D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Aremus sees Dren considering a Healing Potion. "Save that valuable resource, friend." He puts his hands on the Dwarf and a warm glow shines from them.

[roll0]

(Last of my spell slots)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
(Again, Tranio can heal, but he needs to be asked directly. Some people like to live on the edge of Death, in order to make the feeling of life more acute. Or so he believes.)

Aremus: The size and depth of the tracks lead you to believe they belong to a hill giant. Stone giants are much lighter and don't like to venture above ground. The hill variety are known for their great girth and stupidity. The tracks further indicate that the orcs weren't caught offguard by the giant's appearance and they all seem to calmly head off in the same direction.

Fistan: The rain has weakened the scent and your cat struggles to lock in on the enemies. It seems,generally, they headed North and avoided the road.

Dren: The orcs seem to be from a very different society and the only "valuables" they have are the ear necklaces.

Everyone: The cautious approach works out and everyone crosses the bridge without incident. The rest of the journey is slow, given the size of the crowd being herded, but uneventful. After two hours, Nightstone comes into view and the villager let out emotional cheers. The two Goblins, perhaps fearing what awaited them there, would quietly try to slip off back towards the caves. The drawbridge is quickly lowered and everyone is greeted by the unexpected sight of a weeping Torem. " I thought Nightstone was history," he admits. "Thanks to you all it still has a future."

OOC: For saving the villagers you all raise to level 4! Don't forget you still have one of the orcs as a prisoner too.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tranio is happy to arrive, and will help Spuds unload his cart. He pays him 2gp as promised. and sets his mind to thinking about new spells.

OOC: I think we've not divided any loot, and with this payment, Tranio is down to 3gp. I've not been keeping track. If there's 25gp, Tranio will buy Thieves' tools. He's also itching for 50gp of ruby dust eventually.

Character almost updated -- still need to choose ASI.

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ch2b76.jpg

Forest near Nightstone/Bridge
Morning
Round 0

Dren looks up at Aremus as the man casts a spell and the dwarf’s wounds close.

“Thank ye kindly, Aremus,” the dwarf said with gratitude. He tucked the healing potion he was considering taking into his belt pouch again. He had found nothing when searching the orcs.

The trip back to Nightstone was uneventful, and Dren was grateful to see the drawbridge.

OOC: Check out the Party Treasure below for what we have. I believe the chainmail and helm went to Ordrar? Not sure. Anyone object to the requests from Trainio? Anyone else have anything they need? Can we get some of the things priced, or do they return to their owners, if still alive?

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Bonus Action:
Move:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:

Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 14
HP: 25/25 HD: 3/3d8
Ki: 2/3/R
Darts 10
Arrows: 20
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Treasure]
Chain mail (dwarf-sized)
Dwarven helm
75 gp
32 sp
37 cp
2 bright gemstones (50 gp ea.)
Potion of Heroism
3 blocks of incense
Silver holy symbol shaped like a unicorn’s head
3 empty vials
Golden pendant of a devil’s head
Healer’s kit
Potion of Healing
[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Aremus will not take anything from the party treasure (though will be grateful if his food and lodgings get paid for) and will be happy for others to equip themselves with whatever they need to become even better adventurers.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Ooc: Ordrar already took his stuff.
He even sent to departing goblins
"Stealthily back, no orc meets now."

At the town in the remains of his tavern
"I know you are fully entitled to spoils of war, but I would urge you to let people have what is theirs and any money you got returned for rebuilding. Take what you had of expenses of course. If you do donate, I'll reimburse you or The Lady will. We should repair the wall ASAP, there are giants about."

industrygothica

Adventurer
Carolina looks at Ordrar stupidly. "Giants. And you think a wall is going to stop them? Your gold might be better spent payin' Ol' Spuds to cart you and your people somewhere less... dead." The halfling moves off to take a seat and to fully inspect that infernal crossbow that cant' seem to hit anything. "But," she continues, not bothering to look Ordrar in the eye while she's working. "It's your town, and your choice. I'll back your decision, even if it's the wrong one." She does finally look up and offer a coy wink before putting her attention back into the crossbow.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Aremus looks over Carolina's shoulder, "It's got a bend in a limb, making the flight groove not straight on the stock. Bang that bit in and they should fly straight."

Then to Ordrar, Hey Dwarf, do you need some help with the holes in the roof?"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ch2b76.jpg

Forest near Nightstone/Bridge
Morning
Round 0

OOC: I thought the dwarf-sized chainmail and helm were found in the tavern and were Ordrar’s.

Dren nodded to Ordrar and pulled a table to the center of the tavern. He set out everything they had found. “Let the town know, if you will,” he told the dwarven tavernkeeper. “I have had no expenses, though I don’t know exactly where everything was found, or who it belongs to,” he admitted. “I hope you trust your folk to claim honestly.”

OOC: Everything in Party Treasure is now set out for claiming.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Bonus Action:
Move:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:

Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 16
HP: 33/33 HD: 4/4d8
Ki: 3/4/R