Strange Stars IC

RedStar

First Post
Torvak looks over those asembled by the Caliph and nods to them each in turn.

"All is not well here. Something is gravely wrong," whispers the heavily muscled Torvak to his new companions.

Clad in hides and a shirt of silver chain Torvak looks out of place amongst such finery. For a moment he takes time to study the Caliph's family before his gaze is drawn to the young man stood by the royal family, noticing his frown he stares intently at him for a few seconds before turning back to the Caliph.

"Your Highness, you have called us here and we have come. What is it that troubles you?"

Someone

Adventurer
Milar and Qalare, now nearer the unknow man, spots some similarities between the Caliph and him, despite the difference of age. Alik´s face shares some, not much, but some of the features of the man at your right.

The Caliph hesitates to speak. Seconds pass before he inclines in his throne and says with some difficulty: ”You are accused of high treason. I require you to surrender your arms. Guards” continues, ”Disarm and jail those men”

When you manage to articulate your dropped jaw, the unknow man interrupts you before you have a chance to speak: ”Silence! The Caliph´s order are to be obeyed without discussion. Guards! Now!”

The guards gulp down. They are the best in the army: agile, skilled, strong, brave and disciplined, armed with the finest steel and the best crafted armor. Though the know that any of you could wade through an army of them without breaking much of a sweat. However, they start drawing the scimitars while the children of the royal family gasp with fear.

[Though I attach a picture detailing the situation, do not automatically assume you are in combat. It´s included only to make clear where are you, not to say what you should do. The big blue thing is a shallow pond; the small circles are pillars and the stars are only decoration.

Also, post your character in the rogue´s gallery (strange stars character thread) before continuing posting here]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Here´s the map (hope this time the size is right)

Attachments

• audiencechamber.jpg
    audiencechamber.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 313

nameless

First Post
Overcoming his initial reaction, Qalare makes no initial violent action. He merely holds up a hand to indicate that he wishes to speak. "Guards," he says, addressing the guards, but obviously speaking to the mysterious advisor. "This new vizier is correct. But if we are in fact, enemies of the Caliphate, would it not occur to us to resist his orders?"

I hope this man is not as powerful a wizard as he appears. The Royal Family is in grave danger, moreso if a battle erupts here. As if answering a question nobody asked, Qalare's train of thought leaps between causes and effects. Of course, it seems so easy, controlling an empire by these means. Remove the only opposition and even those who question can do nothing to stop you. This may be our best and only chance to save the Caliph.

Letting his previous statement sink in for a moment, hoping that it falls on listening ears, Qalare adds, "So perhaps an explanation is deserved, for the better of all present." I only hope we can stall long enough to see what's really happening.

[My action for this round/interval of time is to make a Lore check on the topic of who this mysterious man might be, knowing the lineage and such of the royal family.]

RedStar

First Post
Quickly Torvak glances at those accused of treason along side him. "Jalok must have known something was wrong, his warning to bring weapons is clear to me now," whispers Torvak.

Looking round to the guards he bellows at them. "Would you needlesly spill blood in front of the Caliph's family? Sheathe your swords while we listen to this weasel's accusations." Torvak jabs a clawed finger towards the vizier as he says the last words. "Well then, speak."

DM_Matt

First Post
Rana looks on somewhat shocked, and tried to remember what she knows about palace security procedures and defenses. "The royals and this new guy are clustered together. Hmmm, I know that always kept an eye out for magical defenses...what did he have? Few force fields can stop my magics for long, but blocking one shot is enough." [OOC: Do I know if there are magical protections on that area? Can I see any with Spellcraft?] Rana tenses her mind and body, ready to strike with her blade or her most powerful killing spell if attacked. Meanwhile, Rana speaks up "Your highness, with greatest respect I believe that a legal point of order is necessary here. I am a citizen of Thran, sent by the Thulkarr to aid you. As such, I assume you mean to accuse me of espionage, not treason. I believe that I can speak for the Thulkarr in saying that we value both our honor and the continued cooperation between our two nations far too much to sqander so irresponsably. But if you persist in these charges, I demand that I speak to the ambassador at once and that the Thulkarr be alerted to the situation so that this misunderstanding can be corrected. I do not believe that anyone here desires so sticky an international incident. I hope that this unfortunate incident can be resolved as quickly as possible so that I can return to the work of safeguarding your kingdom."

