• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

Yavathol

Explorer
OOC:
Awesome, so next time one of the cultists flies away, likely to their other base, we could use beast sense to get an idea of the direction, at least, of where that base is!

This will be the first time I've ever seen the beast sense spell put into use:-D

Azurewraith

Explorer
" You should attend the hunt, it should give me chance to finally snoop around this place. Perhaps find a safe place to hide while I am incapacitated, while bonded... i will need time to prepare and will need to touch my target, then I will need guiding Away"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Feathergale Spire
Midday

Errol nodded to Duran. “If you think you can get that information, that would be great,” he told the old druid. “I suppose we could accept the hospitality of the Knights for a day longer, at least. There were a few locked or guarded rooms we could check out,” he mused. “In any case, perhaps we could get Savra away from here during the hunt.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Errol Dax
AC: 15
HP: 28/28 +5 thp
Superiority Dice: 4/4 @ d8 (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 40/40
[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Feathergale Spire
Midday

Errol nodded to JV. “Do it without arousing the suspicions of her fellow guards,” he said. “Or wait until the feast when there is less chance of being overheard.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

Errol Dax
[/sblock]

TallIan

Explorer
Feathergale Spire, Evening

Having had time to refresh yourselves and enjoy the sites of the Spire, Julien summons you to the Great Hall. Many of the knights are in the hall clad in the finest garments of velvet brocade. The layout of the room is different with a curved tables filling the space. Twin hearths blaze warming the room while the gathering guests stand in small groups talking.

Thurl heads towards the grandest chair and there is a slight hush as nobles and commoners alike make their way to their own seats. Julien shows you to yours. It quickly becomes apparent that the seating reinforces the social status of all, with Thurl at the head, followed by his knights, then the squires, you and lastly the servants. Only two figures seem out of place, both clad in light blue robes with grey feather mantles. One sits at the side of Thurl and the other with the squires.

Thurl starts the feat off with a toast, raising his glass to you he says, "Honoured guests, here fighting the evil that besets this land." Addressing the assembly he adds, "I urge you to speak with them and learn of their great deeds. Let us learn how we can help each other against the darkness."

There is some applause and the feast begins. The knights and squires eat their fill of every roasted meat imaginable while the servants eat generously of leftovers. Oddly, the two blue robed men touch little food or drink.

It quickly becomes apparent why Thurl appears well liked, he moves along the table talking to Knights, squires and servants alike, though always with appropriate etiquette for their station, and always with his eye to the blue robed man seated next to Thurl's chair. It would appear that he is making his way over to you.

GM: Savra and at least one other knight are not here possibly a squire or two as well, though that is hardly strange as there would have to be a guard.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Feathergale Spire
Evening

Errol felt a little out of place in his worn, but well-maintained armor among all the finery in the room. He dropped his pack at his chair and settled in, studying the guests in attendance. Savra wasn’t here, and one other knight was also missing. Likely they were on guard duty down below. So no talking to her, unless they could manage to get away from the feast. He wondered who the two in the feathered cloaks were. Perhaps those cultists they had discovered. Thurl seemed to be paying particular attention to the one at the head of the table. As Thurl seemed to be approaching them, Errol sat up a bit straighter and settled a smile on his face.

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Perception on the guests: 1D20+2 = [7]+2 = 9
Move:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

Errol Dax
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads