• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Superheroes of the Trust OOC Thread II

Shayuri

First Post
Doom...DOOM!

So yeah. I'm thinking for this spell, some kind of area Counter against all Blasts with a technological origin.

Would that mess the rest of us up? Seems like only Optic uses a lot of tech...and I'm not sure his blast is technological...

Jemal

Adventurer
Optic's blast itself isn't technological, it's mutant, but the visor enhances it (4 ranks and 2X accurate..) Without the visor my blast is rank 8 with only a +6 attack.
Not sure if our storyteller would consider that a 'technological blast'..

DM_Matt

First Post
Jemal said:
Optic's blast itself isn't technological, it's mutant, but the visor enhances it (4 ranks and 2X accurate..) Without the visor my blast is rank 8 with only a +6 attack.
Not sure if our storyteller would consider that a 'technological blast'..

The Cisor is technological, so the part enhanced by the visor is subject to nullify tech. The first 8 ranks and 6 attack are not affected.

Victim

First Post
It also sounds like a limiter on power (in the formal energy/time sense) would affect a lot more than technological blasts.

If Viridian wants to fry electrical gadgets, a spell that increases heat loss from resistance might be fun. Microcircuitry would probably fry itself. However, that still wouldn't do anything for guns or exotic technologies.

However, comic book science and all that. :)

Shayuri

First Post
The problem with monkeying with fundamental properties of matter like that is that you have to make them highly exceptioned. For example, if the general property of electrical resistance was increased across the board, then the increase in heat build up would affect more than just delicate integrated circuits. Messing with stuff like that could yield powerful results...but also has a huge potential for unintended side effects and so on.

At least in my conception of magic. Another way of looking at magic is more like, "I want guns to stop working...magic make it so!"

And that's equally valid, really. :)

Elric

First Post
Is anyone else having a problem with email notifications on threads they've subscribed to? I'm not getting any emails from ENW when people post and since that's how I usually keep up with the game it's strange to have to come over to check if someone has posted :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads