• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

OGL Starfinder: Red Dawn (IC)

eayres33

Villager
The man woke slowly and looked at Elyea with a confused expression, after looking around for a moment he nodded, “It was just me, the two kids and my wife.”

He sat silently for a moment, “Thank you,” he said as he got to his feet.

Crash moves forward unnoticed as he looks around the corner he sees people clog the streets trying to see what’s happening, and he will have to get through them to succeed on this mission. To the east you see a huge cluster of burning buildings, and as he looks towards the gate he sees a large crowd of panicked townsfolk.


GM:
To make it to the warehouse, you will need to move east, the gate is the only easy way east.

 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Cursing under his breath, Crash hesitates for a moment. They need to go east, but it doesn’t look promising.

He then moves forward again, pushing himself through the crowd, discarding any notions of remaining unnoticed.

OOC: If I understand correctly, we need to move through the crowd in order to reach the east?

I just hope the others can see Crash moving ahead...
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Akiton/Gate’s Pass
Night
Round 0

Elyea nodded to the man and his family. “Go to the hospital,” she said. “You should be fine if you get treatment. I have to go.” She looked up to see Crash pushing into the crowd by the gate, and the others following.

Gathering up her gear, Elyea hurried along the street, running to catch up with her team.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:.
Standard:
Full:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Stamina: 7/7 HP: 10/10 Resolve: 5
EAC: 12 KAC: 13 CMD: 21
Fort: 0 Ref: 0 Will: 6
Spells
0 (DC 14): Detect Magic, Fatigue, Stabilize, Telekinetic Projectile
1 (2/3 DC 15): Charm Person, Mystic Cure, Lesser Remove Condition
Conditions:
[/sblock]
 

Thateous

Explorer
"Obstacles impeding path... checking munitions... consider grenade..." her mind calculated. She shook her head forcefully as remnants of her old programming surfaced. She followed after the group taking a quick look back to see if they were being followed.
OOC: [roll0]
 

eayres33

Villager
As you attempt to make your way through the crowd towards the gate, something overhead roars, and all reason seems to leave the crowd as they scatter in all directions. One soldier patrolling the gate wall jumps in terror and falls amid the crowd, being trampled to unconsciousness.

The party notices a crimson, bat winged shape the size of a house swooping through the sky about a hundred feet overhead. As it passes out of the view over other buildings, a surge of panicked screams rise along its path.

GM:

Yes you will need to move though the crowd to move east
You do not appear to be followed

As the crowd panics they rush in all directions. Make a DC 20 Acrobatics or Athletics check, your choice. On a success you are able to move through the crowd and through the gate with no issues.

On a fail take, _: 1D6 = [3] = 3
bludgeoning damage from the stampeding crowd.
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
Tolar recoils as he is buffeted by the crowd. "Panic will not avail us in this situation!" he calls out, frustrated.

OOC: [roll0] Acrobatic, [roll1] .
 
Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Akiton/Gate’s Pass
Night
Round 0

Elyea glanced up at the large, batwing creature. “What is that?” she asked. She saw the soldier fall and tried to push her way toward him to help him, but she was buffeted by the panicking crowd. She was knocked to the ground for a moment, stepped on and kicked, but managed to get back to her feet before she was too badly injured, unlike that poor soldier.

Athletics: 1D20 = [9] = 9

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:.
Standard:
Full:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Stamina: 4/7 HP: 10/10 Resolve: 5
EAC: 12 KAC: 13 CMD: 21
Fort: 0 Ref: 0 Will: 6
Spells
0 (DC 14): Detect Magic, Fatigue, Stabilize, Telekinetic Projectile
1 (2/3 DC 15): Charm Person, Mystic Cure, Lesser Remove Condition
Conditions:
[/sblock]
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Deftly dodging the panicked people that flee in fright, Crash manages to keep his footing and keeps going. He holds his blaster ready, unsure if it would be effective against the giant creature overhead but feeling just a bit better with the weapon in his hand than without it.

"Hurry," he yells back to his allies, motioning for them to keep up so they can escape before the monster returns. He tries to stay close to the buildings on one side of the street, so he can take cover within seconds, should the need arise.

OOC: Acrobatics check: [roll0]
 
Last edited:

Shayuri

Villager
For all her disdain for Elyea's concern for others, she doesn't leave anyone behind. The android darts adroitly through the crowd, jinking quickly through momentary openings between people to arrive at her fallen teammate in time to offer her a hand up.

"Come on," she urged, looking around. "We're NOT going to want to be in the open if we can help it. Not if the bad guys have air support. Whatever THAT was."

