• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Superheroes of the Trust OOC Thread II

Victim

First Post
Star should start a blog.

And put what in it? Anything related to superheroing seems likely to run into security issues. And Star has tended to be somewhat reticent about many personal things even with people she otherwise trusts - IIRC, Viridian was the only one she's told about her problems with her power (not that other people would be unable to know considering the Trust's records). She thinks that revealing more of herself generally makes her less likeable.

And, in the current situation, it seems likely that she'd draw a ton of negative comments, which seems unlikely to improve her attitude.

Hammerhead

Explorer
Put whatever Star wants in it. It would help to establish us at the "cool" superheroes, the real next generation of people who protect the world. And it puts Star and the rest of the team more in touch with the man on the street (or at least guy on the internet); the team has largely avoided public attention up to this point.

And maintaining a public presence would have to work better than hiding yourself away like all of those dark vigilantes in the 80s. Mention how you're cooperating with the police investigation into KB's death, etc.

Victim

First Post
Maybe.

I wouldn't say we've been entirely news-shy, especially with people like Nitro. But that's someone who was already somewhat famous.

DM_Matt

First Post
Kirinke -- You can't keep making stuff up about the world that is clearly mission-relevant. If Hope would know something, declare a knowledge check and I'll give the answer.

Hammerhead

Explorer
DM_Matt said:
(Hammerhead -- the Janjaweed are a real group, and are the ones primarily responsible for the genocide in Darfur. They are not a supervillain team)

Yeah, I guess that's what I get for not watching/reading the news. However, Errant is probably not so willfully ignorant, so I'm going to do a slight edit to my post. In order to free a necromancer from an extradimensional prison and wipe out an entire superteam, chances are they've got some kind of supervillain backup.

Actually, rereading my post, I never really said that they were a supervillains, but yeah, I was totally ignorant they were a real life organization.

kirinke

First Post
I've been talking with Matt about Hope and I've decided to retire her, because she just isn't working well with the group dynamic.

I'm considering creating a Telikenetic elementalist, one who can manipulate ice, cold, air, earth and water through a form of telikenisis. Nothing magical or mystical, her powers are plainly mutant in nature.

Here is the prelim build mark 3
Character Name..........Titha Akanth (Fire Thorn), locally nick-named by the bad-guys Dambudzo (Trouble)
Concept......................Elementalist
Quotation...................Y'know, I might not be as powerful as some, but I make up for it versatility.
Real Name..................Elysia Helen Achaikos
Identity.......................Secret
Origin.........................Mutant
Allegiance..................Good.
Motivation.................Responsibility
Gender.......................Female
Age.............................25
Height.........................5ft, 9 inches
Build...........................Slender, graceful
Hair.............................Gold-blond
Eyes............................Bright Green
Occupation.................Socialite, missionary
Nationality..................USA, Greece (dual-status)
Ethnicity.....................Caucasion
Initative......................+2
Hero Points................+2
PL/PP.........................11.5/172

ABILITIES
STR....14 (+2)
DEX...14 (+2)
CON...14 (+2)
INT.....18 (+4)
WIS....14 (+2)
CHA...16 (+3)
PP SPENT: 30

SAVES
Fort: 2 + 10= 12. Refl: 2 + 9 = 11. Will: 2 + 8 =10. Toughness: (2 abil +14 force field) = 16
PP SPENT: 27

COMBAT
Defense: +6, Attack: +2, +09 ranged = 11,
PP SPENT: 16

FEATS:
Ranged bonus +09, Luck Bonus +1, Master Plan, Jack of all trades, Beginners luck
Benefit: Wealth. Wealth Elysia comes from a very wealthy and well-connected family. She herself is a quite successful artist and arcitect.
PP SPENT: 15

SKILLS
+14 Concentration 3pp spent, +12 Craft Artist 2pp spent, +12 Craft Architecture 2pp spent, +11 Diplomacy 2pp spent, +14 Stealth 3pp spent, +14 Survival 2 pp spent +10 Search 2pp spent, +12 Notice 2pp spent, +15 Gather Information 3pp spent
Knowlege
+12 Tactics 2pp, +12 Earth Sciences 2pp spent,
PP SPENT: 25

INDEPENDENT POWERS
Force field +14
Regeneration recovery rate 3 bruised, (-1 flaw must be in contact with earth)
Comprehend languages Rank 4 (8pp spent)
PP SPENT: 24

POWER ARRAY 1 RANK 12
Control Earth Rank 12
Control Fire Rank 12
Blast rank 10 (Indirect, variable descriptor to fire and earth attacks)
Earth to mud rank 12
Visual obscure rank 11 (variable)
Snare (movable, tether) rank 10
Deflect (variable with earth and fire, precise, ricochet) rank 9
Ignite Rank 6
Burrowing rank 10
Melt rank 12
Continuous Shape Stone (precise, innate) rank 3
Earth's Voice Rank 6: Elysia can hear the vibrations of people moving about the earth around her so clearly that she can accurately build up a mental picture of what's going on. Treat it as ESP rank 7 (sight and hearing), with a -1 flaw that she must be in contact with the earth.
PP SPENT: 35

BACK GROUND
Elysia comes from a powerful and wealthy family of mutants. Both of her parents are missonaries, using their wealth and powers to help impoverished and stricken countries like Ethiopia. Her father is a native of Greece, her mother is a United States citizen and Elysia was born in the US, giving her a dual-status in both countries. Growing up in Ethiopia, she developed her powers early and was trained in them practically since she could toddle upright. When Barrington's forces started to invade Ethiopia, her parents stood up to fight, but were greviously injured and evacuated. Elysia chose to stay, using her knowledge of the area and her own abilities to confound and delay the enemy, earning her the nickname Dambudzo or Trouble.

Her basic ability is telikensis, which she uses to manipulate fire and earth and associated effects. This is because her doctor father is a powerful telikenetic and fire controller and her botanist mother is a powerful earth/plant controller. Way back on her mother's side of the family, there were several strong telepaths, however, in her, this ability is latent, but it's enough to give her the ability to communicate with intelligent creatures as well as being able to understand any written language

Attachments

• Elysia.jpg
    Elysia.jpg
    713.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Remove ads