D&D 4E The 4e human racial package: what we know

Green Knight

First Post
Atlatl Jones said:
All the characters are built with 28 points, except for a couple where the guy making them admitted that he miscalculated and gave them 29 points. I'm guessing that humans +2 to two abilities, probably to one physical and one mental ability of choice. If the human cleric has +2 wisdom and +2 to another ability, he comes out to 28 points.

Got a link to where the guy said that? And how do we know he didn't miscalculate and make the humans stats higher?

That would be a dream come true, though! I would be absolutely ecstatic if humans gained the ability to add a +2 bonus to not one but TWO stats.

hong

WotC's bitch
Puggins said:
If Human Perseverance also gave +1 to all defenses, then it'd be a very good feat. Otherwise... sorry, +1 to just saving throws, when you already have a 55% success chance? It'd be a "meh" feat for me, unless all feats were on the level of the dodge feat in 3.5e.
Human Perseverance IS +1 to Fort, Ref and Will. Check the human cleric's stats.

hong said:

Humans seem to get +1 to defences, but we can't tell if it comes from Human Perseverance or it's a human racial ability. The cleric has no racial abilities listed, and just the one bonus feat. There must be some human racial abilities bundled into the stats.

hong said:
It fairly obviously says +1 to saving throws, that could be misprint, but if it's not the bonus to defenses is likely a different effect, either from race or class.

hong

WotC's bitch
small pumpkin man said:
It fairly obviously says +1 to saving throws, that could be misprint, but if it's not the bonus to defenses is likely a different effect, either from race or class.
I suspect it's a terminology clash. 3E saving throws = 4E defenses, and they might have just used the old term forgetting that 4E also has "saves".

Cadfan

First Post
I'm pretty sure the feat was a misprint. The character clearly has +1 to all defenses. I doubt that's a racial ability when there's a feat right there that says nearly the same thing. Especially considering that confusing "saves" and "defenses" is probably going to be the number 1 mistake of people accustomed to 3e.

He does appear to have a bonus feat, probably selectable from any heroic tier Human Racial feats. I think its a worthwhile feat.

I would still think it was worthwhile if it were +1 to all saves though. Compare it to other heroic tier feats we've already seen. You get a lot of them, but they don't seem that huge. The Ranger's feat (almost certainly) just increases his Hunter's Quarry damage from +1d6 to +1d8. I'd rather have the defense.

Rpgraccoon

First Post
* I'm betting humans get +2 to any one ability. The human cleric had 36 points, and (surprise!) an 18 wis. Take s off that and you have 30 points, which is what the warlock started with. Either humans have +2 wis (unlikely) or they have a +2 flex bonus.

All characters were supposed to be built under 28 point build I remember reading somewhere the guy was sleepy and built a few characters under 29 instead.

Skamos is a 29 point built character 1 point off. +2 Cha +2 Int per Tiefling Preview Page.

So if he gets the right amount of points I'd say the human gets +2 to 2 stats

Colmarr

First Post
Cadfan said:
I'm pretty sure the feat was a misprint.

I don't think so at all. I think the true effect of the Human Perseverance feat is that humans get +1 to all defences AND +1 to all saves. The feat text on the pregen character sheet doesn't need to mention +1 defences because the static defence numbers already reflect it. After all, the pregen character sheets specifically say that some class and racial features have already been added.

The write-up for "Dwarven Weapon Training" doesn't mention that it adds +1 to hit and +2 to damage with hammers and axes, but we can pretty safely conclude from Kathra's stats that it does.

Cadfan said:
The Ranger's feat (almost certainly) just increases his Hunter's Quarry damage from +1d6 to +1d8. I'd rather have the defense.

Do you have a source for this? That seems like an exceedingly underpowered feat compared to some of the others we have seen. I'm more inclined to believe that it reduced Hunter' Quarry from a move action to a minor action.

Last edited:

boolean

Explorer
hong said:
I suspect it's a terminology clash. 3E saving throws = 4E defenses, and they might have just used the old term forgetting that 4E also has "saves".
I'm guessing that the feat gives +1 to all defenses _and_ +1 to all saves. The description didn't mention it because it was already included in the printed stats.

keterys

First Post
I think people missed my earlier comment that humans get a _bonus power_ - the cleric has 3 at-will, and the half-elf has 3 at-will. Moreover, the half-elf's comes from a different list so the human's might have that option too.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases