• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Strange Stars IC

Jade Solstar

First Post
Stepping forward from his position a few steps behind Rana, Rashid bows slightly throwing his cloak back and firmly states to the ambassador "My Lord Ambassador, only thr truth has been spoken to you this night. I myself am the Captain of the Royal Archers and like Rana am having to flee to solve this problem... If we stay much longer we may soon be outnumbered by those loyal to this ursurper of kings. Rana is a steadfast ally of the Caliph and our other companions. We are all ready to do what we must to stop this dark wizard and return peace to Al'Gera. We have risked much just coming to warn you and must flee into the shadows very soon..."

As he finishes speaking Rashid looks into the darkness as though he is expecting something that may not come... He then steps to Rana side and in a gesture of support and friendship places his hand on Rana's back.

Someone

Adventurer
[something happened with the boards yesterday and I coldn´t post]

The ambassador meditates for a moment. "The Thulkarr always had confidence in you. Do what you think is appropiate; I´ll try to find out who´s that wizards and what does he want, and send you the information if it´s relevant."

Last edited:

Fanog

First Post
Originally posted by Kamal
The old man smiles. "The poetry of the tale interfered in it´s clarity. I am Kamal;
Milar looks slightly uncomfortable at this comment. "Forgive me for this awkwardness. I presumed that the poetry served the purpose of distancing yourself from the tale. I didn't mean to insult by accidentally being more straight-forward then you..."

Milar glances at Qalare next to him and nods. "Yes, we have no hopes of confronting Qalasini here, if he has indeed drawn this much power from the fountain. Examining it should be our first goal. Mauybe we can find a way to sever his connection to it. It not, we could always seek to destroy it as a last resort." His mind is already out at sea, anticipating the journey to this new island. It will be good to be out on sea again.

Milar turns to speak with Qalare. "The spirits of the Infinite Sea are wise. Perhaps they can guide us. I could ask them if a journey to the fountain will help us. I could perform the ritual after we meet up with the other." He then turns back to the man he now knows as Kamal. "We will do whatever we can to remove this usurper, to make sure that the Caliph stays well and in power. Please tell us - How long is the journey to this island, are there any danger to face?"

Someone

Adventurer
Fanog said:
Milar looks slightly uncomfortable at this comment. "Forgive me for this awkwardness. I presumed that the poetry served the purpose of distancing yourself from the tale. I didn't mean to insult by accidentally being more straight-forward then you..."[/b]

Kamal waves a hand. "No need to apologize." then coughs.

"We will do whatever we can to remove this usurper, to make sure that the Caliph stays well and in power. Please tell us - How long is the journey to this island, are there any danger to face?" [/B]

"Long and dangerous, yes. You know how the Infinite Sea is: ever changing, bottomless and misleading. I have a chart, but you know they´re almost useless under the strange stars of the Sea. I didn´t intended to reach it; it was an accident, after the ship was caught in a storm. But sure it´s far away from the civilized lands."

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
Someone said:
[something happened with the boards yesterday and I coldn´t post]

The ambassador meditates for a moment. "The Thulkarr always had confidence in you. Do what you think is appropiate; I´ll try to find out who´s that wizards and what does he want, and send you the information if it´s relevant."

Thank you, Tharzian"(I decided to make him up a name if you dont mind) I must go now. I must meet the others and escape before the wizard finds us. It is vital that you send the appropriate information to the Thulkarr immediately. Rana puts her hands on his shoulders and looks him in the eyes. He could come at any time. You can't beat him. Their is no honor in dying in vain. If it becomes necessary, do what you must to save yourself. Do not force me to have to tell Nyda [his wife] and the children that I was not here by your side when needed." Rana hugs Tharzian and leaves.

We try to meet the others at Ben Nassor's. Also, are there any healing potions availible at the embassy?

Someone

Adventurer
[Check the OOC thread; Mirdor healed you all before leaving Qalare´s house.]

Thardian leaves the room and comes back with two blue vials [of cure moderate wounds.] May not be much, but it´s all I can do for you now." says "May the allforgiving watch your steps."

To make things shorter, you cross the city bended against the wind and soon arrive at Nassor´s palace, where you are informed of all that happened.

Jade Solstar

First Post
After arriving at Nassor's manor, Rashid unwraps the cloth from his face and after hearing all that has happened with a grimacing grin states "It appears that the deception is deeper and darker than I ever thought. The fountain of youth, eh ? Now that is indeed a noble quest in and of itself but we have others reasons now for seeking it out... For the Caliph, his family and the citizens of Al'Gera may we succeed at this divine quest laid before us on this path. May the One True God smile upon us and indeed bless us in this dark time under the cloak of evil."

Last edited:

nameless

First Post
"We should go now, before our plan is discovered. If the Winged is to sail again, I can hardly think of a finer crew than this one. I shall set the winds at our back, and we should be able to make a hasty escape. Thank you for everything Kemal."

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
nameless said:
"We should go now, before our plan is discovered. If the Winged is to sail again, I can hardly think of a finer crew than this one. I shall set the winds at our back, and we should be able to make a hasty escape. Thank you for everything Kemal."

"The ship isn´t ready to go." says Kamal. "And after all, you can´t leave with this wind. I´ll have the ship and his crew ready for a long journey tomorrow in the morning; meanwhile you can rest here."

"If they come looking for you, there is a concealed door behind that tapestry that leads to the port through an underground passage."

Kamal claps and a servant comes and helps him stand up. He wishes you good luck and comes out of the lead room; after a while, you are provided plenty of food and drink.

[More to come later]

Fanog

First Post
Milar sets himself on the pillows, thinking their course of action. "Kamal has a map of the route that lead him to the island. It is probably not accurate, but it's better than nothing. Perhaps we could already study it."

When the servant arrives, Milar makes some requests. "Excuse me. Nassor spoke of a man. Would it be possible for us to study it as long as we are here? Also, could you perhaps bring a bowl filled with pure water, as wide as possible please?"

Remove ads