D&D 5E Strength rogue and feats

Stormonu

Legend
I'm playing a strength-based rogue at the moment (assassin subclass). I'm extremely disappointed with the assassin subclass - it's subpar.

One interesting thing I've been doing with the character is making him a skirmisher - move in, make attack, bonus action disengage, drop back out of enemy range. AC doesn't matter if the enemy can't target you... Feels good when it works.

Volund

Explorer
I played a half-orc str-based arcane trickster but only up to level 6. Started with 2 levels of barbarian so barb 2/rogue 4. Used a rapier (finesse) for sneak attack, which he could get at will using reckless attack for advantage (melee weapon attack using str), and then cunning action to disengage to avoid counter-attacks with advantage. His trickster spells were charm person, disguise self, and find familiar. They all have a long duration and don't require concentration, so if they had already been cast they were unaffected by rage, which only limits casting and concentrating on spells. It was a short campaign so I never had to deal with the concentration issue for higher level spells. He was a fun, versatile PC. Not the best at stealth (expertise helped), but between rage and athletics expertise his ability to grapple or escape a grapple was really good.

Remove ads