• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide: Player Content Guesses

Irennan

Explorer
Also interesting to note that, based on the description of the map, the Sword Coast goes from Amn to Icewind Dale, and from the Moonshaes to the Dalelands: that's a pretty fat chunk of territory, and would explain the Purple Dragon Knights.

The interview about the book that was included in Dragon+ revealed that it will be closer to a 5e FRCS than just a SC guide, complete with an update of the changes that the Sundering brought to the lands and pantheons of Faerun. The focus in the description of the regions will be mainly on the SC and North, but, according to what was said, there will also be info regarding stuff outside of it.

Gnashtooth

First Post
Retiring that awful sword coast map they've been using for the last couple of years for something readable would be my speculation. I can't believe they're including that turd with the uber-expensive version of Sword Coast Legends.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The interview about the book that was included in Dragon+ revealed that it will be closer to a 5e FRCS than just a SC guide, complete with an update of the changes that the Sundering brought to the lands and pantheons of Faerun. The focus in the description of the regions will be mainly on the SC and North, but, according to what was said, there will also be info regarding stuff outside of it.

It's my understanding (no Android or iOS devices.. ) that preview came with an overview map of Faerun that was divided by larger region: and the region marked "Heartlands" seems to match what the pre-preview suggests: Icewind Dale to the birders of Amn, Moonshaes to the Dalelands.

Perhaps the book will give an overview of each marked region and where they stand post-Sundering, and then zoom in on the Heartlands region to go more in depth, with regional subclasses like the Purple Dragon Knight...

Retiring that awful sword coast map they've been using for the last couple of years for something readable would be my speculation. I can't believe they're including that turd with the uber-expensive version of Sword Coast Legends.

Uh which map are you talking about? And the Sword Coast Legends staff have not shown the map they are including yet.

Gnashtooth

First Post
Uh which map are you talking about? And the Sword Coast Legends staff have not shown the map they are including yet.

I am referring to the one they have in the picture of the collectors' packages on the website. It's a graphic of the terrible map that was in Phandelver, HotDQ and I think it may have been in an earlier module or maybe an AL supplement.

I am referring to the one they have in the picture of the collectors' packages on the website. It's a graphic of the terrible map that was in Phandelver, HotDQ and I think it may have been in an earlier module or maybe an AL supplement.

So pretty much you just have no idea what you are talking about.

The Phandelver map was created for the Adventure and it's not the same one as was in HotDQ. This means they are just getting to the year point.

Honestly both maps look really good as well.

The Sword Coast map from SCL will likely be the ingame one.

raphaelus

Explorer
Judging by the weight on Amazon, it should be like 170-ish pages long.

The weight of the SCAG looks more comparable to Hoard of the Dragon Queen and the Rise of Tiamat.
SCAG weighs in at 1.2 lbs, Hoard of the Dragon Queen at 1.4 lbs and Rise of Tiamat at 1.2 lbs. Could the SCAG be as small as 96 pages? If true, that would be a bit disappointing.

Good call, Irennan. CoolstuffInc now lists the book as having 160 pages.

Irennan

Explorer
I can live with a page count of 160. So, it'll be about the same as the old Forgotten Realms Adventures book (in terms of size anyway). I'm really looking forward to it.

I just hope that it will include much more lore than crunch, with a page count that small. [MENTION=6778649]raphaelus[/MENTION] Thanks for the info!

Remove ads