• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

5E Talls S&H adventure

jmucchiello

Adventurer
After somehow conveying that to us, U'Tempei suggests, "Well, let's approach by road until we get near the clearing. Then we can see if circling around makes any sense." She runs a finger along her jawline to her temple.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Castles are made for defense," Saarthax says worriedly. "Does anyone know of secret backdoors or ruined walls that we may use to enter so that we stand a chance against these orcs?"
 

TallIan

Explorer
The castle has been abandoned for over half a century, since it was sacked. Unless the orcs have been there several months intensively rebuilding - I’m which case someone would have heard something - it won’t be in good repair. Finding damaged opening will be a matter of scouting.
 

Herosmith14

Villager
"So, ye wan' me to scout the castle a bit, mayhap sew a li'l discord if the opportunity presents itself?" Orin grunts as he takes in the conversation. "I'm pretty good with voices, so I mi't be able to ruffle some feathers."

OOC:
Consumables:

Health: 13/43

Relentless Endurance: 1/1

Arrows: 18/20

Sorry for the MIA again. Finals... month, I guess? kind of snuck up on me unexpectedly, which is annoying, seems like I'm nearly out the other side, though, so I should be able to be more regular soon.
 
Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Seems like a smart move," Saarthax nods to Orin. "A distraction might give us a better chance of entering the castle without too much bloodshed."
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"We will know better once we sight the castle whether these plans will work," U'Tempei says. "If we are ambushed, we must ensure none of the orcs escape or we will have no chance for surprise at the castle."
 

TallIan

Explorer
You travel along the old road for a while. About an hour's walk out of town you find a barely discernible branch in the road. Heavily overgrown you can barely see the stones. You follow this for a while to get a feel for it's direction, then break off to avoid running into any orcs.

About an hour into the forest, you come across an abandoned camp site. There is evidence of some large bipeds that have camped here but the camp has been abandoned for at least a day.

GM: Second survival check?
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Eowyn Rosebud
Early Morning
Gravesford/Woods
Round 0

Eowyn went up to the fire pit and sniffed around, putting her hands in the cold coals, studying the area to see what she could determine.

Survival: 1d20+7 22

[sblock=Eowyn’s Actions]
Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +2
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 16
HP: 34/34 HD: 5/5d8+2

Spells
Fey Energy Pool: 5d6 dice of healing +1 thp/die spent
Cantrips: Druidcraft, Magic Stone, Resistance
1) 4/4 Cure Wounds, Faerie Fire, Healing Word
2) 3/3 Enhance Ability, Healing Spirit, Hold Person, Lesser Restoration, Pass Without Trace
3) 0/2 Dispel Magic
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
U'Tempei !Nothen - human eldritch knight
Arcata Dulat - human divination wizard
Saarthax - dragonborn paladin
Orin - warbred mastermind rogue
[/sblock]
 

TallIan

Explorer
Eowyn finds the campsite well cleared when the campers left. The only thing of note is that there are a few small footprints, like those of children.

Finding nothing you continue to parallel the old road. Not to much later you come across the ruins of a simple hovel, like the ones the charcoal burners of Gravesford live in while tending their mounds. It's clearly not been used in decades but it suggests a larger settlement nearby - at least in the past.

GM: Last survival check. It can be from anyone, even those who rolled already.
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Eowyn Rosebud
Early Morning
Gravesford/Woods
Round 0

Eowyn studied the children’s footprints closely, curious. Then they continued on the path, finding the small hovel. She poked silently around inside. It was old, abandoned, the woad pressing in on it.

Survival: 1d20+7 8

[sblock=Eowyn’s Actions]
Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +2
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 16
HP: 34/34 HD: 5/5d8+2

Spells
Fey Energy Pool: 5d6 dice of healing +1 thp/die spent
Cantrips: Druidcraft, Magic Stone, Resistance
1) 4/4 Cure Wounds, Faerie Fire, Healing Word
2) 3/3 Enhance Ability, Healing Spirit, Hold Person, Lesser Restoration, Pass Without Trace
3) 0/2 Dispel Magic
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
U'Tempei !Nothen - human eldritch knight
Arcata Dulat - human divination wizard
Saarthax - dragonborn paladin
Orin - warbred mastermind rogue
[/sblock]
 

TallIan

Explorer
Eowyn lead the ratcatchers through the forest, closer to the old castle. Focused on choosing a route she almost missed the change in the forrest - its too quiet, and smells wrong...

