• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"STEP AWAY FROM THE LICH CROWN"!!!....

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
I can't see how it could not be evil. The animate dead and create undead spells are evil; a magical effect that turns you into an undead would have to follow the same sort of rule, methinks. If it doesn't detect as evil, that would be strong evidence that it has been enchanted to mislead divinations.

I wonder what its gp value is?

the Jester

Legend
Just to reiterate, if you're going to sell it, you are prolly best off selling it to a good temple or something- someone who won't misuse it (against you).

Question: if the circlet functions as a phylactery, where's the last wearer? :]

Darmanicus

I'm Ray...of Enfeeblement
Cheiromancer said:
I can't see how it could not be evil. The animate dead and create undead spells are evil; a magical effect that turns you into an undead would have to follow the same sort of rule, methinks. If it doesn't detect as evil, that would be strong evidence that it has been enchanted to mislead divinations.

I wonder what its gp value is?

Yes but this is not animating or creating undead it is polymorphing. You can polymorph someone into an Annis Hag or Fire Giant but that is not evil.

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
Darmanicus said:
Yes but this is not animating or creating undead it is polymorphing. You can polymorph someone into an Annis Hag or Fire Giant but that is not evil.

I think turning into a lich by any method is decidedly ungood... semantic boy. :)

the Jester said:
Just to reiterate, if you're going to sell it, you are prolly best off selling it to a good temple or something- someone who won't misuse it (against you).

Question: if the circlet functions as a phylactery, where's the last wearer?

Now that is a properly worrying question... wonder how best to get an answer? Analyze Dweomer, I think?

monboesen

Explorer

Can you really be sure about that. Perhaps even the act of assuming inherently evil creatures form leaves a trace of taint on your body and soul :)

(it sure will in my game now that I have thought about it)

Darmanicus

Inconsequenti-AL said:
I think turning into a lich by any method is decidedly ungood... semantic boy. :)

By your reasoning then so would be turning into any evil creature. What all of a sudden makes turning into a lich different to turning into any other type of evil creature? I think yer answer to that one is "Uh, I don't know but I'll still try making vague arguments."

Did I miss something or is it ok to turn into any type of evil creature other than undead?

Much as I appreciated yer summoning of a FIENDISH T'REX by yer reckoning then maybe I should be smiting yer unholy ass!?

Maybe I'm not the one who has problems with semantics? :)

Last edited:

Darmanicus

monboesen said:
Can you really be sure about that. Perhaps even the act of assuming inherently evil creatures form leaves a trace of taint on your body and soul :)

(it sure will in my game now that I have thought about it)

No I can't be sure about that however I'm glad I'm not playing in your game coz you will have just changed yer rules set.

Polymorph states though that it's just yer phsical stats that change not yer mental ones therefore I think it would be pretty safe to assume yer alignment would stay intact.

HeavyG

First Post
Darmanicus said:
Much as I appreciated yer summoning of a FIENDISH T'REX by yer reckoning then maybe I should be smiting yer unholy ass!?

Summoning a fiendish T-Rex is evil. (Don't ask me why, though)

Slife

First Post
Try it on some animal first. That is, if you don't have a druid in your party. Either you find that it's reversible, or you get some easy XP for killing a squirrelich. Win-Win

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Dar,

If you want to spend the time and money to sanctify it, be my guest. Otherwise, I'd get Raziel to help you find a nice artifact level holy avenger and go from there.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads