• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: Ch. I [IC]

Bergeron slowly composes himself, and begins to walk towards where the group was talking. He had heard an unfamiliar voice, but when he finally got there, the stranger was gone. Sucking his breath in through his mouth, Bergeron put on the sternest face he could and took hold of his light mace.

"Where are the abominations? Have they fled our might presence?"

GwydapLlew

First Post
Sir Khensu clasps Sir Urik by the forearm, warrior-fashion ((OOC - if he has obvious injuries, I'll use my lay on hands on him)) and steps back. "The Burgomaster is also dead. Aid is coming by means of a caravan - it will arriving in the village soon. If you have need of us, speak with Mateush Ochem; he will be able to contact us."

The shifter smiles at Bergeron's question. "The creatures were undead, and fled before the might of our friend here. Are you feeling better?"

James Heard

Explorer
Janis takes the time spent in discussion with the warrior to examine the area and search it for anything specific of interest or which might have culled the undead from their rest.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Janis' examination turns up nothing of note to her arcane senses, and her mundane ones see nothing that would reveal themselves as odd. Daellin watches with a raised eyebrow as the mage walks amongst the tombstones Jarrith and him recently searched, but says nothing.

[Sir Urik does not appear to have any physical wounds.]
Urik returns Khensu's clasp, and the shifter and Ashlyn hear his whispered words, "Ask... her... about the Symbol. She will never talk to me, but you..." You see a fierce need in his eyes as he says the words. He then nods at the others and leaves. As he passes the recently reawaken Bergeron, he laughs again. "Wee folk. Truly, strange days, Hurrn." The mists then swallow him and his companion, and all is once again silent.

[What now? I'll assume continue to the camp if there is no more discussion.]

GwydapLlew

First Post
After long moments pass, Khensu leans against one of the crumbling walls and speaks absently, as if to himself, "What an odd man. This place has more than one mystery, it seems."

He looks to the harder-working members of the group. "Find anything of import?"

Stormwind

First Post
Ashlyn will look on as the others ready themselves for the onward trip. If Daellin needs help in catching his mount, or Sir Khensu and Jarrith need help with Selase's old mount, then she will give her aid, calming the horses with an air of confidence that speaks of much practice.

Once the group is ready to proceed she turns in the saddle to face Daellin. "Do you see trace of any tracks here save for ours and Urik's. I was wondering if your friends from the caravan have come through here? ... The saboteur and his cohorts?"

[Handle animal check to calm the horses if necessary]
[Ashlyn is ready to move on to the camp]

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Stormwind said:
Once the group is ready to proceed she turns in the saddle to face Daellin. "Do you see trace of any tracks here save for ours and Urik's. I was wondering if your friends from the caravan have come through here? ... The saboteur and his cohorts?"

"I do not know yet..." The elf says, begining to search for tracks. OOC: Survival +12

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Sir Khensu said:
"What an odd man. This place has more than one mystery, it seems."
"At least he seemed competant and earnest in his work. And that means we'll have one more person we can count on if things around here get really worse." Jarrith moves over to Selase's mount and climbs up onto the back. "He may not be the sort of person I'd have over for drinks... but at least he's not the walking dead. So that's a point in his favor, Brother."

Remove ads