stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: Ch. I [IC]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Jarrith looks down at the dead form back on the ground and shakes his head. "This is just wrong. This woman was lying dead on the floor and didn't start moving until I looked over her." He leaves the building and looks over at priestess. "Selase, you're the one who tries to work with these things... what is it that causes a body to just spring to life like this? Are our souls enough to give it the energy needed to get up? Or is this festering bile inside these wounds..." he lifts up his arm that was sliced open and which shows the signs of the disease, "just going to have an effect over time? Cause if it's our proximity that is going to cause these things to rise from the ground... we probably want to stop searching around like this."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Jarrith looks over at Janis and chortles. "Be my guest!" he says... knowing full well that the others probably wouldn't let her.

GwydapLlew

First Post
Sir Khensu (26 hp, lay on hands used)

"We are not the lords of this land, Janis." Sir Khensu states flatly as he closes his eyes and presses one hand against his chest. May the Flame heal these wounds and show me how to fulfill its wishes. His hands glow softly as wounds begin to close.

((OOC - Lay on hands for 5 hps, this should bring me up to 26 hit points total.))

"By the Galifar Code of Justice, we may only engage in such activities if granted that right by the lord of these desmense." He emerges from the house and nods towards the next home, indicating his intent to enter. "Let us cleanse this infestation and find any survivors. Until we know the lay of the land, I am unwilling to destroy hearth and home."

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The other two homes show similar signs of recent abuse, but any inhabitants---dead or otherwise---have long fled. All that remains is silence.

Standing in the intersection, the party has a decision---westward to the heart of the village, or north or south about its outskirts.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
"Middle of the town makes the most sense to me. That's probably where we'd find the Burgomaster's office I would guess."

If no one disagrees with this plan, Jarrith begins moving forward... expecting the others to mount up and follow along behind.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The group leads their horses deeper into the town. An eerie stillness infuses the air, and the occasionally soft moan that is heard only adds to the disquiet.

As you approach another intersection, the everpresent mist clears slightly, revealing a human body lying face down in the street amid the garbage. One of the buildings facing the street has its door smashed in. Everyone clearly hears the heavy shuffling of feet within the surrounding buildings, and no one is surprised by the glimpse of a young teen's distended walking corpse in a nearby home. The fight is on!

Street Encounter Round 1

attachment.php

J: 21 (15/26 hp, sickened, cat's grace 15 rounds, 4 turns checks left)
S: 20 (4 rebukes left)
Z: 18
M: 15
K: 11 (26/47 hp)
D: 7
J: 6 (mirror image, 31 rounds)

Map Key: D: Daellin, d: Edi, h: Horse, h: Luminous, J: Jarrith, J: Janis, K: Khensu, M: Marot, S: Selase, Z: Plodding zombies
Conditions: Mist grants concealment to creatures 30' away. Cyan Border: mirror image, Green Border: sickened, Transparent: Dead.

Please indicate your actions for round 1. Note, the door in front of the closest zombie is still closed.

Attachments

• E2-r1.jpg
    E2-r1.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 411

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
While still suffering the effects of the strange disease running through him, and quite tired of dealing with these things in hand-to-hand, he hustles forward and puts himself up against the building on the left (Move action to L9). He then quickly vocalizes and makes several motions with his hands to cast a spell. Suddenly, a shimmering longbow appears in front of him, and *twangs* once as an arrow leaps from it to the dead youth across the street. (Cast Spiritual Weapon: Attack K5: +5 to hit [+3 BAB, +2 WIS] / 1d8 dam)

Remove ads