D&D General Tell me about your campaign

Zabalorf

Villager
I’ve ran a few one shots, but am a few months in my first Homebrew game. I decided to become a DM to get some old college friends back together.

It’s pretty generic standard stuff to get my toes wet:
-Players boat crashed on foreign continent
-accidentally unleashed a trapped shadow dragon as the BBEG.
-Prophecy about group uniting the different cities in country to fight off Invaders (unknown at this time), and defeat Shadow Dragon.
-Each “City” has its own flavor: IE one in the dessert is inspired by Dune, while the Citadel is based of Oblivion (Elder Scrolls), Elven city by Robin Hood, Knights Guild inspired by Camelot/Gondor, etc.

It’s a small continent, but I’m pretty happy with it for my first Homebrew.
DA83DAFE-19AE-4FCD-803D-AE5C499B252A.jpeg

Last edited:

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
In the second year of running one for my now 12 yo and two of his friends (5e online with google meet and rolldicewithfriends and recently dndbeyond). First time playing for the two friends, and first time playing with other players for my son.

They started with one character each at 1st level in a small village where everyone except those born under an auspicious moon (so, the three in the party) were ill. Several adventures in that area. Some time later when 2/3rd of the party was captured near the pseudo-Greece, the one still free went out and got help, and they're now playing two PCs each. They're over by pseudo-Japan now and up to 9th level (story based advancement instead of XP - guessing around three to five 1h15 sessions each, depending on what gets accomplished).

I throw out several plot hooks, and they grab one and often do very unexpected things with it as they come up with things they'd like to try. Past enemies and plot points they interacted with but left unresolved have a way of turning up. Pseudo-Egypt and the big island and little islands to the south are unexplored. I need to remember their friendly Kobold NPC more.

Scan09042021132433_001.jpg

Last edited:

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Age of Worms converted to 5e. Just about to start back up after as summer Star Wars Sage Edition hiatus at the midpoint of Chapter 5 - The Champion's Belt. Originally started as the backup game with 4 players when not everyone could attend, it has not advanced to main and has inherited the kids of the adults who play. So now I tend to have 8-10 players depending on who can or can't make it. Playing mainly remotely over Roll20 and Google Meet.

Voadam

Legend
My new online 5e game I am DMing:

Champions of Acme, a technomagic robot, and a mutant turtle take on problems like Paranoia bots, agents of the Technic League of Void Engineers, and humanoid Mad Max gangs in D&D Thundarr the Barbarian land.

WizardOfFrobozz

Accardi-by-the-Sea
Main story arc: PC's stumble upon a secret order devoted to researching a magical "technology" with the potential to revolutionize society... but at what cost? Very slow burn as they learn more about the magic/technology, meet members of the secret society (and the OTHER, slightly-less-secret society sworn to oppose it), and decide whether they're going to help or hinder its progress.

Meanwhile, more than half of the actual play sessions are devoted to exploring the PC's individual story arcs that weave in and out of the main narrative. For example:
  • The paladin who swore an oath of vengeance to track down the mysterious mercenaries that slaughtered the noble family he was pledged to protect
  • The crook who was set up by the petty crime boss is on the run from the law, but still trying to find out what happened to other members of the crew (did anyone else survive?) and maybe one day get revenge
  • The inventor who dreams of one day creating true artificial life (there are automata in this game world, but nothing like warforged)
  • The reluctant mage who struggles to embrace the arcane gifts that he despises (kinda like Ron Swanson finding out that he's just a naturally gifted government administrator)

Musing Mage

Pondering D&D stuff
I am running a sandbox style game, and currently the PCs are in Cormyr.

And since I just printed up a PDF copy of the Cormyr sourcebook I bought on Drive Thru RPG for the purpose... those bastards had better stay there for a while! :mad:

The system is AD&D 1st Ed - The team consists of:

Kyla, 2nd lvl Kensai
Dastan, 1st lvl Kensai
Bob, 3rd lvl Dwarven Assassin
Fel, 3rd lvl Dwarven Fighter
Ayra, Elven Fighter/Thief lvls 1/2
Braern, Half-elven Ranger/Cleric lvls 1/2

Currently absent, but set to return:
Shady, 4th lvl Half-Orc Fighter

Remove ads