Take A Peek Inside Warhammer 40K: Wrath & Glory!

Cubicle7 has shared some quick peeks at the interior of its upcoming Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay: Wrath & Glory! While they note that this layout isn't 100% final, it does give you an idea of the general look and feel of the book. They also call out the the Cherub in the top right corner of the page, which is used to help navigate the different chapters.

Cubicle7 has shared some quick peeks at the interior of its upcoming Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay: Wrath & Glory! While they note that this layout isn't 100% final, it does give you an idea of the general look and feel of the book. They also call out the the Cherub in the top right corner of the page, which is used to help navigate the different chapters.

WG-Ch04-Marketing-Mockup-1of2-1024x737.jpg

WG-Ch04-Marketing-Mockup-2of2-1024x737.jpg

WG-CH04-Archetypes-MARKETING-ONLY-1-1-768x956.jpg

WG-CH04-Archetypes-MARKETING-ONLY-2-1-768x956.jpg

WG-CH04-Archetypes-MARKETING-ONLY-3-1-768x956.jpg

WG-CH04-Archetypes-MARKETING-ONLY-4-1-768x956.jpg

imagineGod

Legend
Woohoo! Finally, we get to live the grim dark experience of the 41st Millennium again. Not that our real world is any better these days.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Was there already a Wrath & Glory book? Is it a new edition?
Ulisses North America was doing it under license from Games Workshop. About a year ago the license was moved to Cubicle 7 who began work on their own version. Here's the whole story:

Mercador

Adventurer
Well, that's weird...

I would be curious to know if there's a lot of differences between each version. I still have quite a few Rogue Trader books here but from what I understand, Wrath&Glory was a merge of all 40K game settings.

Mercador

Adventurer
Thanks for the links Morrus! It feels strange that they use the same exact title as the old version; some folks will do the error of buying not the same edition content.

imagineGod

Legend
Well, that's weird...

I would be curious to know if there's a lot of differences between each version. I still have quite a few Rogue Trader books here but from what I understand, Wrath&Glory was a merge of all 40K game settings.
The biggest difference is in the dice mechanics.

(a) The original Warhammer 40,000 used a percentile dice system of d100 dice, probably evolved from the original Warhammer Fantasy Role Play.

(b) The new Warhammer 40K uses a dice pool of d6 only, probably, to attract more miniatures player-types who have buckets of d6 dice.

Also, the lore of the new RPG takes place in the Imperium Nihilus with Cadia the planet broken by Abadon the Despoiler and a huge rift tearing the galaxy in two. The part that interests me is what happens to all the latent psykers now that the Blackships cannot easily return to Terra from the dark side of the rift?

imagineGod

Legend
Clarification here:
When I talk of the original Warhammer 40,000, it is the Fantasy Flight Games version of d100 (the very first version for the purists, was actually just called Rogue Trader by Games Workshop, and I never played it).

The earlier Wrath and Glory was also a d6 dice pool system, but the production values were inferior. I do not know if that prompted Games Workshop to seek new publishers in Cubicle7, but could be, who knows.

macd21

Adventurer
Well, that's weird...

By ‘Rogue Trader’ do you mean the FFG game from a few years back? Because Wrath and Glory is very different.

Remove ads

Remove ads