• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Suggest a fix for Shadow Wasp Strike (Ranger Attack 3)

Nareau

Explorer
As has been pointed out in a couple of places, the Ranger Attack 3 power "Shadow Wasp Strike" is strictly worse than the Ranger Attack 1 power "Evasive Strike". Can you suggest a balanced houserule for how to fix SWS?

Nareau

kouk

First Post
I agree in a straight comparison the level 1 ability is better because it has additional effects, but I think there is still a place for the level 3 ability as it is the only one with 2[w] damage at that level.

If you like dealing big damage, you would take the level 1 and the level 3. If you wanted a different level 1 (such as the tasty Dire Wolverine Strike), then wanted a power that did 2[w] you could take the level 3 one.

Ander00

First Post
So, what about Steel Serpent Strike and Dance of Steel? Has that been errata'd, or is it still a case of the higher level power doing less than the lower level power, in addition to being more limited in the choice of weaponry?

cheers

underfoot007

First Post
Why do you need a house rule? If you do not like the power, choose another power instead. There are Three other level 3 power to choose.

I think house rules are fine to fix problems, but I think you can just not pick that power.

keterys

First Post
While I agree with Underfoot, part of me did wonder if they meant for it to be like a minor action based on the wording. Minor action 2W is too strong, though, so maybe it got fixed but not fixed all the way, or whatever.

Mort_Q

First Post
The fact that is specifically only works when you target your quarry should... mean something... it's like the Effect: or Miss: was accidentally deleted or something...

... or maybe the quarry mechanic worked differently before, and like the fighter Containing Strike power, it didn't get edited properly.

keterys

First Post
Actually, that suggests one possible fix - it could make the target your quarry as a special pre-hit. That would give it a purpose in quarry-ing a far off target more easily.

Mort_Q

First Post
  • Marks your quarry until the end of your next turn.
  • Maximizes Hunter's Quarry damage.
  • You have Combat Advantage against your quarry until the end or your next turn.

??????

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads