• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The 4400 season 2 is over---discuss

ThirdWizard

First Post
I love how the season finale mimicked the season finale for season one, with Diana pointing a gun at a guy and going to extreme measures to save her daughter like Tom did for Kyle. Brilliant, I think. I like her even more now.

It's interesting that the powers have been supressed until now. Next season will see nigh all 4400 gaining powers. I guess that's where this war comes in. I'm still not sure what kind of war this is going to be, who will start it, and whatnot. It sounds somewhat like X-Men's mutants, with the government trying to control them, them being shunned by society, etc. I'm curious just how far this will go.

Richard seemed to have some kind of precognative abilities in the first(?) episode of the season. Now, he's got some telekinetic abilities. Shawn has both the power to heal and harm. I'm wondering if some of the 4400 (or even most of them) will have multiple abilities, especially now that the supressant is gone.

Collier's back! I'm not surprised, but its good to see. Special power: immortality. ;) He's even more a messiah figure now, what with the dying and coming back thing. Will he want to take the Center back from Shawn or will he have some new goals? I'm sure Shawn will want to wash his hands of the responsibility, but will he be able to?

Isabelle! She seems even more knowlegable than Maia. And, now she's grown up. Why now, though? She wasn't on suppressants. I guess she decided that now's the time. She seems to have some agenda, and she doesn't seem to be... erm... "good." Especially after what happened with Lily's daughter. I did have a theory that Isabelle wasn't the one doing those things, and it was actually Lily suconciously, and I'm not quite willing to let go of that yet. Luckily, we should find out early in next season.

What about Kyle? He's seemingly no longer controlled, so he's pretty normal. Will he go to jail? Will Diana and Marco get together? Were they really taken from the future, or is it some kind of ploy? Is it going the way whoever is behind this wants, or has their mucking with the abilities with suppressants messed it up?

I love the show.

Fast Learner

First Post
That was an awesome season-ender. Fan-frickin-tastic.

I don't agree that Shawn has the power to harm and heal: he wasn't harming Kyle, he was healing him of the energy force within. At least that's my take, and it just felt bad to Kyle.

I agree that Isabelle just knew that the time was right.

On Kyle going to jail... tricky, that, corpus delecti and all. :)

Great show indeed!

ThirdWizard

First Post
Shawn can harm as seen in the first season before he could control his powers. I still have a theory that he can steal lifeforce to use in the healing process so that he doesn't have to use his own. That way he wouldn't exhaust himself by using the healing powers. Of course, then he'd have to have a supply of "donors" which he would be completely against. But, at some point in the series he might have to make a tough decision because of that. Especially what with the war coming and all.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Fast Learner said:
I don't agree that Shawn has the power to harm and heal: he wasn't harming Kyle, he was healing him of the energy force within. At least that's my take, and it just felt bad to Kyle.
Have you seen the pilot episode? He can hurt people.

ThirdWizard

First Post
It's been a while, so I'm a bit fuzzy on it. I'm pretty sure it was some guy at school that he got in a fight with because the guy didn't like 4400. They rolled around and Shawn started to drain 'em. I think the guy ended up in the hospital. I think he did it another time, but I can't recall exactly.

Not knowing that must have taken some of the suspense out of his supposed "attack" on Kyle, though. I so thought he was dead and they were going to have a cover-up.

Staffan

Legend
ThirdWizard said:
I think he did it another time, but I can't recall exactly.
He zapped his brother too when they were having a fight over their mutual girlfriend and the brother started punching him. I think that was either at the end of season 1 or early in season 2 - he ran away and joined the Center after that.

Remove ads