Fanog

First Post
As he had walked into the reception chamber, some thought had been bugging Milar. He had recked his thoughts, but couldn't place it. Only after he sees the royal family and the stranger, and hears what they had come for, do things slide into place. "Would visitors normally be allowed to bring weapons before his Highness? Jalok must have known, but from whom did he receive his instructions? From the Caliph himself maybe? He seemed exceptionally hesitent to accuse us, like he was forced to."

Milar listens to the others as he tries to make sense of it all, all the while making sure that he does not make any sudden movements.
He makes a small nod at the winged one's comment, indicating that he had noticed as well. There must be another reason why we're here, maybe the Caliph has sought our help after all", Milar thinks. "He might be able to tell us something, if we just had some time. buy time..."

"Your Highness, please. I can assure you that there is nothing that I have done against you, your family, or these lands." he begins to speak, his calm voice trying to smoothe sentiments. "Family... Is the vizier also one of the royal family? It almost seems like it." Not losing pace, Milar continues. "If you could please tell us what it is that would cause you to make these charges, perhaps we can understand what is happening..."

Someone

Adventurer
Rana is not aware of magical protections, though is rumored that the Caliph is usually protected by talismans of great power. However, you don´t know what are these.

The unknow man frowns at Torvak while the guards slowly close your flanks, keeping two of them back let some of you try to flee through the pond. The Caliph lowers his head and says nothing, clutching the throne in a tight graps while the queen tries to keep the children out of danger.

"Be reasonable" says the captain "Let´s not spill blood in this place"

"Shut up and do what the Caliph says!" replies young at your right.

It´s obvious that the guards will attack in a couple of seconds...

[DM-Matt, I´ll need your definitive character. Take your time if you need]

Last edited:

Jade Solstar

First Post
The mysterious half-elven man robed in flowing white and purple slowly pulls back his hood and very quickly strings an arrow and aims it at the new Caliphs vizier. His facial expression would seem to belay the situation as he merely smiles softly with a serene look saying "I am Rashid Swiftstrike and the Calpih has been like a father to me for over 20 years... I will not allow an ursurper to slither his way into power here while my hand can yet string an arrow. If I am to perish in defense of Al'Gera then you to shall die with me foul tounged servant of lies." "What evil magics are at work here for the Caliph to betray me such ? I will do as commanded as he is my liege but this new vizier does not seem right to me, for I can not recall in forty years
ever seeing him here...Never have I seen the Caliph so distressed and his son almost seems to be staring at me as though I should know what is happenning...It appears a mighty web of deciet is being woven here."

Surely Jalok must have been forewarned as to the situation or else he was warning us of the impending danger and rightfully so.

With a firm nod and a knowning smile to his other compatriots accussed of treason Rashid intently focuses his attention at the new vizier as though by looking at him enough he may see the truth. "Though I hope that I am wrong I may very well be committing treason if I slay one of the royal family but this man seems to be surrounded by an aura of deciet and fear..."

[I will ready an action and if we are attacked I will take a full attack action at the vizier firing 4 arrows using rapid shot. But each arrow I fire will be a sleep arrow as to only cause subdual damage and hopefully put him to sleep so we can figure this out.
Attack: +28/+28/+23/+18 Non-Lethal Dmg: 1d8+12 19-20/x3 Will DC11 to avoid sleep effect]

[OOC- as this is my first PbP game I hope I am writing my actions/thought correctly and combat actions...if anyone had suggestions please let me know thanks...]

Last edited:

RedStar

First Post
Seeing his fellow accused level a weapon at the Vizier, Torvak turns towards the guards and steps forward towards them drawing his broad bladed sword. "Stay out of this or you will die like dogs upon my blade." Torvak calls upon the power that runs in his blood and starts casting a spell. As he finishes the short incantation he begins to grow.

[ooc: Drawing sword, 5' step back towards the pond, casting Enlarge Person. Str 32, Dex 10, AC 28. Space 10', Reach 10'. Base sword damage 2d6, base bite damage 1d8, base claw damage 1d6]

Remove ads