• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

Yavathol

Explorer
Ilvellios sat opposite JV and made small talk with the squires, mainly talking of the places he had travelled to, and other such traveller's tales, such as sightings of the great wyrm Klauth.

When Thurl approached, he shut up and let Errol do the talking.

TallIan

Explorer
GM: there is a lot of coming and going from the great hall, mostly servants and squires but a few knights as well. You could slip out one or two at a time, but would raise suspicion if you were away more than a few minutes.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Feathergale Spire
Evening

“We thank you for your hospitality this evening, Lord Thurl,” Errol greeted the knight. “We apologize we did not bring along more festive attire. This was definitely an unexpected, but pleasant, surprise. A toast to your health, and may the Feathergale Society survive another...which anniversary is this?”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Errol Dax
AC: 15
HP: 28/28 +5 thp
Superiority Dice: 4/4 @ d8 (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 40/40
[/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
Duran gets up from his seat bows and heads out to try and find the captives, a place to hide while using beast sense and the flying mounts of the cultists.

TallIan

Explorer
Feathergale Spire, Evening

Great Hall

"Nonesense," laughs Thurl in response to Erol's apology, "It's always good to host those who would rid this world of evil. This would be our 10th year of being an official society, though some of us were an informal group before that. Tell me of your exploits so far." Thurl proves to be a very charismatic man, ensuring everyone in the conversation is included. Only a few brief minutes with him and you feel you would follow him anywhere - were you not suspicious of his activities.

Wherever the conversation leads, he deftly brings it back to what you have been up to in the Desairn Valley.

Elsewhere

From sharing information with the others Duran knows of two locked doors on the third level. One of them you know to be Thurls personal chamber and the other to be accommodation. The accommodation rooms are not usually locked, apart from Thurl's. On the ground floor there is a locked room, that you believe is the armoury.

The tower itself offers no space for secret rooms (special reasoning), unless there is a secret trapdoor in one of the stables.

As for somewhere to hide, the solairium (S7) would be quite, if public - though there are likely to be a few unconscious people around the tower tonight - or the room assigns to the rest of the group, would be more private but would require you to get through the great hall. You could also find a quite hole among the provisions stored in the stables.

Thateous

Explorer
JV bows out for a moment early in the feast to change into his Cloister robes who's style, design and comfort seemed much more appropriate for the festivities. When the event changes moods from feasting to socializing JV hits his stride going from social circle to social circle, whispering small blessing between each circle to guide his tounge.

When asked about his attire he explains about the Cloisters mission as a collector of historical literature. If asked about his family he let's slip his nobility but turns down any special treatment or titles.

Sent from my SM-G935P using EN World mobile app

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Feathergale Spire
Evening

“Well, then may the Feathergale Society have another decade of prosperity,” Errol toasted Thurl. “I can’t speak for my companions, but I was passing through Red Larch on other business when we were asked to look into the matter of the missing delegation from Mirabar,” he said. “Seems the poor town has had some troubles recently. Big sink hole in the middle of main street now, and the whole of the town illuminati trussed up in the stocks.” None of that was information that could not have been found easily enough, so Errol didn’t think it too revealing. He certainly wasn’t going to mention his hunt for Savra Belabranta.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Errol Dax
AC: 15
HP: 28/28 +5 thp
Superiority Dice: 4/4 @ d8 (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 40/40
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
Greathall

Thurl seems taken aback by JV's nobility, initially embarrassed by the fact that JV hasn't been treated with difference. "I should have you seated with the knights." He says, but doesn't press the issue when JV turns down special treatment. As JV moves about the tables, he picks up chatter about various raids, though all seem quite small, with knights and squires boasting about their own exploits. There are a few hints in the conversations about factions that the Feathergale Society is fighting against or with, though it proves impossible to chase up any more information.

Erol spoke to Thurl about the trouble in Red Larch, "I had heard there were some trouble makers in the town." Thurl replies to Erols news. "The town elders are all locked up I believe. It sounds suspiciously like a coup to me. We don't have the resources here to help directly, but I would offer whatever help we can - if we could determine exactly what is going on. I wouldn't want to inadvertently help some rebellious rabble."

Thurl's Chamber

Duran, in spider form, easily crawls under the door to the room. Inside he can see a bed, fireplace, a closet and a desk. Uniquely for the Spire he also has a tapestry on the wall.

The desk has a drawer on it with a lock. On the desk is a writing case and a scroll case. Duran's spider body can find access into the drawer easily enough, but it is too dark to see anything. The chest has two padlocks on it and is too well made to allow a spider to crawl in.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads