Star Wars Saga/D&D 5th Hybrid [OOC/Rolls]

Sezarious

Explorer
Jihahna Texture Render.png

[sblock=Animation Stuff]

So, I did Jihahna first with this, but now that I've worked out how I'm doing everything, I think I can now get everyone else done with greater efficiency. For convenience sake, objects like the blaster rifle, I'll just use the same model and give it a different colour scheme. Otherwise though... Pre-actual animation course, this is as far as I think I can go with regards to mimicking the RWBY look. It's not as pretty as I'd have liked (vs RWBY), buut my brain is saying I can't really dawdle anymore on it and I need to get the other characters done.

Again, the figure and head are already pre-built, but I'm not at the stage where I can make a figure from scratch. That'll come next year. I just want to get into the animation process itself really for now, explore the fun of it. . The cybernetic arm is from SWTOR It's an HK arm. In story I'd pictured Jihahna's arm as pretty much salvaged from a scrapyard, so I thought, why not say the arm converted for cybernetic use was from an old HK unit? What could possibly go wrong?

Oh, about the music. Alas! the song, whilst downloadable in .ogg format, still didn't have audio separated. The cymbal noise was blended into everything, so though you could reduce it, you lost the, I guess "Thickness" of the rest of the song. It's a shame I couldn't get an original copy of the soundtrack to play with.

I did however create an edit which cuts out the first 10 secs and then extends the songs chorus. Towards the end, some time after 1:20, I was able to loop it back to the 52 second mark. I think it's undetectable, buuut, that could just be me....

Anyway's, hope everyone else is well. :)[/sblock]

Sezarious

Explorer
[sblock=Animation]Also, If no-one minds the brain picking... I just found another piece of music that might suit the opening...

I like it anyway as an option... Has a FMA Brotherhood feel? $30:

http://www.motionelements.com/stock-music-9414196-silly-bee

And another one from the same library. this time with Male vocals. $30:

http://www.motionelements.com/stock-music-9414211-monster

There's also this one in English: It's not 100% perfect, but the sound quality is very good. My only uncertainty is around the vocals. It might have been nice if vocals were a little heavier? IDK, but when I heard it, I sort of had flashes of opening imagery at certain points. The nice thing about the lyrics, is that they would fit an OP fairly well... Also, $15.00 for access, which is fine... No other hobbies atm :)

http://www.motionelements.com/stock-music-8427757-speed-of-life-rock-action

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
I rather like the last one too (and if you got flashes of visuals, that's... bloody perfect).

If this was a real anime, I trhink I'd go for that as an opening piece and Kanshou Resistance for the closing credits (starting it right on the lyrics at 0:30; with a darker, more somber mood and focusing mostly on Jihahna in desolate backgrounds for the visuals).

Forged Fury

First Post
I'm... sort of back. I have internet again, but I've got a lot to do around the new house between three dogs, getting ready for a baby, and selling the old house. I should be able to update semi-regularly though. If I am holding anything up, feel free to auto-pilot as needed.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
So what's Cal's reaction to the current situation, FF? Not a hair of our perp to be seen and the gand requesting a second manoeuvre from a reluctant, safety-conscious C4

Shayuri

First Post
So in hindsight I feel like maybe I should have gotten consensus from everyone before I did the Mind Trick, given the potentially catastrophic consequences. Sorry, everyone. :( I just decided to go for it. At least I didn't trust this roll to the generally pretty poor-rolling Enworld script though, right? :)

Sezarious

Explorer
I'm... sort of back. I have internet again, but I've got a lot to do around the new house between three dogs, getting ready for a baby, and selling the old house. I should be able to update semi-regularly though. If I am holding anything up, feel free to auto-pilot as needed.

All good. I'd say the old 'Life gets in the way' thing but I think more accurately, it sounds exciting!

So in hindsight I feel like maybe I should have gotten consensus from everyone before I did the Mind Trick, given the potentially catastrophic consequences. Sorry, everyone. :( I just decided to go for it. At least I didn't trust this roll to the generally pretty poor-rolling Enworld script though, right? :)

I think that all worked out okay Haha! Time to kick some unknown enemy butt!

Also...

[sblock=Animation Stuff - Cal Render]

An Initial Cal 3D model.... I'll come back to him as I did for Jihahna...

Cal 3D Render.png

Jihahna, tweaked...

Jihahna 22nd June Render.png
[/sblock]

Sezarious

Explorer
Also [MENTION=6801242]GreenKarl[/MENTION] These Thermite detonators. I read into them just now, because I wanted to know if they were a specific thing. Looks like they are basically something similar to the thermal detonator in star wars, which uses thermite as its primary substance? Do we know if the device Kacela is now holding contains the explosive itself or is it a detonator for an explosive that was planted aboard the ship?

Also, again, obviously we can't metagame, but I can't help but make a few of these observations... This alien is only one of two as mentioned awhile back.... The other one has a separate detonator according to the RG.... That's not good...

GreenKarl

First Post
Oh you know that was just my dyslexia and spell check getting in the way again :( Yes they are Star Wars Thermal (D'oh)

And the device Kacela has is not the explosives. They are about 5kg each (can hold one in your hand but it is very heavy).

Forged Fury

First Post
Sorry, I'm a bit confused, I was planning on having Cal stay on the bridge with C4, but I think he has been placed in the hallway with everyone else. Let me read through the thread when I get a chance this weekend and update.

Remove ads