• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: Ch. I [IC]

s@squ@tch

First Post
Marot the Deadly

"As much as I would hope, I doubt this chamber is empty of our undead friends." Marot says while scanning the room for anything living or dead, visible or invisible.

"There has to be more undeath in this cursed land than living creatures." He thinks to himself.

"Be on guard, Marot, be on guard."

"Lady Ashlyn, it might be prudent if you and Ladreth here enter the room first."

pathfinderq1

First Post
Tessa gave the ghast a quick glance as the group moved up- or perhaps her attention was captured by the licking tongues of flame boiling out of Ashlyn's alchemical bolt. She said not a word, though, not wanting to interfere with the planning at the front of the group.

James Heard

Explorer
Janis sits at the back of the group, entranced by the walls of the passageway.

Now would be about the time something jumps out of the dark and tries to eat us again, I suppose.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Jarrith pokes at Ladreth and Lady Ashlyn to move further into the chamber. "Move on in. If anything in here is undead, I want to engage and destroy it before my divine blessings from the Flame wear off."

When he looks in and sees one of the corpses to be relatively free from abuse, he delivers a low whistle. "I wonder if that one was protected the same way the guy was that we found up in the center of the street when we first arrived?"

ethandrew

First Post
At the urge of the stalker, Ladreth slowly moves his way into the chamber. The overwhelming smell does not help the rise of bile to the back of his throat, yet he maintains his composure and looks around for anything suspicious, prepared for another beast coming out from the walls. This place kept on getting stranger by the moment.

Stormwind

First Post
Ashlyn takes a step away from the flaming corpse and walking beside Ladreth, she heads into the larger chamber. She carefully examines the area, alert and careful.

[Detect undead ... again and again ;)]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ashlyn's powers immediately detect two undead nearby---one hiding in the farthest coffin, another somewhere to south where she cannot see. Perhaps in the wall again? Both auras or moderate. She quickly communicates this to the group.

Last edited:

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Jarrith wastes no time in stepping forward into the center of the room and presenting the symbols of the Silver Flame that are etched into his rapiers. "By the Voice of all that is Holy, fall to Her Grace fiends!" (Turn Undead check: 2d6 damage to all within 30' radius)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: DEFCON, you'll need line of effect for that, and all of the undead are currently hidden. Someone will need to flush them out first.

Last edited:

Remove ads