D&D 5E Strixhaven: Orientation

WotC has released an overview of the upcoming Strixhaven: A Curriculum of Chaos, as adventurers of levels 1-10 uncover a plot against the university. Teased are activities like tavern games, a magical frog race, an improv festival, and other social encounters. You can also take exams to improve your skills, join clubs, or get jobs.

Also included is a bestiary of over 40 new creatures.

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 6.13.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 6.15.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 6.16.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 6.18.06 PM.png

The Bibloplex contains most of the information in the multiverse. Plenty of other locations fill the book, such as Captain Dapplewing's Manor, a mansion built for the university professors. One adventure has the PCs breaking into the manor. Another adventure involves the main Strixhaven student sport, Mage Tower.

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 6.18.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 6.23.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 6.22.35 PM.png

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
I'm just going by what's been presented so far. All of the artwork and descriptions have been very wizard/sorcerer oriented.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe this just isn't the book for me. Not the end of the world.

P.S. @Yaarel, I get what you're saying, but I don't want to play the flunky janitor who gets to hang out with the cool kids. :)
Did you read the Unearthed Arcana for the subclasses that came out for Strixhaven? Because if you had, you'd know that WotC intends for at least Bards, Druids, Sorcerers, Warlocks, and Wizards being in Strixhaven. (Artificer, while not included in the UA, also seems like an easy assumption for someone that would attend Strixhaven.) And, Ravnica and Theros both had tables and recommendations for how to fit all of the different classes (and subclasses) into the setting, so I'm assuming that WotC will do the same with this book.

JC also said in this video that any class can be present in Strixhaven, and that while they considered mandating spellcasting for the setting earlier on, they later just decided to allow any class/subclass in the setting.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Todd Kendrick interviews Jeremy Crawford on Strixhaven player options.

Apologies for the triple-post, but he also confirmed in this that the Hobgoblin of the Feywild is going to be in an upcoming book. That's really interesting. I kind of had assumed that it had been abandoned awhile ago, but I guess not. I wonder what book it will be in . . . (maybe Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse?)

Stormonu

Legend
Gearing up for a RWBY - Harry Potter - Witchlight campaign when this thing is out. Adding in elements of RWBY will give the martials something to do, and a jaunt or three into the Witchlight via the Carnival allows for some deaging and/or shapeshifting antics to throw in the mix. Hoping it will be a hoot...

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases