• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: Ch. I [IC]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Tessa watched quietly as the three men try to draw strength from one another. She wanted to help, but the Silver Flame was not the way she followed, and she did not know how to convey the protective power of her own faith. The power of the Sovereign Host had kept her strong through many trials, and even in despair she had not lost the support that bolstered her spirit- it even warded her against the surging flame within herself.

She hoped that they would find the strength they needed, and if she could find a way to help, she hoped that she would not hesitate. As the group began their deliberation, she channeled some of the power left to her, easing the injuries that had hampered Ladreth's strength...

OOC: As noted, casting Lesser Restoration on Ladreth.

s@squ@tch

First Post
stonegod said:
No signs of magical eavesdroppers can be felt, and no unusual magic radiates off the gathered. In the close quarters, everyone does noticing something... tangible... about Khensu. When near him before, there was always an aura of confidence, much like inspiration one gains near the lady paladin.

It is gone.

(Or like the aura given off by a certain enlightened spirit... ;) )

Stormwind

First Post
Although she notes the despair and anguish within the group, Ashlyn, realizing that they do not have the time to deal with these matters tonight, simply trusts that they will find the strength from each other to pull through.

Instead she nods once in response to Jarrith's suggestions. "That sounds reasonable. Do any of you have magic prepared that might cloak us in silence for this venture, for I fear, I am none too quiet when I move, nor am I particulary apt at hiding myself from the sight of others. Any assistance in that might help us in the execution of this plan."

James Heard

Explorer
Janis frankly stares at Khensu as if he has grown another head, before leaning in to peer at him closer. Eventually she inhales the air around him as if sniffing his very essence. Not finding an answer there to her unasked question, she frowns deeply and leans back in her chair to look the group over as a whole.

She says nothing except to wave a hand in the air as if to say 'continue', her brow furrowed and one eyebrow in danger of leaping entirely into her hairline.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Ashlyn said:
"Do any of you have magic prepared that might cloak us in silence for this venture, for I fear, I am none too quiet when I move, nor am I particulary apt at hiding myself from the sight of others. Any assistance in that might help us in the execution of this plan."
Jarrith shakes his head. "Not I. But as far as moving... if we get up to the ruins early enough, we might be able to get into place well before another arrival, and thus silent movement will not be an issue."

He shrugs and looks at Lady Ashlyn. "As far as hiding... the night sky will be out, so the cover of darkness should help in that regard. If you are truly suspicious of your ability to remain hidden... perhaps remaining outside the circle of ruins would be best then? I can keep myself hidden within the ruins... perhaps on top of one of the outer walls so that you all can see me when I stand... the rest of you in the treeline outside the circle. When the witches are in place and focused on their rituals, I will signal by standing up bow drawn... and you all can then rush in to engage. As we mentioned previously... as I am still failry strong with remaining divine power I should probably stay out of hand-to-hand so that I am free to heal you all as you fight. With Ladreth, Ashlyn, Tessa, and Janis in or out of bear-form... the four of you can make a very strong engagement. Marot can assist with long-range attacks, and I will flit in and out healing as needed."

He looks at the others expectantly. "How does that sound?"

s@squ@tch

First Post
Marot the Deadly

"I would also like to propose an additional tactic that we could employ against this Green Lady."

"If it comes to pass that she has several henchmen or thralls that attempt to block our access to her, I can transport 2 others with me to bridge any gap. All I require is that the three of us be in physical contact."

"This could be done from whereever we are hiding as well, if we are close enough."

OOC: Can use Flee the Scene to bring 2 people -- and teleport 40' -- into the heart of the battle -- could be useful to bring the party tanks to the green lady, if she is surrounded by a wall of minions, barricades, obstacles, etc.

James Heard

Explorer
Janis sits up in her seat and shakes her head negatively.

"Why don't we just walk up and kill everyone who tries to eat us? That seems to be the way our plans end up anyways, and once they're already trying slice off our faces it's easier to pick them out from the crowd. They're apparently committed to perform this ritual, just where are they going to run to in Barovia? If they run then we've already half won, and if they fight then we're disrupting them...I don't see how coming in like a ton of bricks off the top shelf is a bad thing this time. Under ordinary circumstances I'd prefer to talk with them first, but frankly after the whole blindness thing I'm reconsidering. If it's really important we could always summon the dead back to answer some choice questions - and to serve their sentences to absolve their debt to society."

"I'm not going to be in bear form this time, my magic at that is nearly exhausted and if they do run we'll want me to take to the air and find out where they're running to or chase them."

"If I had my way we'd buy a few scrolls from the caravan artificers on the way out, and rain fire on these people as a way of announcement. We've already fought one battle today, I'm disinclined to be cute about the next one - not when failure will weigh so heavily upon the people in this village."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Janis said:
"Why don't we just walk up and kill everyone who tries to eat us? That seems to be the way our plans end up anyways, and once they're already trying slice off our faces it's easier to pick them out from the crowd.
Jarrith nods. "Well that's pretty much what I expect we would have done... I was just thinking we might try and take them by surprise when we do. Don't give them the time to prepare for us marching up the hill... just come rushing out of the bushes like you said."

Janis said:
"I'm not going to be in bear form this time, my magic at that is nearly exhausted and if they do run we'll want me to take to the air and find out where they're running to or chase them."
"Good point. All right then... what is your best bet then for the engagement, hand-to-hand with weapon drawn? Or is your spell power still somewhat strong? We can't all remain out of melee because then they'll just run off like you said. I'd be okay with getting into melee if we had enough spell and healing support... but it sounded like you folks were pretty much out."

Janis said:
"If I had my way we'd buy a few scrolls from the caravan artificers on the way out, and rain fire on these people as a way of announcement. We've already fought one battle today, I'm disinclined to be cute about the next one - not when failure will weigh so heavily upon the people in this village."
Jarrith chuckles at Janis' retort. "Heh heh... well your way sounds fine with me. Hopefully they have some items for sale that we could pick up. Maybe Bildrath might have something too... although I dunno how anxious he might be to sell to us. A fireball... a lightning strike... a hailstorm... any of them would be a great opening salvo."

s@squ@tch

First Post
Marot frowns somewhat at the idea of just marching blindly into battle once again.

"So far, the only tactics we've used in this cursed land has been to blindly wade into one battle after another. I would hope we could use our hopefully superior intelligence over our foes at least once or twice, perhaps catching our prey off guard, instead of the reverse. I am all for arriving at the location early, and doing our best to conceal ourselves while we await this 'green lady' to appear and summon who-knows-what."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads