log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

Yavathol

Explorer
OOC: group huddle!
By "thy order", he presumably means the earth cultists? Implying he is not one of them, so do we dare tell him we aren't either? Or do we just leave, and abandon a potential ally?
 

log in or register to remove this ad


KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Dessarin/Stone Monastery
Day 7/Night
Round 0

Errol winced when the old man mentioned the ward on the door. So that is why it felt so difficult to pick that lock. He should have had one of the magic users check it, but the place looked abandoned.

“We’ve no wish to disturb you, honored elder,” he said. “What are you studying that leaves you here in this old, rundown monastery?” he asked him.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Conditions:
Bolts used:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 2
AC: 16
HP: 36/36+6 thp HD: 4/4d10
Superiority Dice: (4/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 35
Bolts: 18
Action Surge (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+4)
Inspiring Leader (1/R 6)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
21 gp
[/sblock]
 



TallIan

Explorer
Sacred Stone Monastery, Day 7, Evening

The ancient figure replies in his dry, cracked voice, "You are not of this order of...monks? I have long lost interest in the charms of woman - or the desires of flesh." It seems impossible that this old man heard Nariah's whispered suggestion but he clearly has. He lets out a cracked sigh, "I Should have known visitors would bring more visitors, I only wish to be left alone to my studies. he mumbles half to himself. He speaks an arcane word and there is a flash of magic, then he says, "Ah, you wish to use your fey powers - deceitful perhaps but not malicious. The monks could not convince me to join their cause, I doubt you can.

Just then Illvilious nudges Nariah forward, in the pitch dark she stumbles on a step. "Forgive me, I have no need of light and no desire to make you feel welcome here." Illvilious feels the old man's gaze turn on him, "There is no need to feel ashamed of calling my home run down, it has not been maintained for centuries. So long as it keeps the wind off my papers and the rain off my books it serves its purpose."

He turns his attention to Errol, "It is solitude that brings me to this place. Everything I once loved has passed, and the legacy left by my brothers and me would as soon kill me as look at me. But I sense that you are not truly interested in what I study, but being polite in order to engage me as an ally? I have no desire to ally myself with you, nor be your enemy, please leave."

As the conversation continues it becomes obvious that whoever this is, he is very insightful, answering questions you do not voice and addressing emotions you try to suppress.
 

Yavathol

Explorer

"Legacy left by your brothers.." A suspicion begins to form in Ilvellios head, "I don't suppose the name Renwick Caradoon means anything to you?"

[sblock]Ilvellios hp 27/27 thp: 6
Str +0(+2 Saves), Dex +4(+6 Saves), Con +1, Int +0, Wis +2, Cha -1
Acrobatics +6, Survival +5, Stealth +6, Insight +5, Perception +5
AC 17
Inspiration: yes
Ki: 4/4
HD: 3/4
Quarterstaff +6, 1d8+4
Unarmed/Radiant Bolt +6, 1d4+3
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...otA-Campiagn&p=6897912&viewfull=1#post6897912
[/sblock]
 

TallIan

Explorer
Sacred Stone Monastery, Day 7, Evening

A strange rasping sounds echoes around the room - laughter? Almost before Illvilious asks the question his answer comes, "I am surprised the Knights of Samular haven't stricken every mention of me from history. The Knights revere my brothers greatly, but would see me destroyed, both physically and in memory."

As Illvilious' suspicion is confirmed he realises that Renwick is over five and a half centuries old, lending a lot of credence to the final verse of the bard's song. Renwick has prolonged his life through necromancy. As those thoughts race through Illvilious' head the lich answers them, "Yes, my brother fed me the potion as I died on the battlefield. Thus securing my eternal unlife as I had been aspiring to for a long time before that. The knightly order would not have survived the controversy, so I absconded to my life of solitude. I believe only rumours of my transformation persist. I would prefer it remained so, I do not want errant knights questing for my destruction. I have seen enough death and destruction for eternity. I do not wish to kill, nor do I seek to raise the dead, I seek only to study in peace."
 


