Strange Stars IC

nameless

First Post
Seeing that the strange young man has given him no other choice, Qalare is forced to action. I wish I knew more about this mysterious young man, it seems unwise to kill him before seeing his hand. Stalling still seems to be the best option. Not wishing to bring harm to the loyal guards, he decides to use one of his most powerful, yet nonlethal spells.

Suddenly floating backwards over the reflecting pool, Qalare begins casting. Throwing his arms to the sides and raising his palms towards the heavens, he concentrates and speaks arcane words of power, causing subtle shifts in the nature of reality itself.

[OOC - Assuming the guards haven't closed to melee range yet, Qalare uses his move action to float up and backwards over the center of the shallow pool behind him. Then he will cast Reverse Gravity, shaping the effect in two lines along the sides of the pool to catch all 14 guards in place. The lines are each 10 feet high, 5 feet wide (snaking as necessary to catch all the guards) and approximately 70 feet long. If guards have moved, then change the specific dimensions to fit their new positions, the important thing is lifting them off their feet and 10 feet into the air. If Qalare is in a threatened square, cast the spell defensively and then float back.]

[OOC - Also, did I have time to make a Lore check last round? That could be pivotal information, if it is possible to make one]

Someone

Adventurer
nameless said:

[OOC - Also, did I have time to make a Lore check last round? That could be pivotal information, if it is possible to make one]

[Sorry, I forgot to mention earlier. You have no idea of who this man could be, he certainly doesn´t belong to the known royal family. Apart from the possible bastard children, you know that about 55 years ago, when the Caliph greatfather died, there was a certain danger of civil war between the Caliph´s father and his younger brother, Qalasini. Susprisingly, he accepted a voluntary exile to avoid the war -though he was not precisely famous for his generosity- and dissapeared. Qalasini must be about 80 years old by now.]

Last edited:

Fanog

First Post
Limar backs away from the Caliph and the vizier, taking his first stap in the shallow pond. "Feel cold, but safe", he notices. I might have uses for it later, maybe raising the water will distract or divert the guards. Later..."

Milar grabs an ointment from his belt pouch and start rubbing it over his eyes. He feels the water run along his legs and concentrates on the strength it has always given him. As he distributes the salve, he mutters under his breath, making his requests of power. "Hear me, spirits of purity. As I partake of that which is clean, purge from my sight illusions and deception. Show me that which is real and true."

With regained certainty of knowing that he sees true, Milar stares intently at the unknown vizier and the Caliph, trying to find any signs that things are not as they seemed.

[OOC - I forgot to purchase the material component for True Seeing, but I had enough cash leftover. I hope it's okay that I assumed I had some available?]

DM_Matt

First Post
While he is doing that, I cast Greater Heroism, saying "This has come as quite a shock. I must bolster my preceptive abilities to better understand why this is happening to me, or perhaps to recall what I could have done to inadvertantly cause this." (Greatr Heroism gives a +4 bonus to skill checks, among other things)

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Suddendly is like the tension snapped a rope. Rana casts an spell as four guards leap upon her and strike with their scimitars; the blades flash through clothes and armor and clang against the floor as she tries to dodge them. The fight continues, but she has some light wounds. Other guards attack Rashid, Milar, and Qalare, who do their best to defend himself until the wizard raises his hand and the guards suddendly jump and start floating in midair air.

An arrow flies from Rashid´s bow and hits the strange man, exploding in a cascade of white light; but absolutely nothing happens, except that following that, he waves a hand and pronounces arcane words.

Four armed men dressed in red clothes emerge from behind the courtains; some of them plce themselfves to protect the spellcaster, while other prepares to charge. As you ready to face those enemies, you realize you´re in a invisible jail. Qalare, looking over his shoulder, recognizes the new men place of birth: strange and distant lands of evil. Preparing for battle, Torvak casts an spell that makes him grow to the stature of a giant, though that makes the overcrowded jail even more uncomfortable, while you can hear the running feer of new guards that come from outside.

[Rana wins initiative; casts Greater Heroism and draws Greatsword (DM´s call, I supposed you forgot it). Tell me what skill do you want to use]

Guards move and attack with awesome rolls: One attacks Rashid and hits [6 damage] 4 soldiers attack Rana and all hit [41 damage; once discounting the 12 temporal hps from Greater Heroism it lowers to 29 hp down] 1 attacks Torvak, and fails; 2 attack Milar and hit [19 damage] 4 attack Qalare (3 hits, 1 of them critical, 35 damage)

Rashid: Surrounded by too many guards, waiting. (see ooc thread)

Milar: 5 feet into the pond; further movement costs double (and you can´t make 5 foot steps) Further action held, since he´s on a threatened area. (again, see ooc thread)

Qalare casts Reverse Gravity (grey areas) and the guards start flying, then flies over the pond. You can count the flying guards as pretty much harmless.

Rashid, now free of threatened aread, draws bow and shoots Qalasini (only once, drawing a bow is a move equivalent) without absolutely any effect; the magical explosion should at least have bruised him, but nothing happened. [spent 1 sleep arrow]

Milar casts True Seeing, but everything seems normal, including the misterious man; he´s not an illusion, polymorphed or magically disguised. Milar is now into the pond; it counts as shallow bog.

Qalasini Forcecages most of the group (red strips). 4 men appear from behind the courtains and take positions; they carry diverse weapons (falchion, bow, spiked chain and one unarmed)

Torvak casts Enlarge Self, but in the crowded Forcecage there´s almost no room. He´s forced to partially step on one of the Reverse Gravity areas after growing, but if leaves it before the next round, there will be no problem.]

Attachments

• audience chamber round 1.jpg
    audience chamber round 1.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 229

nameless

First Post
Without Siva and Devi to protect him, Qalare quickly runs through his options. He has some type of protective magic, I don't know which of my spells will penetrate it. Too risky. Those 4 soldiers in red look like trouble, as well. I'd better fortify and see if these new and strange bedfellows of mine can probe his defenses.

[I'm assuming Qalare is flying over the heads of the two guards on either side of the pool and is out of their vertical reach, since that was the point of flying over the pool. I'm also assuming I identified the Forcecage as it was cast, since I can't fail that Spellcraft roll.]

[I'm going to wait for my turn in the initiative to post my action, it looks like Rana, Rashid and Milar will go before I do]

Someone

Adventurer
DM_Matt said:

[Sorry, what does that mean? Anyway; the forcecage spell forbids attacking through the bars, except with small weapons (like arrows) The bars do provide cover. ]

[I'm assuming Qalare is flying over the heads of the two guards on either side of the pool]

Yes. The ceiling is about 20 feet high, slightly less on the sides.

and is out of their vertical reach, since that was the point of flying over the pool.

You can assume that.

[I'm also assuming I identified the Forcecage as it was cast, since I can't fail that Spellcraft roll.]

If I mention spell names you can act with that knowledge.

[I'm going to wait for my turn in the initiative to post my action, it looks like Rana, Rashid and Milar will go before I do]

[Please post your actions. You can change them later, and the other will know what do you intend to do.]

Remove ads