D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Dessarin/Stone Monastery
Day 7/Night
Round 2

Errol sent another arrow flying down the field at the duergar. “I thought we were letting them come to us?” he said as Duran darted forward toward the dwarves.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: 120’ from duergar
Action: Longbow attack and damage: 1D20+8 = [9]+8 = 17
1D8+4 = [6]+4 = 10

Bonus Action:
Action Surge:
Free Object Interaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 3
AC: 16
HP: 29/36 HD: 4/4d10
Superiority Dice: (1/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 35
Bolts: 14
Bolts Used:
Action Surge (1/R)*
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+4)
Inspiring Leader (1/R 6)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
21 gp (???)
200 cp (Held by Errol)
Set of Keys (Held by Illvelious) - one key opens the doors to the guard room, +3 more keys
Small figurine of a one-eyed orc (Gruumsh)(Held by Illvelious)
Ring of Fire Resistance (Held by Errol)
Silver ruby ring (600 gp)(Held by Errol)
Reszor, magical rapier - Rapier (uncommon), requires attunement (Held by Errol)
Reszor was commissioned by a soldier turned assassin to enhance his ability to kill without being detected. It has a star motif etched into the blade and the handle is of blue leather. Dried blood clings to the blade and cannot be cleaned off. The weapon counts as magical and when you make an attack against on opponent while hidden the attack will make no noise. Additionally, when you make an attack with this weapon and get to use bonus damage dice, such as superiority dice or sneak attack dice, roll an additional die and discard the lowest. When you say the command word "Reszor" the blade will glow with dim light out to a 5ft radius, saying the command word again will turn the light off. Finally there is a mild curse on the blade that drives the wielder to kill. After rendering an opponent incapacitated or unconscious make a DC7 WIS saving throw to stop yourself from killing the creature.
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
GM:
Forgot about initiative, so I've rolled it all here.

Party Initiative: 1D20 = [12] = 12
1D20 = [6] = 6
1D20 = [14] = 14
1D20 = [16] = 16
1D20 = [8] = 8
Rolled in order they appear in the RG so Illvillious adds +2 to the 16
Duarger Initiative: 1D20 = [10] = 10
1D20 = [14] = 14
1D20 = [10] = 10
1D20 = [15] = 15
1D20 = [20] = 20
Duargar win initiative

So I should have posted a turn for them - I'll get that done as soon as I have a minute.
Duran is too far to get to the Duargar this turn - if you want to wait to see what they do, I'll allow you to change that action.

TallIan

Explorer
Round 2

The barrage of magic and missile from the party causes the duarger to scatter, but they prove to be well disciplined. The two standing ready turn and charge the threat, while the remaining three grab weapons and shield and follow soon after, their leader barely slows as he raises something to his face blows a long, "Haarooooo!" from a horn slung on side side.

OOC: Sorry about the long wait.
Horgar, D1, D2 all don shields as their action. D3 and D4 dash. All move towards you. Horgar also sounds a warhorn.

PC's round 2

Conditions
Ilvillious 38/39
Nariah 23+6/23
Duran 23/23 Bear Form 12+8/34
Erol 29/36
J.V. 20/27 +d4

Sir Jondal 44/52 1 level of exhaustion
Bruldenthar 9/9 1 level of exhaustion
14 Commoners 1 level of exhaustion

Duargar
Horgar: 52/52 - 105ft
D1: 9/26 - 100ft
D2: 26/26 - 100ft
D3: 26/26 - 70ft
D4: 26/26 - 70ft
S: 26/26 - 160ft
Illvilious is 10ft from D1, with D2 and the leader in a line behind him

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Dessarin/Stone Monastery
Day 7/Night
Round 2

Errol scowled as one of the duergar sounded a horn. “Well, that’s no good,” he muttered. He dropped the bow at his feet and picked up his loaded crossbow. They were closer now, so it would pack more punch. He fired at the nearest dwarf, aiming to put an arrow in his thigh and trip him up.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action: Heavy Crossbow: 1D20+8 = [13]+8 = 21
1D10+4 = [5]+4 = 9

Superiority die, trip: 1D8 = [7] = 7
Total damage: 16, and DC 14 Strength check for trip
Bonus Action:
Action Surge:
Free Object Interaction: Pull heavy crossbow
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 3
AC: 16
HP: 29/36 HD: 4/4d10
Superiority Dice: (0/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 35
Bolts: 14
Bolts Used:
Action Surge (1/R)*
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+4)
Inspiring Leader (1/R 6)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
21 gp (???)
200 cp (Held by Errol)
Set of Keys (Held by Illvelious) - one key opens the doors to the guard room, +3 more keys
Small figurine of a one-eyed orc (Gruumsh)(Held by Illvelious)
Ring of Fire Resistance (Held by Errol)
Silver ruby ring (600 gp)(Held by Errol)
Reszor, magical rapier - Rapier (uncommon), requires attunement (Held by Errol)
Reszor was commissioned by a soldier turned assassin to enhance his ability to kill without being detected. It has a star motif etched into the blade and the handle is of blue leather. Dried blood clings to the blade and cannot be cleaned off. The weapon counts as magical and when you make an attack against on opponent while hidden the attack will make no noise. Additionally, when you make an attack with this weapon and get to use bonus damage dice, such as superiority dice or sneak attack dice, roll an additional die and discard the lowest. When you say the command word "Reszor" the blade will glow with dim light out to a 5ft radius, saying the command word again will turn the light off. Finally there is a mild curse on the blade that drives the wielder to kill. After rendering an opponent incapacitated or unconscious make a DC7 WIS saving throw to stop yourself from killing the creature.
[/sblock]

Yavathol

Explorer
Ilvellios hunkered down by the rock as the dark dwarves ran past; he did not fancy fighting them all on his own and hoped they would not notice him!
Channeling his energy, he prepared to loose a bolt of radiance at the injured dwarf, tracking it until it approached the limits of his range, and then releasing the blast.

OOC:
I believe Ilvellios is on 38/39 hit points, Ian, see post #1351 for the healing potion results.
We want all the duergar to run past and be caught inbetween us before Ilvellios reveals himself. Readying an action to radiant bolt the injured dwarf when he gets to about 25' past Ilvelios, assuming they all dash for their next actions.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Who is S in the list please?
OOC:

TallIan

Explorer
GM:
I believe Ilvellios is on 38/39 hit points, Ian, see post #1351 for the healing potion results.
We want all the duergar to run past and be caught inbetween us before Ilvellios reveals himself. Readying an action to radiant bolt the injured dwarf when he gets to about 25' past Ilvelios, assuming they all dash for their next actions.

Who is S in the list please?
Thanks, I've updated the post.

S: is the sentry. He's currently hidden, but from your earlier scouting you can guess where he is. I've been using this to track position, I'm not sure why I wasn't sharing it.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    19 KB · Views: 115

Remove ads