• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

T20: High Law and Low Justice, Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watus

First Post
Quinn rises from his examination of the body and sees Thomas at the terminal.

"How's she look?" he asks. "Can we maneuver? Do we have any operational weapons systems?"

"And Doc, get down here. We got something we need you to look at."

G

Guest 11456

Trelene Scrautigue : Luriani Navy 2/Prof 7/Trav 1: Retired Makhidkarum Vice President

Maerdwyn said:
Zaedhrarrg looks at her, then the data, then at her again, still a little dubious. Julia, however, says, "Thank the Star," and looks somewhat cheered. "Okay Trelene. Keep trying to raise the Dvonn on the comm system. Zadherg, do you think you can keep us safe from these fighters for a few more minutes?"

Zaedhrarrg! "Yes, ma'm. Mind you, I would want to see exactly *how* long I can do it, but for a while, yes."

"Good. Trelene, see if you can get them to open Dvonn's hangar. If we can save this boat, I 'd like to. If you can't get them on comm, we'll dock at the airlock instead."

The Luriani woman nods.

"I'm on it, captain."

Trelene begins adjusting the comm system to try and cut through the interferrence.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Trelene tries but can't seem to fight her way through the jamming. She's confident, that, given time, she could do it. It's just a question of how much time Zaedhrarrg is able to give her before they give up and dock at the airlock.
Zaedhrarrg punches up the engines and starts weaving an erratic pattern towards while at the same stime varying the speed of the boat and trying to remain relatively close to Dvonn. "We should only need to deal with one of them, I'd say. Unless he's just going to fire blind, or go adrift, the fighter jamming us won't have anyone target us."

As he's talking, one of the fighters launches another two missiles. Launched from much closer range this time, it doesn't take long at all for them to home in on KerBeta. One passes close enough that only Zaedhrarrg's skill saves them. The other missile sails far wide. Neither will be able to correct their course, and will run out of fule before striking anything. Zaedhrarrg changes course sharply again, and both fighter pilots try to match him.

Julia looks grim. "Your call, Trelene. The fighter probably has one tripple turret, and it's fired three missiles: They'll need to reload. We can dock now at the airlock, probably safely. Or you can make one more try for the comm, and we ask Zadherg to exceute another of those worderful barrel rolls that saved our butts just now."

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Watus said:
Quinn rises from his examination of the body and sees Tomas at the terminal.

"How's she look?" he asks. "Can we maneuver? Do we have any operational weapons systems?"

"Checking now" Tomas responds "our communications are jammed."

(ooc okay running as much of a systems check(Weapons, Engines, Maneuvere Drives, Lifesupport) as possible - assuming I do it from here? )

G

Guest 11456

Trelene Scrautigue : Luriani Navy 2/Prof 7/Trav 1: Retired Makhidkarum Vice President

Maerdwyn said:
Trelene tries but can't seem to fight her way through the jamming. She's confident, that, given time, she could do it. It's just a question of how much time Zaedhrarrg is able to give her before they give up and dock at the airlock. Zaedhrarrg punches up the engines and starts weaving an erratic pattern towards while at the same stime varying the speed of the boat and trying to remain relatively close to Dvonn. "We should only need to deal with one of them, I'd say. Unless he's just going to fire blind, or go adrift, the fighter jamming us won't have anyone target us."

As he's talking, one of the fighters launches another two missiles. Launched from much closer range this time, it doesn't take long at all for them to home in on KerBeta. One passes close enough that only Zaedhrarrg's skill saves them. The other missile sails far wide. Neither will be able to correct their course, and will run out of fule before striking anything. Zaedhrarrg changes course sharply again, and both fighter pilots try to match him.

Julia looks grim. "Your call, Trelene. The fighter probably has one tripple turret, and it's fired three missiles: They'll need to reload. We can dock now at the airlock, probably safely. Or you can make one more try for the comm, and we ask Zadherg to exceute another of those worderful barrel rolls that saved our butts just now."

