• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E T1: The Village of Hommlet (IC)

Shayuri

First Post
Kestrel charges the toad on the left, close enough in the fire bolt's wake that she can smell the odd acrid scent of it in the trail of black smoke it leaves behind. She's on the creature in a heartbeat, holding her smallsword in a funny sort of reverse grip that holds the blade out to the side...it looks like it'd be tough to parry that way, but it does let her get in close and bring her knee up towards the thing's gullet in a quick, sharp strike! Unfortunately, a frog, even a large one, is much closer to the ground than a human and her knee just brushes its back.

Attacks!
Sword attack 17 to hit for 7 damage
Martial arts attack, 8 to hit for 7 damage

http://orokos.com/roll/274727

Rubberneck

First Post
Dur'dan will go after the right toad.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

(OOC :: Ok so this is my first round of combat for 5E so I'd like to go over my rolls to make sure I did this properly. I'm not sure if I have advantage or disadvantage at this point so I only rolled 1d20 to hit. If I need to roll another one feel free to do it for me or let me know to do it. I added +5 to hit. 2 for proficiency and 3 for STR mod. I rolled 1d10 for damage I stead of 1d8 due to my dueling feat. I added +3 for STR mod. Was all this done properly? Thank you for your patience!)

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: With your Dueling fighting style, you add +2 to your damage rolls; you do not increase the die you roll. So, for a battle axe, you would roll 1d8+5 (+3 str, +2 for dueling style). What you may be confused on is that the battle axe is a versatile weapon - meaning you can wield it with two hands to deal 1d10 instead of 1d8. However, if you choose that option, you lose the benefits of the dueling style (since it specifies that you must be wielding a weapon one-handed, with not other weapons. We'll assume, for this round, that you opted to wield the battle axe two-handed.

Dur'dan's axe slices through the toad's rubbery flesh like warm butter.

OOC: Meadowlark is up!

Rubberneck

First Post
(OOC :: So I found I already made a mistake. I added the +3 to my attack for my STR mod. I rolled 1d10 instead of 1d8 due to my weapon being versatile. I guess I realize now that having the Dueling Ability adds +2 when I have a weapon in 1 hand. Meaning the ability is useless if I use my weapon in 2 hands. Not sure what we can do about that unless I change fighting styles. Eek so many numbers!)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Meadowlark draws her sword and strides up to the same toad attacked by Dur'dan.

She swings.

[roll0]

If successful, she does [roll1] damage.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: Not sure where that +8 to damage is coming from. From looking at your character sheet, it should be 1d8+3, so 11 damage with that attack.

Meadowlark's sword punctures the toad's abdomen.

OOC: Taranis is up!

sithramir

First Post
Taranis draws his rapier and stabs at the remaining beast. "I prefer Capoferro when slaying beasts. It seems to work best!"

He stabs at the toad [roll0] 13 doing [roll1] 11 damage if hitting.

Remove ads