Strange Stars IC

nameless

First Post
[Okay, no problem. I only ask about the Forcecage, because I can't see or touch it like the rest of the characters can :D]

Continuing his magical assault, Qalare performs more common set of incantations, necessary to change his shape. As the magical energies take their course, Qalare begins to grow in height. His clothing (but not his ornate jewelry) melds into his skin as horny, golden scales wrap around his body. His legs merge into a long, serpentine tail, and his head distends into a fearsome, ophidian shape. His transformation complete, he is a fearsome-looking serpent man nearly 11 feet long. Qalare soars through the air nearer the opposing wizard, but remains defensively between the magical cage and elite fighting force.

"Disintegrate the cage! We stand no chance separated!" Qalare shouts, but notices the invocation of powerful magic within the Forcecage. He whispers to Milar, "I need an opening in his magical defenses, throwing spells wantonly will get us all killed."

[Cast Polymorph on myself, choosing Yuan-ti Abomination as my form. Use movement to approach the SE side of the Forcecage, but keep it between myself and the archer. If my Rod of the Python isn't readied, ready it as I move. Also heal 14 damage from the polymorph.]

EDIT: Forgot to close a bold tag.

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
"Are we gunna fight or are we gunna run? (said in a tone of genuine questioning, not challenging bravado)"

I take a step back and to the right (5-foot step), so that I am shielded by the others from spell line-of-effect from Quilsani, then I disintegrate the cage. If we are fleeing, I will only drop the back wall. I will then move to the space two squares to he left of Qualare, such that the side of the cage hinders the robed man's line of effect.

I say to the guard near me

"Drop your weapon unless you have a death wish. My quarrel is not with you. You can't stop me anyway, you'll just be throwing your life away"

Fanog

First Post
Milar takes a few steps back, pressing himself against the walls of the Forcecage. He tries to get away from any of the guards, so that he will be undisturbed when casting further spells. Options race through his mind as he hits the invisible wall containing them. Milar quickly discards most of them as either useless, dangerous, or too overtly hostile. "Disintegrate? I'll leave that to the others...", he thinks. Milar nods to the words spoken by the now serpentine man, replying "I'll try, but it's the best I can do for now. Make sure you don't stand between me and him."

Milar raises one hand, pointing the other at the robed man in the corner. He mutters the words that will summon power from the water at his feet. "Hear my prayer, and do as I wish. Wash away the magic on this man, sunder the incantations that protect him. Go and cleanse him of magic." Waves of magic rolls forth from Milar's hand to the robed wizard, crashing into his defenses and attempting to rip apart the magic that is on him.

RedStar

First Post
Torvak cries out in frustration at being penned in by the force cage. "May your child maker rot away to nothing you son of a whore!"

Struggling against the sudden lightness under one of his feet Torvak attempts to step back to steadier ground. Suddenly with an angry roar the half-orc breathes a mass of flame through the bars towards the Caliph's guards.

[ooc: Trying to get out of the reversed gravity and then use my breath weapon (30' cone 4d8 fire damage) on as many guards as I can catch in its area without harming the Caliph or his family.]

Jade Solstar

First Post
With a look of great concern upon his face and intent concentration Rashid strings another arrow and with a firm and demanding voice that rises above the clamour of battle he says "May my arrow strike true and no force by man's hand stop it! Prepare to fall you foul creature of deciet and relinquish your control over the pious and righteous Caliph!"
I am astonished that my arrow didn't strike him, the dark powers surely protect him for it has been many years since my arrows have not striked true...Surely he has gained some magical sway over the Caliph for him to endanger his greatest allies and friends...

[OOC-I will make another full attack action at the Vizier using Rapid Shot...but my first arrow fired will be my special ability "Phase Arrow" which ignores cover, concealment and even armor but any magical barrier will stop it.
Attack: +28/+28/+23/+18 Damage(Lethal): 1d8+12]

Someone

Adventurer
Just rules stuff, I´ll post the descriptive part and map later

[Rana manages to cast Disintegrate without problem, removing the forcecage, then moves.