Trelene doesn't take her attention off of the sensors.

"I'd like to try once more, if possible. If I can't punch through this time, we'll just dock. But I would really like to be able to save the boat if at all possible."

Maerdwyn

First Post
Julia nods and claps a hand to Trelene's shoulder. Zaedhrarrg grins. After another minute or so she thinks she's able to get a poor quality channel - enough to send a short message, and maybe process a response if they send her one. She doesn't think everything will go through, but it's the best she's going to be able to do for now.

Zaedhrarrg goes into a corkscrew, and then pulls along side a large chunk of Alpha's fuselage, trying to match its speed, for cover. He's grinning the whole way.

Dvonn
Tomas gets to work on running a battery of system diagnostics, but it's going to take him more time. The maneuver drives take up the entire aft portion of this room, however, and they are making no sounds whatsoever. From here (the terminal he is using is near the life support system), there doesn't seem to be any physical damage, but a closer inspection will be necessary unless the computer ultimately provides the answer.

G

Guest 11456

Maerdwyn said:
Julia nods and claps a hand to Trelene's shoulder. Zaedhrarrg grins. After another minute or so she thinks she's able to get a poor quality channel - enough to send a short message, and maybe process a response if they send her one. She doesn't think everything will go through, but it's the best she's going to be able to do for now.

Zaedhrarrg goes into a corkscrew, and then pulls along side a large chunk of Alpha's fuselage, trying to match its speed, for cover. He's grinning the whole way.

Trelene opens the channel and begins transmitting.

"Beta to Dvonn! Please open your hanger! Repeat! Please open your hanger! I say once more! Please open your hanger. Over!"

Maerdwyn

First Post
Those on the Dvonn in vac suits who have not specifically cut themselves off from Dvonn's comm system receive the following transmission:

".... Dvonn! Please ....hangar! Repeat! Please open ....! I ... once more! Please open your ....-ver!"

Seonaid

Explorer
Ktarle smiles in small triumph as Ruzz'koff heeds her words about the suit, but it is short-lived as they hustle to get off Alpha in the thirty seconds before the boat takes off. She grabs her medical kit, glancing around to make sure she got everything before sealing up her suit. She throws a look at Vyrkris when she mentions graduation, eyes narrowing slightly in thought. When it is offered, she takes the pistol somewhat gingerly from Vyrkris, juggling it along with the medical supplies.

"A body in Engineering!" She turns to look at the footprints. "Let's go," she says grimly. "It sounds as though there is little I can do, but we need to keep moving."

At Sanaath's command, she frowns but stops moving. A "body" doesn't need my help, and it's possible I am rushing into danger, so I guess waiting here makes the most sense. Even if I don't like it! Her tail twitches, hampered by the confines of the suit. She looks at Vyrkris somewhat sympathetically, her gaze obscured by the visor. She toggles on the speaker mode. "Don't worry," she says. "You'll be fine. Just don't take off that mask." She tries to inject a smile into her words so Vyrkris is reassured.

At Sanaath's question, she digs in her medical supplies. The pistol, still clutched in one hand, gets in her way, so she gives it to Sanaath without really looking at him. "We're on our way," she replies absently to Quinn as she gets out a field test kit and readies a sample of the dust.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Maerdwyn said:
Those on the Dvonn in vac suits who have not specifically cut themselves off from Dvonn's comm system receive the following transmission:

".... Dvonn! Please ....hangar! Repeat! Please open ....! I ... once more! Please open your ....-ver!"

ooc does Tomas recognise the voice?

ic
Getting the message Tomas tries to return the call
"Beta is that you? Call received"

He breaks off and looks towards the others especially Quinn

"call to open the hangar, I thnik its the other boat. I can try and get it open but we'll need people down there waiting - check the EVAC store and see what supplies it contains - especially Vargr suits..."

(ooc wait for response if affirmative will try nd open the hangar - again can I access it from here or do we need to be onsite/elsewhere?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads