D&D 5E Tall's PotA Campaign - IC

Azurewraith

Explorer
It turns out Duran's silence was definitely the correct option he would like nothing more than to smite this perversion of death but well one Duran lacks the means and two he seemed like a nice guy.

"I can only imagine the knowledge you have amassed over your time here we are trying to bring down the four elemental cults, in particular the earth cult that resides here, leaving you to your solitude if they fall. Not only that but they are up to something, I do not know yet but nature is angry, what if errant Knights caught wind of this and came looking." the old man hopes he can convince Renwick to help.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2ed598l.jpg

Dessarin/Stone Monastery
Day 7/Night
Round 0

Errol tensed at the revelation that this old man was the lich Redwick Carradoon from the bards’ tales. His hand instinctively went to his sword, but he didn’t draw it. Liches and such things were well outside his area of expertise. He was a bounty hunter, tracking down criminals, and occasionally slaying a few dozen evil humanoids. The others seemed to want the man to help.

“Is there anything you can tell us about the order that has taken up residence here? How many there are, perhaps? Who their leader is? It would be of much help, and we could leave you to your studies.”

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Conditions:
Bolts used:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Errol’s Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 2
AC: 16
HP: 36/36+6 thp HD: 4/4d10
Superiority Dice: (4/4/R @ d8 DC 14) (Commander’s Strike, Rally, Trip)
Arrows: 35
Bolts: 18
Action Surge (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R 1d10+4)
Inspiring Leader (1/R 6)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
21 gp
[/sblock]

Yavathol

Explorer
Ilvellios breathed hard, focusing his mind and ki in an attempt to control his emotions.

"Maybe we should just go now?" mentally adding, 'before he realises that dead men tell no tales'.

TallIan

Explorer
Sacred Stone Monastery, Day 7, Evening

"Dear lady, he says to Nariah, "I would like nothing better than to be left alone. I have no affiliation with these monks, as much as they would like that. So long as they leave me in peace, I will leave them in peace."

J.V sees the lich turn his head towards him, "You are curious about my work? What I have been studying does not lend itself to greater power, more about the application or one's existing power." He stands up and walks over to a shelf. After a quick search he turns to face J.V. "Here, this should make an interesting start for you."

At Duran's words, Renwick remains silent for a few moments, "Hmm, you seem to genuinely believe these monks are part of something much bigger, that could bring trouble, and you are correct that knights may start to come and investigate... do I have to worry about errant druids too? No, I sense your unease about my condition, but I suspect we could have a lively debate on the morality of such things. That would be interesting, I'm sure.

I can offer little by way of observation of the monks, I do believe they keep some great beast imprisoned and tortured. I have not seen it, but occasionally I can hear it's cries. This building is built on top of an old mine. The tunnels stretch in all direction, be careful if you venture in there, one could easily get lost. I'm afraid I cannot offer any more information... but do take this."
You hear a rustling as me moves about, then the creak of a chest being opened. Renwick rummages around for a minute, then holds out something in his hand. "It is an Amulet of health I have no use for it any longer and it was a great boon to me before I became what I am."

I wish you success on your endeavor, and I shall ensure this place remains empty after you leave."

Azurewraith

Explorer
"this is interesting indeed. Thank you. Perhaps we shall have our debate some other time" Duran accepts the amulet and tries to hide the worry he feels about the cults being behind something big.

OOC: So wants the amulet it won't do Duran much good.

Yavathol

Explorer
OOC:
Extra hit points would certainly help me, possibly also JV?

Although Renwick has given us some idea what is here, what if the bulk of us stayed just outside his room while Duran does his lizard scouting thing? I wouldn't imagine the guards patrol outside Renwicks room.

TallIan

Explorer
Sacred Stone Monastery, Day 7, Evening

You start to leave back through the garden, as you enter this time you notice something a bit off about one of the statues, it is much less weathered than the others and has no plants growing on it. There is also a littering of tiny bones near it. Subtle things you did not pick up on last just minutes ago.

GM: I don't think I mentioned last time that the circles with stars in are all statues, anyway, the suspicious one is the one directly above the 4 of M14.

Yavathol

Explorer
Before we go back into the garden, I think we should wait on the stairs for Duran to scout.

OOC: is the area upstairs part of Renwicks domain, or can we explore up there?

Remove ads