• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Sword of Valor, Wrath of the Righteous AP Part 2 with your hosts Scotley and MLeibrock

Fenris

Adventurer
"I think we ought to burn it. Get rid of it." replies Denir to 'Keva.

Denir then heads back to his tent, and spends an hour cleaning, polishing and sharpening Kord's Arm, before attending the dawn pyre.

OOC: The hour he spends attending to his Sacred Weapon counts as his praying for spells, and is all he needs to do as he no longer sleeps. I will update his spell list in a bit for the new day.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
[sblock=Queenie]Perception checks are kinda like potato chips, one is rarely enough to satisfy me. Not that I would ever question a post by my fellow GM, but I think that he was going to post something different for your roll as Meliara was not near the finding of the potion having hared off on a new course. Anyway, the latest check reveals that Nurah seems to have been in a tent not her own as you remember seeing her pitching her own tent closer to yours. [sblock=In case you have forgotten]Nurah Dendiwhar is the small unassuming female halfling chronicler and historian, aka bard, sent with you by the queen.[/sblock][/sblock]

Meliara slows her pace to catch her breath as she passes near Nurah. "Anything happening here in camp?" She asks her, resting her hands on her knees.

Shayuri

First Post
"Demon bodies don't burn well," Thorn grumped, still eying the potion bottle. "You have to have a really hot fire. Holy water'll work, if you have enough to dunk the whole thing."

Kaodi

Hero
Randlay makes his way back to his tent and gives Bessy a just a quick look over and brief cleaning before getting back into his bedroll. If any of the other soldiers asks he mentions that they should pull out the shovels so they can get to the business of burying their comrade once the sky begins to lighten up.

Scotley

Hero
Meliara slows her pace to catch her breath as she passes near Nurah. "Anything happening here in camp?" She asks her, resting her hands on her knees.

Nurah, shakes her head. "You gave me quite a fright. I thought only demons moved that fast. Was just making sure all is well here. No problems to report. What did you find out there?" The little Halfling woman still seems nervous.

Scotley

Hero
ooc: Has any one done a knowledge planes or religion check yet?

1d20+7=20

The chaotic nature of demons is such that their bodies decompose and lose their resistance to fire fairly quickly after death. If simply left where it fell it would be just an unwholesome patch were only sickly vegetation would grow in a day or too. The crusader policy has always been to burn the corpses of demons whether is necessary or not.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
The young paladin lights a torch and applies it to the corpse. "This is the proper way to deal with a demon."

Fwoosh!

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn frowns a little as Sheldon proves her assumption wrong.

Damn, I could have saved a lot on holy water, she muses pensively to herself.

"I'll be back at the tents," is all she says though, as she heads off.

mleibrock

First Post
Sir Sheldon lights the demon's body on fire in the middle of the clearing. Luckily the grass is moist with morning dew and the wind is calm so nothing else catches fire.

Back at camp, all 99 of the remaining are saddened to hear of the loss of one of their own and will all attend the sunrise service. Aron Kir, the cleric of Shelyn, Sosiel Vaenic, and Nurah Dendiwhar also all attend the ceremony.
Soon the fallen paladin is high atop a make-shift bed with plenty of wood to burn below.

I'll leave the rest for Sir Sheldon to fill in.

Sir Sheldon will bring back the body to the camp, build a funeral pyre, anoint the body with holy water, with the body in the paladin's armor and weapons and priestly robes. While he is doing this he will have the camp awakened and those who wish to attend the burning can do so with a sunrise pyre burning.

Last edited:

Remove ads