saw the first half of the movie musical and otherwise only have the cliff notes from For the Uniform's conflict between Sisko and Eddington (DS9).
I mean, Andor did certainly do more than steal bread, but Corporate Security Officer Javert certainly found his Jean Valjean.

Edit: Not convinced with THe Italian Job. It's a heist, but not as well fitting as Les Miserables.

Last edited:

Hussar

Legend
Les Miserables. That was exactly what I was thinking about. Even though I only saw the first half of the movie musical and otherwise only have the cliff notes from For the Uniform's conflict between Sisko and Eddington (DS9).
I mean, Andor did certainly do more than steal bread, but Corporate Security Officer Javert certainly found his Jean Valjean.

Edit: Not convinced with THe Italian Job. It's a heist, but not as well fitting as Les Miserables.
To early to tell yet, but, it seems to be headed in that sort of direction. It's a pretty broad genre, so, pick your poison.

Remove ads