• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I'm thinking the dam is here so that giants and their stock have enough water. Can you imagine trying to keep such army watered at normal sized stream? Or small river?" Ordrar looks at the steading.
"We should focus on that, if we flood the steading, more fun for us, but shouldn't be a priority. Don't forget that people downriver don't really perceive the threat, some chaos flooding might just open their eyes."

TallIan

Explorer
Fina:

Finnan Listens to the others for a few minutes. "I know magic that could put a group of enemies to sleep, but I would need some time to prepare it, unfortunately I think beasts such as those are likely to resit it. If they were weary before I cast the spell..." he trails off. "I'm inclined to think that we came here to scout, we are not so powerful a force that we can take this head on. If we can do them a disservice, all the better though. Perhaps exploring those caves and seeing if we can bring this dam down."

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
AC: 12 (15 with mage armour, 17/20 with shield)
Initiative: +2
HP: 38/38 (HD: 6/6d6)
Arcane Ward: 16/16 THP

Offense
Spell attack: +7 to hit Spell DC: 16
Quarterstaff: +2 1d6-1B

Luck: 3/3
Healing Potion

Spells
CANTRIPS (3): FireBolt, Light, Minor Illusion, Mage Hand
LEVEL 1: (4/4): *Mage Armour, *Shield, *Fog Cloud (C), *Thunderwave, Sleep, Unseen Servant (R), Alarm (R), Find Familiar (R), Comprehend Languages (R)
LEVEL 2: (3/3) Flaming Sphere (C), *Misty Step, *Levitate (C), *Web(C)
LEVEL 3: (2/2) *Counterspell, *Fireball, Tiny Hut (R), Fear*[/SBLOCK]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"I think we are agreed, then." said Aremus after listening to everyone's opinions. "If there are no further objections, let us begin by scouting those caves and see what we find."

The Caves: Sneaking down to the cave entrance proves to be no problem. Those who enter notice many filthy, flea-ridden pallets that are sized for hill giants. The only other furnishings are two empty ale barrels and a half-smashed crate. About 60 feet away are two different tunnels to go down. The entire cave echoes with the sound of giant snoring, but your current room is empty.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Grudd Haug/Cave
Afternoon
Round 0

Dren looked around the entrance room in the cave as they snuck in. It seemed they had found the giants’ nesting ground.

The dwarven monk poked around the room a bit, keeping an ear open for the snoring. “I say we ‘ead doon the tunnel tha’ ‘eads t’ward the ‘ouse,” he whispered to the others.

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Perception: 1D20+3 = [3]+3 = 6
Stealth: 1D20+3 = [13]+3 = 16
Bonus Action:
Move:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 51/51 HD: 6/6d8+2
Ki: 6/6/R
Darts 10
Arrows: 18 Used:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Treasure]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tranio - half-elf death cleric
Fistan - human wizard
Carolina - halfling rogue
Dren - dwarf monk
Bethany - human fighter
Aremus - half-elf paladin
Ordrar - dwarf eldritch knight
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Ordrar whispers back
"And leave the snorer behind us? I say I smash his head in and we head downward. We're here to destroy the waterdam, not to look into the house, right?"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Let us see if it is just one snorer. If so, maybe we can let our friend bash him." whispered Aremus and he snuck in the direction he thought the snoring was coming from.

[roll0]

Remove ads