Sultans of Defensive Smack

Al

First Post
Magus_Jerel said:
ooh ooh - even better smackdown.

Cleric 20th level with animal domain-
Cast Death ward
Cast Spell immunity (disintegrate, enveneration, energy drain, feeblemind +1 more spell)
Need - way to be immune to acid damage

Cast Shapechange (out of 9th level domain slot)
Shapechange into:

Lernaean Pyrohydra. :)

Short of dispelling/supressing the spells, am I invincible?

Spell Immunity only goes up to 4th level, although you can knock out enervation and ED with Negative Plane Protection, and enchantments with Mind Blank. Energy Immunity (T&B) takes care of acid and Death Ward actually deals with Disintegrate.

That pretty much deals with it, except there are always a few curveballs: Trap the Soul, Imprisonment et al.

Magus_Jerel

First Post
thx al -

Modified Smackdown:

20th level cleric with animal domain
cast:

Death ward
Negative Plane Protection
Energy immunity - acid
Mind blank
Shapechange - out of domain slot - into

Lernaean Pyrohydra :)

Now - how to stop annoying dispelling attempts of buffs

bitbug

First Post
Distintegrate is not stopped by Death Ward

Al said:
Energy Immunity (T&B) takes care of acid and Death Ward actually deals with Disintegrate.
Actually, Disintegrate is not stopped by Death Ward, since Disintegrate does not have the Death descriptor.

James McMurray

First Post
Now - how to stop annoying dispelling attempts of buffs

Try Ghostdweomer from Relics and Rituals. It wraps another dweomer in an illusory duplicate, which goes first in dispel attempts. Oddly enough, itsa great spell for high level play, but my party doesn't seem to ever use it. It even lasts days per level I believe.

Al

First Post
Re: Distintegrate is not stopped by Death Ward

bitbug said:

Actually, Disintegrate is not stopped by Death Ward, since Disintegrate does not have the Death descriptor.

My mistake.
In this case you'll hide Hide Life (T&B). They can disintegrate your body, but they can't kill you. Now all you need is a Silent Still Eschewed Material Reincarnation (or Silent Still Limited Wish could do the trick)

Remove ads