Suddenly a huge patch of forest rears up in front of you. Not a patch of forest - some kind of plant.

OOC: Initiative. Anyone who gets 6 or higher can go.

Whoever is in front is 10ft from the shambling mound. The rest of you are in a line behind him/her, but you can be spread out.

We should probably make a marching order for future encounters.


 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"What's that?!" roars Saarthax as the green mount of plants rears up ahead. He raises his longsword and shield, preparing for battle.

OOC: Initiative: [roll0]

Edit: I assume Eowyn is in front, because of her tracking, so Saarthax will move forward and defend the halfling he sees as vulnerable. Which means that I take the Ready action: If the creature comes within melee range of Saarthax or Eowyn, I will attack it.
 
Last edited:

jmucchiello

Adventurer
U'Tempei

Initiative: [roll0]

U'Tempei immediate loads her crossbow and fires at the creature. (Twice, sharpshooter) She probably misses both times.
Crossbow sharpshooter: 2#1d20+3 12 8 2#1d6+13 17 17

She stays at the rear of the party where I'm guessing she was in the marching order.
 
Last edited:

Herosmith14

Villager
Orin flicks his eyes up and draws his bow at the massive plant creature, sending an arrow into the writhing vegatation.

OOC:
Initiative: [roll0]

Attack Roll: [roll1]

Damage: [roll2]

Consumables
Health: 13/43
Arrows: 17/20
Relentless Endurance: 1/1
 

TallIan

Explorer
Saarthax rushes forward to defend his half fling ally as U'Tempei and Orin send projectiles that skitter through the mass of plant without hitting anything.

GM: @Justincase It will attack on its turn so go ahead and roll your attacks.

Don't forget about your retainers.

I thought you guys had taken a short rest after the fight with orcs? I can't find an updated HP count for Saarthax (I'll have more time to look tomorrow).

Orin: 13/43
U'Tempei: 38/49
Saarthax: 0/44
Eowyn: 34/34
Arcata: 32/32

Shambling mound: 156/156

Retainers
Bertold: 3/3 (Saarthax)
Gavien: 3/3 (Arcata)
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Eowyn Rosebud
Early Morning
Gravesford/Woods
Round 1

Initiative: 1d20+2 14

OOC: Let me know if Saarthax needs healing.


Eowyn yipped in surprise as the forest floor rose up in front of her. She scampered behind Saarthax as he stepped in front of her. She dug into the pouch at her belt and pulled out three stones, imbuing them with magic and loading one into her sling, which she fired at the creature.

OOC: Trying to determine if Eowyn knows what this is and any special dangers (i.e. poison attack or any attacks requiring saves, etc.)
OOC:
OOC:
Nature: 1d20 7
Ugh. I wish Hermit gave you Nature instead of Religion for this character LOL Custom background? Just seems more in line with the character.


[sblock=Eowyn’s Actions]
Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Fire Magic Stone
Magic Stone: 1d20+7 9
Damage: 1d6+4 8
Bonus Action: Cast Magic Stone (3/3, 10r)
Reaction:
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +2
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 16
HP: 34/34 HD: 5/5d8+2

Spells
Fey Energy Pool: 5d6 dice of healing +1 thp/die spent
Cantrips: Druidcraft, Magic Stone, Resistance
1) 4/4 Cure Wounds, Faerie Fire, Healing Word
2) 3/3 Enhance Ability, Healing Spirit, Hold Person, Lesser Restoration, Pass Without Trace
3) 0/2 Dispel Magic
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
U'Tempei !Nothen - human eldritch knight
Arcata Dulat - human divination wizard
Saarthax - dragonborn paladin
Orin - warbred mastermind rogue
[/sblock]

 

Advertisement

Top