• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Templates and polymorph. (Rich B's Polym. rules)

King-Panda

First Post
(I hope there isn't a limit to how many questions you should ask in a period of time. I sure don't want to incur the Mod's wrath. :p)

A player of mine plans on playing a druid with the fiendish template. I use Rich Burlew's Polymorphing Rules http://www.giantitp.com/articles/dC21fDHZ4tK8n5OjUm9.html . We are having issues with his Wildshape ability. (It acts as the polymorph spell BTW, according to the PH.)

Those rules say you lose certain racial special attacks and special qualities. I won't list them all here. What I need to know is if the SA and SQ he gets from the Fiendish template are considered racial or not. Any help?

Last edited:

mikebr99

Explorer
King-Panda said:
(I hope there isn't a limit to how many questions you should ask in a period of time. I sure don't want to incur the Mod's wrath. :p)

A player of mine plans on playing a druid with the fiendish template. I use Rich Burlew's Polymorphing Rules http://www.giantitp.com/articles/dC21fDHZ4tK8n5OjUm9.html . We are having issues with his Wildshape ability. (It acts as the polymorph spell BTW, according to the PH.)

Those rules say you lose certain racial special attacks and special qualities. I won't list them all here. What I need to know is if the SA and SQ he gets from the Fiendish template are considered racial or not. Any help?
Wildshape now uses the Alternate Form ability in the MM instead of the Polymorph spell. See the errata for the phb and the dmg.

Mike

King-Panda

First Post
Well thanks for the update, but it still doesn't answer my question. If no one knows, I'll just go ask on Rich Burlew's forum, seeing as how I use his rules for polymorph and Wildshape, and the question has probably come up over there.

Jack Simth

First Post
King-Panda said:
Do they change if he's got levels in Commoner instead of Druid?

No?

In that case, they're racial.

King-Panda

First Post
Alright. The reason I was thinking otherwise is it really wouldn't make much sense for him to lose smite good if he changes his physical form. I didn't know for sure, I thought that racial might only mean his base race, human in this case. Thanks though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads