stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: Ch. I [IC]

ethandrew

First Post
Ladreth frowns at the smell emitting from the tunnel, but he perses his lips anyway and hops down to join the others, trusting his one good eye to see through the dark illuminations. He nods his head at Jarrith and Marot as he joins the two.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Tessa peered down into the tunnel as best she could, looking past the others clustered at or in the shaft. She had smelled worse things- maybe, once or twice, searching battlefields littered with the weeks-old dead. And the probability that this tunnel was inhabited did little to make it more enticing- but still, they could not wait out here. She rummaged around with her gear, sling the crossbow which would be little use in such a confined area and readying her shield and morningstar. "Are we ready then?," she asked, her tone making it clear that she hoped someone might decide they ought to not go...

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
While Ashlyn considered whether to join the rest, those in the dirt could see the tunnel descended not to far below grave level, though it did progress out of sight of Jarrith's alchemical rod and silent Ladreth's darvision.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Marot the Deadly

Stifling the instinct to heave up breakfast, Marot steadies himself and steels himself for the dark tunnel. "I will not be caught unprepared again." He thinks to himself.

"Jarrith, you may want to let Ladreth and I take the lead, as we both can see clearly in the dark."

"Check with the others topside to see if anyone else is going to join us in this little sojourn. I'm willing to wager my left foot that we will find undeath down here."

Stormwind

First Post
Ashlyn doesn't appear overely keen on venturing into the tunnels under the graveyard, but after a moments indecision she quietly climbs down and moves to the front with Ladreth. As she reaches the warrior she lays her hand upon his shoulder and quietly speaks a word of warding. She then turns to Marot, "Perhaps Ladreth and I should lead as he can see in the dark and I will be able to sense if those cursed with unlife are near."

[Protection from evil on Ladreth and Ashlyn]

stonegod

The group moves slowly forward, Ashlyn clutching onto Ladreth in the shadows of the tunnel. The stench is wretched, almost overpowering at time, but the group soldiers on.

Almost a hundred feet into the tunnel, the concentrating Ashlyn tugs on Ladreth's shoulder. "Undead are near," she warns quietly. A few moments later, "One, somewhere ahead." Ladreth shakes his head, and Marot points out that there is only earthen wall in the direction the Lightbringer notes.

[Ashlyn detects a moderate strength undead somewhere ahead towards A3 on the map. Ladreth and Marot can only see earthen wall. The tunnel continues off somewhere more to the south (right) on the map.]

attachment.php

Attachments

• E8-r0.jpg
    E8-r0.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 186

stonegod

James Heard said:
OOC: A hundred feet? Are we headed into town or out of it?
The grave was on the *east* end of the graveyard, making the tunnel out of town to the north.

Edit: Stupd east/west confusion

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
"I get a bad feeling about this -- either this tunnel is going to double back on itself, or the undead presence is IN the dirt of the wall. Because I can't see anything, visible or invisible."

OOC: Just so that I have my bearings straight, we are basically heading north, in the general direction between the woods and the castle?

Remove ads