• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Supernatural Season 4 - Spoilers

D.Shaffer

First Post
Thoughts on Ep 2...

Nice to see them expanding on Dean's lack of faith here. Some well worn carpet on this one, but he presented it pretty well. Bobby's reaction is similar to mine, these days. :D Still, REALLY effective portrayal.

Ruby's reaction was amusing. "It's an angel! They smite first and ask questions later! I'm not hanging around" Nice to see someone who's normally fairly smug being terrified out of her mind.

As for Castiel himself. I'm beginning to think he really is who he says he is. What this says for Dean and his involvement is interesting. I dont think we've seen Dean so effectively Gobsmacked before like he was here. Of course, I dont think anyone's ever effectively told Dean 'Stop whining and shutup or I'll send you back to hell' before. And this is one of the good guys. :D

The actual arc plot first revealed is...wow. Bibilical stuff. Literally. Seals of the Revelations. The Apocalypse. Active war between Heaven and Hell. Lillith trying to free Lucifer. If this ISNT the last season, I'm not sure how they could top any of this stuff.

frankthedm

First Post
The actual arc plot first revealed is...wow. Bibilical stuff. Literally. Seals of the Revelations. The Apocalypse. Active war between Heaven and Hell. Lillith trying to free Lucifer. If this ISNT the last season, I'm not sure how they could top any of this stuff.
I am very happy to see the show working toward a conclusion. FAR too many TV shows try to just keep going and going until the network pulls the plug. Hell, to risk going off on a tangent IMHO Firefly / Serenity was so damn good because It wound up only getting one season and a movie. Rather than putzing around with filler and spoon feeding the audience the plot over multiple seasons, Joss actually had to tell the damn story.

Not happy at all about the next episode, but I loath time travel in general.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
If this ISNT the last season, I'm not sure how they could top any of this stuff.

They have 66 seals, right? That could be 22 seals a season, for the next three seasons. That'd put then at seven seasons, which is often about the top for such shows.

Of course, they could also speed through many of those in the background, completing it all in one season.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
I am really starting to feel that Sam is a Nephilim. There are plenty of seals and I get the feeling Dean was freed to stop a Nephilim from leading a deamon army as one one seals. There is a reason God chose Dean, and it seemed like Castiel knew and really didn't want to say.

As for Ruby, I am still not happy with the casting. They really need to focus on her a bit to explain her radical personality shift if it is intentional from the writers.

Punnuendo

First Post
Really interesting episode. I don't think anyone was really surprised by the bit at the end where Dean is supposed to stop Sam, but good to get it out in the open.

Blastin

First Post
wow...good episode. Thought the scene where his mom siad about how she would never want her children to grow up hunters was pretty intense.

As far as "stopping" Sam, I don't know. The angel said he was headed down a "dangerous path", not an absolute. Could be that Dean just needs to get rid of Ruby and the demonic influance.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads