log in or register to remove this ad

 

Starfinder: Red Dawn (IC)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Akiton/Gate’s Pass

“That could work,” Elyea told Tolar. “Each come in pairs, keep an eye on things. Let’s go see what the perimeter of the establishment looks like, how many exits we need to watch. I can go in and secure us a room, so we have a base, and maybe poke around upstairs to see if I can find where he is staying, if he isn’t in the common room.”

They started moving through the city toward the Hangry Goat.

***

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Standard:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Stamina: 7/7 HP: 10/10 Resolve: 5
EAC: 12 KAC: 13 CMD: 21
Fort: 0 Ref: 0 Will: 6
Spells
0 (DC 14): Detect Magic, Fatigue, Stabilize, Telekinetic Projectile
1 (2/3 DC 15): Charm Person, Mystic Cure, Lesser Remove Condition
Conditions:
[/sblock]
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Shayuri

First Post
Echo fell in alongside Elyea as they headed for the Goat. The plan seemed fine to her, and if there was nothing to add, why say anything?

Of course...there was maybe one thing. It was pretty obvious, but maybe not everyone had thought it through.

"He'll probably be in disguise," she mentions. "Eyes open."
 

eayres33

Explorer
As the group made their way through the streets of Gate’s Pass the sounds of the war drew closer. The explosions sound just a few miles away, and the cities guards a running with a hurried urgency.

The Hangry Goat is a two story wooden building with a shingled roof. The building itself is 45 feet by 50 feet. The south side faces the street with two windows and a door on the first floor and two windows on the second floor.

On the east, west and north side of the building is a five foot wide alley, with a door near the front on the east side. Besides the guards running to their posts the streets are fairly empty and a light rain begins to fall.

The front door is open and several voices are heard inside.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Akiton/Gate’s Pass

Elyea glanced at Echo. “That is probably true,” she admitted with a sigh. “This couldn’t be easy, of course.”

They did a turn around the building. At least it was small. “Keep an eye on that east door and the front.”

She waited her turn to enter and scanned the common room before going to the bar.

“Can I inquire after a room?” she asked with a smile, trying to see if she could also spot the man they were looking for.

***

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Standard:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Stamina: 7/7 HP: 10/10 Resolve: 5
EAC: 12 KAC: 13 CMD: 21
Fort: 0 Ref: 0 Will: 6
Spells
0 (DC 14): Detect Magic, Fatigue, Stabilize, Telekinetic Projectile
1 (2/3 DC 15): Charm Person, Mystic Cure, Lesser Remove Condition
Conditions:
[/sblock]
 

eayres33

Explorer
As Elyea enters the Hangry Goat she notices two men sitting at a table in the corner with a bottle of liquor and two glasses in front of them. Sitting at the bar is a solitary figure. The tavern is a well kept building of simple architecture harking back to a simpler time. The walls and doors are wood with glass windows; there is a still functioning brick fireplace that has a quite large fire inside.

The man at the bar turns around and looks at Elyea who sees that he matches Torrent’s description, he begins to speak, “Well I’m afraid they took the owner of this fine establishment away. They didn’t say why.”

Taking a drink from his glass Torrent smiled, “There are only the three of us here,” he said as he motioned to the men in the corner, “and there are five rooms I think, so if you need a place to try to wait out this conflict, this is as good as any.”
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Akiton/Gate’s Pass

Elyea smiled, grateful to have found the man they were supposed to contact. She slid into the seat next to him. “So do we help ourselves?” she asked, reaching over the bar to retrieve a glass and a bottle. “Not sure I’d like to ride out a war in a besieged city, though. I would rather try and get out. You?”

She poured herself a drink and offered to pour him one as well. “How long have you been here?”

***

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Standard:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Stamina: 7/7 HP: 10/10 Resolve: 5
EAC: 12 KAC: 13 CMD: 21
Fort: 0 Ref: 0 Will: 6
Spells
0 (DC 14): Detect Magic, Fatigue, Stabilize, Telekinetic Projectile
1 (2/3 DC 15): Charm Person, Mystic Cure, Lesser Remove Condition
Conditions:
[/sblock]
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Immediately after Elyea went inside, Crash walked up to the building but passed it, nonchalantly moving into the alley west of the tavern. When he is sure nobody from the main street can see him, Crash ducks and finds a shady spot to perch and study his environs. He pays particular attention to any entrances to the building on the eastern and northern side, in the alleyway, and possible creatures passing by or residing there.

OOC: Just scouting around the building. If after ten minutes or so nothing of interest has happened, Crash will move through the alleys to find his way back to the street in a roundabout way, walking back to the front door as if nothing has happened.

Stealth check: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]
 

Thateous

Explorer
Terra decides to stay outside the establishment and finds box to sit on. Her feet dangling off the ground as she kicked rhythmically forward like a teenager with too much energy. She wiped her rifle off as she sat, performing a functions check and ensuring everything was seated properly.
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
Tolar considers hanging back with Terra but with Crash taking a look around the building the kasatha thinks it best that he go inside to keep an eye on things. He leans into his 'walking stick' just a little bit and plops down lazily on the first chair he comes to to take a 'breather'.
 

Shayuri

First Post
Echo lifted an eyebrow on seeing Elyea and Torrent there. Was she just getting paranoid? Was this too easy?

How did a guy evade the city authorities who were supposedly hunting him?

Huh. Maybe they just didn't have good intel?

She went to see if there was a back entrance or something...another way into this building. Just to see if there was a high-threat security team getting into position to bust in. Because that would be their luck.
 

eayres33

Explorer
“Yeah, it’s pretty much self service now, from what I picked up from the men that took him away I don’t think the owners ever coming back.” Torrent said with an vacant tone. He took another drink before continuing, his eyes were heavy and his speech slow, “I’ve been here for a few weeks and no my preference would be to not ride-out the war here but I don’t think the guards will let me through the gates, that and I seem to have misplace some important information that I am still trying to track down.”


Crash moves silently around the building seeing no signs of movement, or anything that seems out of place.
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
"Self-serve, is it?" pipes up Tolar, pushing himself up from his chair. He leaves his staff to rest on the edge of the table as he slowly approaches the bar. "My friend here always so much more - what is that human expression? 'Pep in her step'? ...than I do," he chuckles. "But I find that the sound of 'drinks are on the house' has a certain way of getting the blood flowing."

The kasatha circles to behind the bar to get a better look at what is available. Once he finds himself something to his liking he rummages around a bit for some extra straws before, not finding any, he produces one from the folds of his robe.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Akiton/Gate’s Pass

“Why are the guards looking for you?” Elyea asked Torrent. “And what information? How did you misplace it?” She refilled his drink again. “I might have a line out of the city, if you want in. We could figure a way past the guards, perhaps.”

***

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Standard:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Stamina: 7/7 HP: 10/10 Resolve: 5
EAC: 12 KAC: 13 CMD: 21
Fort: 0 Ref: 0 Will: 6
Spells
0 (DC 14): Detect Magic, Fatigue, Stabilize, Telekinetic Projectile
1 (2/3 DC 15): Charm Person, Mystic Cure, Lesser Remove Condition
Conditions:
[/sblock]
 

eayres33

Explorer
Torrent nodded at Tolar, but smiled when Elyea filled up his glass, “Much obliged.” He took a drink and looked at Elyea with a slightly puzzled look, “They know I have information on the Cult of the Devourer, and they can’t risk me falling into the hands of the Radiant Imperium. I assume they are keeping track of me so they can kill me if it looks like the city will fall.”

Torrent sat silently for a second before he finished the rest of his glass with one long drink. “On top all that I lost the briefcase that has the detailed movements of the Cult. . . .I don’t know why I’m telling you any of this?”

Torrent looked down at his empty glass, “You said something about a way out of the city?”
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Akiton/Gate’s Pass

“We have someone that could get us out, yes,” Elyea confirmed for Torrent. “But let’s get bac to the Cult. What does the Radiant Imperium want with that information? And where did you lose this briefcase? We should find that first, if the information is so important.”

***

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Standard:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Stamina: 7/7 HP: 10/10 Resolve: 5
EAC: 12 KAC: 13 CMD: 21
Fort: 0 Ref: 0 Will: 6
Spells
0 (DC 14): Detect Magic, Fatigue, Stabilize, Telekinetic Projectile
1 (2/3 DC 15): Charm Person, Mystic Cure, Lesser Remove Condition
Conditions:
[/sblock]
 

eayres33

Explorer
Torrent looked at Elyea for a moment a look of drunken contemplation on his face, “I’m not sure where I lost it, but I know where it has ended up, a little rat has it at the Depository Tower, he has offered to return it for a price.”


GM:
Can I get a perception check from everyone?
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Akiton/Gate’s Pass

“What’s his name, and what’s his price, and where is this Depository?” Elyea asked. “Perhaps my friends and I can help you, and we can get out of this hole together.”

Perception: 1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:
Standard:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Stamina: 7/7 HP: 10/10 Resolve: 5
EAC: 12 KAC: 13 CMD: 21
Fort: 0 Ref: 0 Will: 6
Spells
0 (DC 14): Detect Magic, Fatigue, Stabilize, Telekinetic Projectile
1 (2/3 DC 15): Charm Person, Mystic Cure, Lesser Remove Condition
Conditions:
[/sblock]
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
"Perhaps you have become a keener judge of character with advancing years," comments Tolar dryly. The kasatha gives the man a sympathetic pat on the shoulder and adds, "Whatever happens, just do right by us and we will do right by you."

Perception: [roll0]
 

eayres33

Explorer
Torrent smiled, “I’m not sure what the price is he hasn’t mentioned it yet, but the little rat is named Rivereye Badgerface, he is not to be trusted."

Torrent nodded his head when Tolar patted him on the back, “I always hope that better judgement will come in time, and perhaps a few less of these.” Torrent said as he raised his glass.

Distant muted thumps fill the air, like the sound of ripe fruit landing on the roof of a house.

Torrent braced himself, “the Depository in not far from here but they will be closing all the inner city gates soon and it is one gate to the east.”

GM:

Tolar, and Elyea hear creaking floorboards overhead.
 


Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top