The guards float aimlessly in the air, except the two south of you who back up a little; and the caliph makes his familiy crawl under the courtains.

Rashid steps back and fires four times upon the nameless mage. The four arrows fly true, scoring two criticals. However, the wounds heal as soon as the mage rips them from his body. [This is NOT a damage reduction effect.] To Qalare, it´s like if he had an unlimited amount of positive energy running through him.

Milar, Qalare, Torvak: Now that you saw that, confirm your moves or change them. By the way, Yuan-ti doesn´t appear in the SRD, did they change from 3.0? If so, please post what relevant (to the polymorph spell) changes they had.]

nameless

First Post
[Yuan-ti have the same stats as far as polymorph is concerned. They all have snake heads and human arms now. Main things I get are the +10 natural armor that magic improves upon (revised Barkskin and Amulet), the bite attack with grab, constrict and poison (DC 20 for me, based on HD and Con), and Blind-Fight and Alertness as racial bonus feats. I'll confirm my action, but not move up to the no-longer-present forcecage. Instead I'll move for cover from the archer to the E into the 10' wide area between the pillar and the wall.]

[The positive energy thing helps a lot though, I don't think that will save him from petrification. I guess we'll see.]

Fanog

First Post
Milar has a moment's doubt, seeing how the robed wizard heals his damage so quickly. "A regeneration effect?", he guesses. "Just one more line of defense that I might be able to breach'.

With full determination, he lets loose his Dispel Magic.

Someone

Adventurer
Curses, fire, spells and death cross the air in a matter of seconds, starting with the nimble Rana disintegrating the invisible prison and allowing you to move freely. Qalare transforms himself into a huge snake whith arms, and draws his serpent staff. Milar steps into solid land and prays to the spirits of the waters while four arrows stick into the unknow mage´s flesh as if directed by God´s hand.

Rashid stands proudly; no one could have survived that barrage. The wizard(?) falls on one knee, dripping blood: but it´s only a moment. He pulls two arrows from his torso in one motion, stands up and rips the one solidly sank in his neck. Blood pours from this one like a torrent before new flesh and skin take place in a flassh of yellow light.

He then laughs loud before extending his hand and letting a stream of white energy snake his way towards Rashid. He duck to one side, though he can´t avoid the giant spark to hit his leg and explore in a nighmare of lighning and pain that streams in all directions, burning the courtains, making the throne explode and throwing you out of your feet. When it´s over, a column of flame and unholy power descends from the ceiling, commanded by the guy with the falchion, that sears your skin and raises a cloud of steam from the pond and quickly dissipates. Milar clutches his wounds before realizing he´s in danger: the unarmed man has dashed towards him and brutally punched in the chest, though he manages to keep his breath and cover as a stream of fire pass near him as Torvak releases all the might of his draconic heritage, severely burning the helpless guards. However, the ones in red avoid most, if not all, of the fire breath; in fact only one of them show minor burns.

[Milar casts Dispel Magic, [of course without any obvious effect]

Qalare polymorphs (healing 14 damage)

The unknow spellcaster directs the newcomers in Abissal and decides to go the direct route. He retaliates with an Empowered Chain Lightning upon Rashid and almost kills half of the group (93 damage, Rashid and Qalare save), though he looks surprised. The one with the falchion follows with Flame Strike (32 damage, Torvak, Qalare Rana and Rashid save), the one with the spiked chain commands it to burn and moves while the unarmed guy runs through the hall at top speed and hits Milar once [5 damage, though the cleric avoids being stunned]. The guy with a bow moves slightly while full attacking Torvak, and manages to score a critical [29 damage] (yes, it´s the Day of the Crit, I´m as surprised as you)

Torvak adjusts his position and breathes fire, catching guards and newcomers alike, burning the guards –though they still live- and affecting slightly the guy with the chain.

Status: Qalare 10/49, Rana 37/112, Rashid 49/117 Milar 12/82 Torvak 38/129]

Attachments

• audience chamber round 2.jpg
    audience chamber round 2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

Remove ads