Talls Strongholds and Followers adventure - Full

TallIan

Explorer
@SteveGorak, Welcome aboard. Let me know what you decide.

It will make things easier if you and Neurotics character know each other already but don't feel like you have to.

@Neurotic Only the one uncommon item is free. You have to pay for anything you find with Xanathar's after you find it. I was trying to give out some magic items without them being optimised to everyone. I don't think it worked as well as I'd hoped.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Yeah, the prices for anything are far above what one can afford with 500gp :)

@Steve Gorak, I am a Haunted One, but it can easily be changed to City Watch or Sailor (the story fits both) if you don't want to deal with emo cleric :)

Neurotic

Also, once you spend money to find a "contact", why do you need to spend it again? You know the contact. If you spend more than a couple months in one location, you should find out about far more than 1d4 magic items. It's just a lousy implementation. Especially when if you roll too well initially, all the items available are completely out of reach cost-wise (aka power-wise).
You can voluntary roll on the lower table

Neurotic

Don't remember exactly, but I think you had to pay for them too. It's somewhere in the first few pages of the OOC thread.
Only says if we get something valuable we have to run it by you.
You could say someone found scroll of wish and didn't know what he has (or was drunk). It may be uncastable now, but in time...or it may paint a big target on the character >:)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
@Steve Gorak, I am a Haunted One, but it can easily be changed to City Watch or Sailor (the story fits both) if you don't want to deal with emo cleric :)

Well, we can make things easy, and my character can also be emo with the haunted one background ;-)

I was thinking of doing something unusual, like a winged thiefling fiend warlock. The background was that he was a normal human, a refugee from one of the villages conquered by Ajax's armies. He was enslaved by one of Ajax's mages and was transformed into a thiefling during ritual experimentation trying to create new warriors (he was actually fused with a minor devil). He managed to escape, and perhaps your character @Neurotic was involved in this, thus forming a bond between them.

If this passes the smell test, I'll go ahead and prepare the character.
Cheers,

SG

Neurotic

Well, we can make things easy, and my character can also be emo with the haunted one background ;-)

I was thinking of doing something unusual, like a winged thiefling fiend warlock. The background was that he was a normal human, a refugee from one of the villages conquered by Ajax's armies. He was enslaved by one of Ajax's mages and was transformed into a thiefling during ritual experimentation trying to create new warriors (he was actually fused with a minor devil). He managed to escape, and perhaps your character @Neurotic was involved in this, thus forming a bond between them.

If this passes the smell test, I'll go ahead and prepare the character.
Cheers,

SG
I'm the one born under the wrong star and saved by...something :)

I believe in this world even dwarves and elves are rare, but it is on @TallIan to allow or not. Now I 'm tempted to play aasimar celestial warlock and be close friends to the devil the two protecting each other in the hostile world :)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
I'm the one born under the wrong star and saved by...something :)

I believe in this world even dwarves and elves are rare, but it is on @TallIan to allow or not. Now I 'm tempted to play aasimar celestial warlock and be close friends to the devil the two protecting each other in the hostile world :)

I figured that a thiefling, given my idea about the background, would fit. Also, since we're at level 5 and have access to magic items, the winged version is not really an issue (one of the players has winged boots).

I can swap the background if it bugs you. I was just trying to make things easy as far as knowing each other. I can also pick something else, and have your character still be involved with my character's escape. What do you think?

No problem if you also want to go the warlock route, just fyi, I was planning to go timelock, with misty vision, mask of many faces and the +cha invocation to eldrich blast.

Cool ideas, both! Particularly the combination. :)
Thanks! ;-)

We now just need @TallIan feedback!
Cheers,

SG

Neurotic

I figured that a thiefling, given my idea about the background, would fit. Also, since we're at level 5 and have access to magic items, the winged version is not really an issue (one of the players has winged boots).

I can swap the background if it bugs you. I was just trying to make things easy as far as knowing each other. I can also pick something else, and have your character still be involved with my character's escape. What do you think?
Nah, I'll write the history that includes some city watch time and ends in a temple on the island and you write something that lands us together and we seek shelter there. :)

No problem if you also want to go the warlock route, just FYI, I was planning to go timelock, with misty vision, mask of many faces and the +cha invocation to eldritch blast.

Too much trouble thinking about it and it wasn't serious, I already have one such and I hope that the game will continue.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases