Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

rln

Explorer
Ogrin greets the others. "So many known faces... and a few new... ". He turns again to his dwarven friend and continues in a whisper, "...some more fair than others."

"So. This clanhold of yours. When do we reclaim it?"

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Viktor sat quietly for the most part, listening to all the chatter, and trying to keep the color from rising in his cheeks so much upon seeing Persephone.

"It is an honor to meet you all," He began, shifting slightly. "I must say, I'm quite eager to begin making my way as an adventurer, though I fear my experience may prove insufficient for the endeavors. Though, that would suit my father just fine, I suppose." As he heard the toast, he called for a drink so that he might partake as well.

"To good friends and good health." Viktor added as his drink arrived. He suppressed the urge to cough, being unused to such beverages as he smiled after his drink.

Dire Tadpole

First Post
"Oi, Julien is it? Come over 'ere and swap some tales wit' us, eh?"

Julien nods with a smile and joins the conversation.

"Nurlan's not from Monemvassia," Percy tells Viktor. "He did work there for a spell, as he was telling me. But I would not recommend a visit. The government there is totally corrupt. Illegitimate. Their so-called king is actually a murderer. Let's have a drink to the true king, here's to Julian Jara of Monemvasia, wherever he may be."
Persephone raises her tall-stemmed glass and takes a delicate sip. Then tilts her head charmingly at the next entrant.

Julien Zani of Monemvassia!” The beautiful princess motions the newcomer over. She is dressed in practical travel clothes, though of a light purple color. “Tell us the latest news from my homeland! And are you named after the Prince?”

I don't know that I am named after any prince. The latest news from Monemvassia is also old news: Some people are happy, and some are sad. Very few know why, but are either content or resigned to believe that they understand the world or their place in it.

Julien, pauses, then smiles.

Actually, I have not been to Monemvassia in about a year.

The tall human in the fine purple cloak turns toward the newcomer as he hears mention of Monemvassia. "Another Monemvassian! Welcome. I am Sir Nurlan, a knight of the realm. Have you ever been to a show at Irene's Ampthitheatre?"

I have. When last I visited, I was particularly impressed by the performance of a young man named Theol. He presented a rather unique interpretation of The Tragedy of King Syloft.

Heckler

First Post
The door opens again, and a half-elven woman enters the inn, the wind blowing her long red hair wildly about. "Rinya Starflower, I track things down and kill them," she announces gruffly. Spying Richard at the bar she goes to him.

"Richard, look at what I found! A chain shirt made from mithral. Its much lighter and comfortable than my old armor, but just as strong. And it's enchanted, or so the dwarf told me. If its not I'll have to pay him another visit, and I won't be nearly as pleasant," she adds rather unpleasantly.

orsal

LEW Judge
I have. When last I visited, I was particularly impressed by the performance of a young man named Theol. He presented a rather unique interpretation of The Tragedy of King Syloft.

Nurlan pauses for a moment to remember the name. "Ah yes, that was not long after I received the place. I met him at one of the first bardic circles I hosted there, when he was travelling through. Unique -- you're probably thinking of the Sairundani style dance he did. I wonder where he is now."

Richard Rawen

First Post
Richard turns towards Percy's greetings, his hale reply sputtering a bit as he beheld the pretty woman. He settled for an awkward smile, a brief "H-hi" and quickly turned around to take very deep interest in his ale, his tanned face brightening.

By contrast, the reaction Richard gives Rinya is quite comfortable, "Ahh, good to see you, I had hoped you would come back here.
That is an amazing bit of armor you have there,"
as he shifts in his bulky half-plate and tests the links on his friends' armor. "I should think of getting this old shell serviced, or maybe I will look for something a bit thicker to put between me an the next foul zombie that tries to throttle me!" He ends his statement a bit louder than intended, his grin wide, the genuine humor evident in his eyes and indeed his whole face.
"First, another stout and some stew and bread. Too many days of trail rations and berries for my appetite!"

Last edited:

Dire Tadpole

First Post
Nurlan pauses for a moment to remember the name. "Ah yes, that was not long after I received the place. I met him at one of the first bardic circles I hosted there, when he was travelling through. Unique -- you're probably thinking of the Sairundani style dance he did. I wonder where he is now."

Sairundani style? Perhaps... What defines the sairundani style? I was most amused when as the merchant, he answered the interrogation of the watch captain punctating his lines rather exaggerated movements.

Richard Rawen

First Post
Richard takes his time and savors his meal, washing it down with several tall mugs of dark ale.
"Ahhh... much better." he stretches, smiles at his friend and glances at the stairs.
"It is time to take this body to a bath and bed. I feel that I could sleep a week, of course it may take that long to wash off the taint from those strange zombies! I hope to talk to you soon, mayhap there'll be more adventures for us."

After a good rest Richard heads out into the city, having remembered a promise he made to a certain smith. Thus Richard comes and goes over the next few days... (weeks?), returning each day with obvious signs of soot and forge-work upon his person... he eats hearty meals, drinks lots of stout, and will be glad to listen to offers of work that might come along for a fledgling yet not untested fighter.

OOC: Richard is a 4th level Fighter

hellrazor111

First Post
Cray Heartly-paladin 1

The tavern door opens, and in walks a warrior weather beaten and dirty, his scale dirty except where rubbed clean, showing a holy symbol of Grendath etched into the chest. He looks around then heads toward barkeep, and after an exchange of coin he heads off to one of the rooms. About an hour later he returns, no longer dressed in the armor, but in travelers clothes of a bright yellow and black color, his crimson hair comed back. He posistions himself towards the other patrons and announces, "Hello, I am Cray, a paladin looking for allies who wish to adventure for treasure and greater good."
After ordering a light wine he seats himself at a closeby table.

Remove ads