D&D 5E Strixhaven Twitter Previews

Warner will be not happy if they discover now there is a potential rival for their Harry Potter's franchise.

I guess even Hasbro will want to produce their own cartoon serie (with a kid-friendly tone, here violence is not necessary).

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Warner will be not happy if they discover now there is a potential rival for their Harry Potter's franchise.
If Warner is just now discovering that an entire genre exists that has nothing to do with Potter that's on them.

The Magicians went 65 episodes, 3 books, and 2 comic books.
The Order is up to 20 episodes.
The Wynx Saga 208 cartoon episodes, 4 cartoon specials, 6 live action episodes so far.

darjr

I crit!
If Warner is just now discovering that an entire genre exists that has nothing to do with Potter that's on them.

The Magicians went 65 episodes, 3 books, and 2 comic books.
The Order is up to 20 episodes.
The Wynx Saga 208 cartoon episodes, 4 cartoon specials, 6 live action episodes so far.
taking notes
raises hand
Thank you sir may I have another?

Dausuul

Legend
Wizard schools have a long history in fantasy--all the way back to Dracula, and probably further--but Strixhaven's Harry Potter vibe extends well beyond simply being a wizard school:
  • The school is divided into long-established factions, each with a legendary founder.
  • Each faction is defined by a particular ethos, and recruits students who are drawn to that ethos.
  • Virtually everyone joins a faction. They aren't like college fraternities where most students never pledge.
  • There is a popular magical sport, played in a stadium, with each faction fielding a team.
Of course, the division into factions, and the association of each faction with an ethos, is very natural for a Magic setting. The color system almost requires it; you'd have trouble creating a wizard school setting in Magic that didn't look at least a bit like a Harry Potter pastiche. But Strixhaven leans into that resemblance hard. The sport of Mage Tower, in particular, is hard to see as anything other than a shout-out to Quidditch.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Hey, if it's not for you, it's not for you, and I respect that. But about being unrollplayable.... You know there are rollplaying games where romance is the main thing the game does, right?
I mean more I can't roll play and emotion I am fairly certain I lack not that nobody can.
Sorry it brings pain to you. Like I said, I've never used it my games - but I have seen people use it and do well with it. It just not my cup-of-tea for RPGs. But I understand that everyone roleplays differently - that is the beauty of it (and D&D) IMO.
it is more what I want to learn is how to roll play well but the good groups for it tend to have nothing in common with me and also have emotions I can't replicate hence my displeasure that this advancment.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Wizard schools have a long history in fantasy--all the way back to Dracula, and probably further--but Strixhaven's Harry Potter vibe extends well beyond simply being a wizard school:
  • The school is divided into long-established factions, each with a legendary founder.
  • Each faction is defined by a particular ethos, and recruits students who are drawn to that ethos.
  • Virtually everyone joins a faction. They aren't like college fraternities where most students never pledge.
  • There is a popular magical sport, played in a stadium, with each faction fielding a team.
Of course, the division into factions, and the association of each faction with an ethos, is very natural for a Magic setting. The color system almost requires it; you'd have trouble creating a wizard school setting in Magic that didn't look at least a bit like a Harry Potter pastiche. But Strixhaven leans into that resemblance hard. The sport of Mage Tower, in particular, is hard to see as anything other than a shout-out to Quidditch.
That's just an amplification of a very British structure, and not a unique thing to Potter.
There are still vestiges in the Ivys here

Remove ads