Star Wars: Andor

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

It’s all over the web — here’s one article but there are plenty of others to look at:
Well that is unfortunate. The silver lining is that season 2 was already greenlit and they only planned to do 2 seasons. Us fans should be happy knowing we'll get a full story out of this.

Celebrim

Legend
Episode VII is just great TV. We've gotten far enough along in the story that introductions are over and we are forward with everyone's story line. And wow, this is just doing everything right. The Galaxy feels big and we aren't just revisiting the same little town on Tatooine. The political tension is tense, and we see it playing out from the halls of power all the way down to the locals on the receiving end. We don't feel like a glorified cartoon that is just yucking it up and feeding an audience it doesn't respect memberberries. It's whip smart. It's got great characters. It's telling a story. It's everything Disney Star Wars just generally isn't.

It’s all over the web — here’s one article but there are plenty of others to look at:
I think it's to do with the way people watch streamed shows. What I do (and I don't think I'm atypical) is watch the first episode, then decide if I want to see the rest. And Andor very nearly lost me with a boring first episode. The show didn't get interesting until episode 3. If they had stitched the first 3 episodes into a "feature length pilot" I think they would have kept a bigger audience. And done something about the confusing and incoherent flashback sequences. They could have been cut completely once it was clear they didn't work, and delivered the critical information via dialogue.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I think it's to do with the way people watch streamed shows. What I do (and I don't think I'm atypical) is watch the first episode, then decide if I want to see the rest. And Andor very nearly lost me with a boring first episode. The show didn't get interesting until episode 3. If they had stitched the first 3 episodes into a "feature length pilot" I think they would have kept a bigger audience. And done something about the confusing and incoherent flashback sequences. They could have been cut completely once it was clear they didn't work, and delivered the critical information via dialogue.
Agreed

Celebrim

Legend
I guess I understand why you would write this.

And that sound of prison doors closing over a view on the Imperial Standards cubicles...

Everyone is ultimately going to be carrying their prison with them, even the jailers.

I like Syril and I hope to see him turn his life around, but as a writer the other direction you could take his character is entirely as the tree the ax of Cassian has forgotten.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases