D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

Yavathol

Explorer
OOC:
Thinking about it, I think Ilvellios will need all the hit points he can get!
Currently on 30/39, he will drink a second potion while getting into a suitable position.
Is there any cover nearby that he can hide behind?
[roll0]

Thateous

Explorer
J.V. smiles and nods his thanks to Errol before quaffing the potion. He drew upon arcane energies and prepared to fire as soon as everyone was in position.
OOC: [roll0] [roll1] [roll2]

TallIan

Explorer
GM:

Sorry busy week, I'll try to get things moving again soon. Just a quick summary;

Illvilious is sneaking up as close as possible. Errol, Nariah and J.V. is staying at range in overwatch.

What's Duran doing? Do you want Jondal to do anything in particular.

Yavathol

Explorer
OOC:
Since Jondal isn't that stealthy, maybe he should hang back with the archers. We can try and make the duergar come to the archers, with Jondal forming the front line and then the monk can hit them in the rear?

TallIan

Explorer
Round 1

Illvillious manages to sneak right up to the guards, getting as close as he dares. Hiding behind a rock he waits for his companions to unleash their attacks. A flash of eldritch energy announces the attack as Nariah and Errol both score a hit on one of the sitting Duargar. Their discipline shows, as they start to react without panic, but not fast enough for another volley from the party.

GM: I started drawing a map, then realised I don't want to draw that much map, so there is just a range counter. I have Errol, Nariah and JV in a line 10ft apart from each other, with Jondal and Duran 10ft in front of them.
I've assumed you've all targeting the same Duargar - one that is seated and not currently carrying a shield. They're surprised so don't get to act and don't have a reaction to use, so on to round 2 - no more advantage on attacks though.
Illvilious is free to take an action for round 1

[SBLOCK=Rolls and Stuff]
JV healing potion: 2D4+2 = [3, 3]+2 = 8

Illvillious sneaks to within 30ft of the nearest Duargar

Errol shoots with longbow Longbow attack and damage: 1D20+6 = [17]+6 = 23
1D8+4 = [8]+4 = 12 HIT D1 for 12

Nariah EB EB on Duergar: 1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9 Potential Advantage: 1D20+6 = [8]+6 = 14 HIT for 1D10+4 = [1]+4 = 5

J.V misses
[/SBLOCK]
Conditions
Ilvillious 25/39
Nariah 23+6/23
Duran 23/23 Bear Form 12+8/34
Erol 29/36
J.V. 20/27 +d4

Sir Jondal 44/52 1 level of exhaustion
Bruldenthar 9/9 1 level of exhaustion
14 Commoners 1 level of exhaustion

Duargar
Leader: 52/52 - 130ft
D1: 9/26 - 125ft
D2: 26/26 - 125ft
D3: 26/26 - 120ft
D4: 26/26 - 120ft
S: 26/26 - 160ft
Illvilious is 30ft to D3 and D4

Last edited:

Yavathol

Explorer
OOC:
Er, I think you mean "Errol, Nariah and JV in a line 10ft apart from each other"?
If Ilvellios goes in on his own, he's going to get chopped down immediately and then they'll deal with the missile attackers!

He's going to keep hiding for a round or two and let the archers soften them up some more. Let me know if you want another Stealth check:)

Actually, since it is otherwise wasted, he'll ready an action to dash back towards the heroes if any of the enemy sees and charges him!

Remove ads