• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Supernatural Season 4 - Spoilers

Yeah, but Castiel was written to be impressive. So he was. Ruby didn't have much to work with.

Hmm.. Ruby the hotel girl? I didn't notice that. Could be, though. Hmmm....

EDIT: Did a bit of research online and apparently the answer is yes, that was Ruby in the room with him.

Last edited:

That's potentially pretty massive. Why did she pretend not to recognize Dean and Bobby when they showed up? Is she sleeping with Sam?

What exactly is her agenda here? Is she Sam's personal little succubus, leading him into temptation, or is she really on the up and up, trying to help him? Or is she only trying to help him be the biggest, baddest demon in Hell?

DonTadow

First Post
I like where they are going with angels and look forward to them writing them into the supernatural universe. My bet is that these angels are neutral as is their god. However, Sam's turn to the darkside has made them step in for some reason to stop sam.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
The idea that he really is this angel, and that he's so powerful that all the demons are just freakin' out like that one "game over, man!" demon that Sam sent back to Hell... that would be a really boring season.

Not necessarily. How much power Castiel has does not speak to what rules he plays by. It may be that he's not allowed to personally take on the demons, for example...

Why did she pretend not to recognize Dean and Bobby when they showed up? Is she sleeping with Sam?

Possibly, but not required to explain her behavior. Dean was quite clear on how he felt about Ruby, and about Sam's powers, before he died. Staying below the radar until they knew what was up with Dean was only sensible.

What exactly is her agenda here?

Well, last season her agenda was supposedly Lilith. She hates Lilith, and wants to see her destroyed. Why should that have changed, now that Sam's capable of the deed?

Last edited:

Merkuri

Explorer
I loved Castiel. Very well cast. They made him seem very awesome (in the sense of inspiring awe), scary, and unknown. He's very much a wildcard. I have no sense at all what's coming next, and I love it.

My vote is that Supernatural's God is actually quite different from the Christian God that most people think of when they think of angels. The portrayal of Castiel as being scarier than demons leans towards that. The fact that we have at least one demon who seems to be on the Winchesters' side and that we have a frightening angel seems to suggest that things are grayer than they seem. I suspect we're heading down the road of the moral dichotomy portrayed in Babylon 5, where one side may seem to represent good and the other evil, but in the end both sides end up being manipulative overlords that think they want what's best for us.

I'm guessing there's really no black and white here, just slightly darker or lighter shades of gray.

D.Shaffer

First Post
Considering that so far all the demons we've seen, barring one, seem intent on causing as much destruction as they can, I'm not sure you can place them anywhere BUT Evil. Even Ruby mentions she's a bit of an exception among demons. Angels? Well, we dont have enough info to go on yet, so it's entire possible they're not in the Good camp, but Demons? I'm fairly confident they're Evil with the capital E.

Just a wild guess on my part, but I'm going with the fallen angel route for Castiel.

Maybe that's just because I'm reading some Dresden Files books with the Denarians, but that seems like a good way to go from a plotline perspective, and it gives you moral ambiguity for quite a while until you find out more. Lots of potential for totally screwing over the Winchesters before it's sorted out.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads