Starting Adventures

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Hey [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION], I am interested in submitting some short introductory and low level adventures to En5ider, but I have 1 question for you and the community:

Do I need to provide the starting settlement? As in, I wish to submit some adventures that can be 'tacked on' to a settlement of choice by the DM, such as the ones already detailed on EN5ider.

Would DMs be happy with this?

Would I refer to people in their role, or still give them names etc?

Eg: the watch captian vs Thorved the watch captain.

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Also, is James still the editor of EN5ider? I thought I read somewhere that he was moving on and people were free to apply for that role. Just wondering as his name and email address are still listed on the submissions page. ;)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Good catch - the submissions page has been updated with the new editor, Mike Myler. I'll page him for you, and he should be able to answer your questions!
[MENTION=6726030]Mike Myler[/MENTION]

Satyrn

First Post
Hey [MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION], I am interested in submitting some short introductory and low level adventures to En5ider, but I have 1 question for you and the community:

Do I need to provide the starting settlement? As in, I wish to submit some adventures that can be 'tacked on' to a settlement of choice by the DM, such as the ones already detailed on EN5ider.

Would DMs be happy with this?

Would I refer to people in their role, or still give them names etc?

Eg: the watch captian vs Thorved the watch captain.

I would definitely prefer names be included.

aco175

Legend
I can use modules that have attachments to a town, but not need to be part of a created town. I have towns where my group are adventuring in and always need some ideas and adventure to fill time or set them on. Some may not fit and be not needed, but some will be better than what I plan.

I also like having names for the NPCs and even a few sentences on history and motivations. Every NPC does not need this, but important ones may. It makes it easier to run and as-lib if needed.

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
OK, so 'captain of the watch' too general. I will provide names. :)

Basically, I want to put together a few simple, introductory scenarios/mini-adventures without have to create settlement (or settlements) to base them in, so a DM can base them in any settlement, such as those already covered in the EN5ider 'Over the Next Hill' series. :)

One of my players said, 'Like Saltmarsh series?' I had completely forgot those modules did very little detail on the town/settlement, so you just like those :)

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Thanks. i do have a lot of notes - just thinking about how I want to order them :) I have a few ideas from other products that I like, such as having the villain front an central for the DM at the start and I love little DM Notes side boxes. Anyway. Starting to put first one together :) Thanks.

Remove ads