Acrobatics: [roll0]
 

eayres33

Villager
After a few moments of pushing and shoving against the crowd you make it through the gates and the crowd thins somewhat. To your right is a cluster of four-story buildings that have caught fire from the bombings, and a crowd is watching in dismay when horror strikes –a woman smashes out a window on the fourth floor and cries for help, screaming that she’s trapped.

GM:
I rolled for Terra to keep the game moving, Terra failed the save taking 3 damage.
Terra Acrobatics save: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15

 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Akiton/Gate’s Pass
Night
Round 0

Elyea pulled up as the woman screamed for help, looking up at the burning building. She winced, glancing at the others. Elyea wasn’t foolish, though. She was no firefighter, nor did she have the proper equipment for such a rescue, and they had a mission to fulfill.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:.
Standard:
Full:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Stamina: 4/7 HP: 10/10 Resolve: 5
EAC: 12 KAC: 13 CMD: 21
Fort: 0 Ref: 0 Will: 6
Spells
0 (DC 14): Detect Magic, Fatigue, Stabilize, Telekinetic Projectile
1 (2/3 DC 15): Charm Person, Mystic Cure, Lesser Remove Condition
Conditions:
[/sblock]
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
Glancing at the woman Tolar quickly surveys his surroundings for a length of cable and the means to boost his reach by six to ten feet. "I may be able to convey that woman the means for her to save herself if there is an anvailable cable or rope of appropriate length," says the kasatha. "By more reliable means than throwing. There is a question though whether I have the reach. I have seen one of my teachers manipulate objects at more than sufficient distance, but I have not her skill. I... also have other, faster means, but it would require spending more of my mental stamina that we may yet need for quick and deadly combat."
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Akiton/Gate’s Pass
Night
Round 0

Elyea looked around the surrounding chaos. She didn’t have any rope. Maybe she could find some to save the woman.

Perception: 1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:.
Standard:
Full:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Stamina: 4/7 HP: 10/10 Resolve: 5
EAC: 12 KAC: 13 CMD: 21
Fort: 0 Ref: 0 Will: 6
Spells
0 (DC 14): Detect Magic, Fatigue, Stabilize, Telekinetic Projectile
1 (2/3 DC 15): Charm Person, Mystic Cure, Lesser Remove Condition
Conditions:
[/sblock]
 

eayres33

Villager
Elyea scans the surrounding area, there does not appear to be any rope but there is a several hundred feet long fire house nearby, the fire hydrant appears to be broken however.
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Akiton/Gate’s Pass
Night
Round 0

Elyea spotted a fire hose and said a quick prayer to the universe. She rushed over, only to find the fire hydrant broken.

“Of course,” she muttered. Still, she dragged the hose over to Tolar. “Would this work?” she asked.

OOC: Also, would it be feasible to use Telekinetic Projectile to launch the head of the hose up? Or is it too heavy?


[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move:.
Standard:
Full:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Stamina: 4/7 HP: 10/10 Resolve: 5
EAC: 12 KAC: 13 CMD: 21
Fort: 0 Ref: 0 Will: 6
Spells
0 (DC 14): Detect Magic, Fatigue, Stabilize, Telekinetic Projectile
1 (2/3 DC 15): Charm Person, Mystic Cure, Lesser Remove Condition
Conditions:
[/sblock]
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
Tolar shakes his head, "Not without cutting it up, and we are losing too much time." Sighing he goes over to the base of the building under the window and shouts, "Distressed woman, jump! I will catch you!."

OOC: Readying myself to cast Flight.
 

eayres33

Villager
The woman looks down at Tolar with an questioning look in her eyes but jumps when a burst of flame nearly touches her backside. She falls quickly at first before seeming to slow down and landed in Tolar’s arms like she had jumped from a bed or a couch.

With a slightly confused look on her face exhaled deeply, “I’m not sure what just happened, but thank you, thank you so much.”

GM:
The hose would weigh quite a bit, I would think well over 5 lbs so using telekinetic projectile would not be feasible.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Looking back, Crash is just in time to see Tolar catch a woman falling from the burning building. Rolling his eyes, the pilot mutters to himself, "Saving damsels in distress. What a hero."

He then shouts, "No passengers! We need to move!"

Keeping an eye on the sky, hoping that flying monstrosity doesn't return, Crash waits impatiently for his allies to catch up.
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
"You are welcome," the kasatha says politely as he sets the woman down. "I must attend to other business now however. Good luck." Tolar then follows Crash, quickening his pace.
 

Advertisement

Top