Star Wars Spoilers Thread [Spoilers]

So here's my review: 100% a Star Wars film which belongs with the original trilogy. It's a transitional film, but it does it well. The new generation is really good. I think the major death was kinda signposted a bit. You knew it was coming long before it happened. I felt worse for Chewie, but he, Rey, and BB8 make a great team. Is this the first Star Wars film where nobody gets their...

So here's my review: 100% a Star Wars film which belongs with the original trilogy.

It's a transitional film, but it does it well. The new generation is really good.

I think the major death was kinda signposted a bit. You knew it was coming long before it happened. I felt worse for Chewie, but he, Rey, and BB8 make a great team.

Is this the first Star Wars film where nobody gets their hand cut off?

Luke lives in Ireland, eh?

Question: WHY was there a map to Luke, and why was it split into two? I feel like I missed something. For that matter, why a map and not just some coordinates? Seems like a random puzzle set up for the sake of it.
ebdc7e9da0a98a020498d701b47512ef.jpg

MechaPilot

Explorer
When Poe was referred to during one of the fighter scenes as "black leader" I remember thinking "man, it's a good thing Fin didn't just take Poe's place in the resistance or we would have had a real power falcons situation here."

MechaPilot

Explorer
Possible. We shall have to see if/when the Knights of Ren are more fully explicated.

If Ren is following the example of Darth Vader as far as the script goes (we know he's following Vader as far as wanting to be like him), Kylo could be a title like Darth was, and then Ren being the name part of his moniker.

CapnZapp

Legend
To widen the discussion:

I am very glad I saw it in 2D.

All my friends that went for the bigger screen and thus saw it in 3D agreed it was an irritation.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Really, my only really big issue was with the Starkiller weapon in general. The projectiles don't travel at light speed, so how do they take out planets in completely different systems? If the resistance fighters had to go into light speed to get to starkiller, and the weapon fires at a speed much slower than light speed (they watch it slowly go across the screen), then it makes no sense
At some point in the movie, they mention that it is a hyper-speed weapon. I guess that the "projectiles" are launched, they then go to hyper-speed off-screen and then they drop to sub-light shortly before impact. Is still doesn't explain how the explosion was visible on Maz's planet, unless it is in the same system as the capitol of the Republic.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads