• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spoilers SW: Tales of the Empire ( spoilers ). I

When do you think the last episode takes place? I would put it around -3 BBY, since inquisitor thingy doesn't seem to be around during Rebels. But that would make Barriss around 33, and she seemed to have aged more than that. About the latest date would be +4 BBY, which would make her 40-ish.

The Inquisition seems to be conspicuously absent at the Battle of Lothal and later. Is there an untold "Fall of the Inquisition" story?

When do you think the last episode takes place? I would put it around -3 BBY, since inquisitor thingy doesn't seem to be around during Rebels. But that would make Barriss around 33, and she seemed to have aged more than that. About the latest date would be +4 BBY, which would make her 40-ish.

The Inquisition seems to be conspicuously absent at the Battle of Lothal and later. Is there an untold "Fall of the Inquisition" story?
I'm not sure and it isn't really clear. It is clear that Barris aged a lot (though it could be as a result of her using her power to heal others), and Lyn has not (though we don't know how that species ages).

Hoping it is post Obi-Wan though.

There were Inquisitors in Rebels, which is where the Grand Inquisitor died. As for the group as a whole, I looked up their canon history before and they only existed between RotS and ANH. As Inquisitors died, they were not replaced, and by the start of the original trilogy, Palpatine and Vader disbanded it permanently.

There were Inquisitors in Rebels, which is where the Grand Inquisitor died. As for the group as a whole, I looked up their canon history before and they only existed between RotS and ANH. As Inquisitors died, they were not replaced, and by the start of the original trilogy, Palpatine and Vader disbanded it permanently.
Yeah by the time of ANH there was less reason for being around, since most of their targets were gone.

MarkB

Legend

It would most reasonably work at the same time as the Rebels episodes in which they were having to deal with Inquisitors taking Force-sensitive children.

There are no inquisitors during the final season of Rebels, even though there were Jedi on Lothal. Why not? And inquisitors are replaced according to the canonical Fallen Order games. And why disband the order just when it would be most useful? Unless something had gone badly wrong.

MarkB

Legend
There are no inquisitors during the final season of Rebels, even though there were Jedi on Lothal. Why not? And inquisitors are replaced according to the canonical Fallen Order games. And why disband the order just when it would be most useful? Unless something has gone badly wrong.
The Inquisitors, as an organisation of powerful Force users, were always a potential threat to the Emperor. They would only be left in place until they had outlived their usefulness - which would be when the remaining potential Force-users in the galaxy had been whittled down to a level that Vader could handle on his own.

The Inquisitors, as an organisation of powerful Force users, were always a potential threat to the Emperor. They would only be left in place until they had outlived their usefulness - which would be when the remaining potential Force-users in the galaxy had been whittled down to a level that Vader could handle on his own.
But at the time they were supposedly disbanded, Jedi activity is clearly increasing.

The younglings who escaped the purge are growing up and becoming a threat.

The inquisition would have needed to operate for another 20 years to finish its job. Then it could have been disbanded.

Last edited:

The inquisition would have needed to operate for another 20 years to finish its job. Then it could have been disbanded.

According to the available info on the Inquisitors, the organization was disbanded because they were all dead, and Palpatine and/or Vader were too busy with other stuff to take time out to capture, brainwash, and train new ones, especially since all the others were dead and could not help.

Remove ads