Thateous

Explorer
J.V.'s jaw drops at the discovery of being in the presence of a Lich. "No way!" he mutters under his breath. "I imagine that given your um..." he clears his throat before continuing, gaining confidence with each word. "Longevity, that you've amassed quite the collection? Or do you require more books? Perhaps in exchange for a peak at some of yours..." J.V. is practically salivating as he finishes those last few words.
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
It turns out Duran's silence was definitely the correct option he would like nothing more than to smite this perversion of death but well one Duran lacks the means and two he seemed like a nice guy.

"I can only imagine the knowledge you have amassed over your time here we are trying to bring down the four elemental cults, in particular the earth cult that resides here, leaving you to your solitude if they fall. Not only that but they are up to something, I do not know yet but nature is angry, what if errant Knights caught wind of this and came looking." the old man hopes he can convince Renwick to help.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer


Dessarin/Stone Monastery
Day 7/Night
Round 0

Errol tensed at the revelation that this old man was the lich Redwick Carradoon from the bards’ tales. His hand instinctively went to his sword, but he didn’t draw it. Liches and such things were well outside his area of expertise. He was a bounty hunter, tracking down criminals, and occasionally slaying a few dozen evil humanoids. The others seemed to want the man to help.

“Is there anything you can tell us about the order that has taken up residence here? How many there are, perhaps? Who their leader is? It would be of much help, and we could leave you to your studies.”

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Conditions:
Bolts used:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 2
AC: 16
HP: 36/36+6 thp HD: 4/4d10
Superiority Dice: (4/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 35
Bolts: 18
Action Surge (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+4)
Inspiring Leader (1/R 6)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
21 gp
[/sblock]
 

Yavathol

Explorer
Ilvellios breathed hard, focusing his mind and ki in an attempt to control his emotions.

"Maybe we should just go now?" mentally adding, 'before he realises that dead men tell no tales'.
 

TallIan

Explorer
Sacred Stone Monastery, Day 7, Evening

"Dear lady, he says to Nariah, "I would like nothing better than to be left alone. I have no affiliation with these monks, as much as they would like that. So long as they leave me in peace, I will leave them in peace."

J.V sees the lich turn his head towards him, "You are curious about my work? What I have been studying does not lend itself to greater power, more about the application or one's existing power." He stands up and walks over to a shelf. After a quick search he turns to face J.V. "Here, this should make an interesting start for you."

At Duran's words, Renwick remains silent for a few moments, "Hmm, you seem to genuinely believe these monks are part of something much bigger, that could bring trouble, and you are correct that knights may start to come and investigate... do I have to worry about errant druids too? No, I sense your unease about my condition, but I suspect we could have a lively debate on the morality of such things. That would be interesting, I'm sure.

I can offer little by way of observation of the monks, I do believe they keep some great beast imprisoned and tortured. I have not seen it, but occasionally I can hear it's cries. This building is built on top of an old mine. The tunnels stretch in all direction, be careful if you venture in there, one could easily get lost. I'm afraid I cannot offer any more information... but do take this."
You hear a rustling as me moves about, then the creak of a chest being opened. Renwick rummages around for a minute, then holds out something in his hand. "It is an Amulet of health I have no use for it any longer and it was a great boon to me before I became what I am."

I wish you success on your endeavor, and I shall ensure this place remains empty after you leave."
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
"this is interesting indeed. Thank you. Perhaps we shall have our debate some other time" Duran accepts the amulet and tries to hide the worry he feels about the cults being behind something big.

OOC: So wants the amulet it won't do Duran much good.
 

Yavathol

Explorer
OOC:
Extra hit points would certainly help me, possibly also JV?

Although Renwick has given us some idea what is here, what if the bulk of us stayed just outside his room while Duran does his lizard scouting thing? I wouldn't imagine the guards patrol outside Renwicks room.
 


TallIan

Explorer
Sacred Stone Monastery, Day 7, Evening

You start to leave back through the garden, as you enter this time you notice something a bit off about one of the statues, it is much less weathered than the others and has no plants growing on it. There is also a littering of tiny bones near it. Subtle things you did not pick up on last just minutes ago.

GM: I don't think I mentioned last time that the circles with stars in are all statues, anyway, the suspicious one is the one directly above the 4 of M14.
 

Yavathol

Explorer
Before we go back into the garden, I think we should wait on the stairs for Duran to scout.

OOC: is the area upstairs part of Renwicks domain, or can we explore up there?
 


Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top