D&D General Thank you for 50 years of D&D, video from WotC

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
Thanks, D&D, for teaching me that I am creative. Thank you to all the writers, game designers, artists, etc. that have come before.

Thank you for Dragonlance, a career in web design, and the chance to contribute in ways I never thought possible.

Thank you, D&D, for all the friends I have made along the way and to let me know that I'm not alone.

Meech17

Adventurer
My first gut reaction was kind of negative.

"This is it? Seems kind of like a hack job."

But then I felt a little ashamed of myself. I'm sure many of these people, the creatives behind D&D really do love the game, and share our passion for it. It's a nice gesture.

Seeing that James Wyatt still has his childhood copy of the game is kind of sweet. Having to share it with a friend is such a fun memory. I bet those kids had a blast playing it back then.

Kannik

Hero
Though it might have been one of the first RPGs I heard someone describing, D&D was not the first RPG I played. It would be three years later when one of my friends in my gaming group began running D&D, and even then I resisted. But as we got into it (merging with another group), I let that go and fell into the mystique, the magic, the mayhem, and the marvel. 36 years later, across 50+ people and many groups, through campaigns and one-shots, I'm still playing. And I can even remember a lot of what happened in those games, whom I was with, those memorable moments both with the characters and also, even more so, with the players. Chris puts it well with the "shared experience" and that instant connection it creates. It has been an absolute boon and joy in my life, and I look forward to celebrating D&D 100 on my 100th as well.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Nice - but title cards giving us people's names/titles would have been nicer. (I did recognize Jason Tondro b/c before he worked at Paizo and now WotC he was a comics scholar like I was before I quit academia and we ran into each other at conferences and James Wyatt because we met at Gen Con once or twice).

Remove ads