Supernatural season finale (Spoilers)

Merkuri

Explorer
What, no thread for Supernatural? Did I miss it?

I thought this episode was beautifully done. I don't want to watch the next season. I think this was enough. Bravo.

I liked how the prophet (I forget his name) disappeared at the end. I'm sure that's a metaphor for the writer leaving the show.

I have a feeling this next season is going to be like the fifth season of Babylon 5. Yeah, it exists, but who cares.

Last edited:

Obfuscated

First Post
I liked how the prophet (I forget his name) disappeared at the end. I'm sure that's a metaphor for the writer leaving the show

Admittedly, it might be a nod to the show creator leaving (has hasn't been the head writer for quite a while), but.......

I don't think he was a prophet at all. I really think that his character was supposed to be God, directly yet indirectly influencing the whole thing.

DMH

First Post
Chuck.

And I thought Michael's face as he was dragged into the cage was hilarious. I feel sorry for his vessel though.

Punnuendo

First Post
Admittedly, it might be a nod to the show creator leaving (has hasn't been the head writer for quite a while), but.......

I don't think he was a prophet at all. I really think that his character was supposed to be God, directly yet indirectly influencing the whole thing.

That was my take on it as well.

Overall I like the episode. The very ending was a doozy though.

Diamond Cross

Banned
Banned
I thought this was the series final episode. I'm not entirely certain though. However, I didn't quite like the resolve to the Michael vs Lucifer thing.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Coolest moment of last night's episode, if not the entire series:

[sblock]Dean making his entrance to the Michael-Lucifer showdown in the Impala blaring Def Leppard on the stereo - "Gunter gleeben glouten globen!"[/sblock]

B-)

coyote6

Adventurer
I also loved that the Impala saved the world. First Chuck the Prophet/God talks about it the whole episode, and then -- one glint triggers a flood of memories, and Sam gets the upper hand. Now that's deus ex machina.

Merkuri

Explorer
Yeah, I really loved Chuck's parts in this episode, giving the story of the Impala (and the story of the brothers, as well) in between the actual episodes.

And I actually loved the ending, and would be perfectly fine if that was THE ending. More comments in sblock (though I doubt anyone reading this thread hasn't seen it yet):

[sblock]I must be a strange person because I like unanswered questions, if they're the right unanswered questions. Was that Sam standing outside under the light, or was it Lucifer? Whoever it was, were they there in body or in spirit (like some sort of astral projection)? Does this suggest that God freed Sam from the cage as a reward of some kind, or was it a metaphor for the fact that Dean gets to live happily ever after and Sam can only look on. The look on Sam's face on the end was completely unreadable. It certainly didn't look happy, but was it a sad longing look or an angry bitter look?

I would be happy if these were never answered.

I still haven't decided whether I'm watching the next season or not. I don't think they can trump this, and honestly I feel like any way they bring Sam back would cheapen his final sacrifice. But at the same time, I love this show and I don't know if I can just sit by and not watch if it's still on. I'd always be wondering what was happening.[/sblock]

Merkuri

Explorer
I also loved that the Impala saved the world.

I wouldn't say it was JUST the Impala.

[sblock]Sam/Lucifer didn't hesitate until Dean said, "I won't leave you." I think that had more to do with Sam gaining control than the Impala did. The Impala was a big part of it, but I don't think Sam would have even looked up to see that army man stuck in the ashtray if Dean hadn't done his part.[/sblock]

Remove ads