The alignment chart re-imagined.

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
The fact that "ingredient purist" isn't "tea is made with tea leaves" makes this whole thing farcical. Farcical, I say!
Define "tea leaves."

Does it have to be from Camellia sinensis? What about mint tea? Chamomile tea? Pennyroyal tea (also a solid but underrated Nirvana song)?

Define "tea leaves."

Does it have to be from Camellia sinensis? What about mint tea? Chamomile tea? Pennyroyal tea (also a solid but underrated Nirvana song)?
Leaves of the tea plant. Camellia sinensis

You wouldn't call any brown drink coffee just because it's brown?

embee

Leaves of the tea plant. Camellia sinensis

You wouldn't call any brown drink coffee just because it's brown?
I wouldn't.

However, the McDonald's Corporation does, in fact, seem to think that its hot brown drink is coffee.

So you don't consider herbal teas to be tea?

I wouldn't.

However, the McDonald's Corporation does, in fact, seem to think that its hot brown drink is coffee.

So you don't consider herbal teas to be tea?
Herbals teas are not tea. They are infusions. Philistines misnaming things does not change the inner truth of the true meaning of tea.

polishes monocle.

Remathilis

Legend
batman-alignment.jpg

The best alignment chart I've seen (to highlight the absurdity of alignment).

embee

Herbals teas are not tea. They are infusions. Philistines misnaming things does not change the inner truth of the true meaning of tea.

polishes monocle.
You're veering dangerously close to a Rule Brittania-level of paternal colonialism there. ;)

NotAYakk

Legend
This chart is flawed for several reasons:

Envelopment by the bread or bread analog is not necessary for a sandwich. See open-faced sandwich.
Hinged bread qualifies as "pure" structure. See submarine sandwich; see also Italian sausage sandwich, gyro.
Meat, cheese, condiments are not necessary for a "pure" sandwich. See Ice cream sandwich.

The above cited sandwiches are, by their very name, sandwiches and all would fit firmly in the "Lawful Good" slot.

From these examples which are, by their very name, generally accepted as sandwiches, we can extrapolate that a sandwich is "food bounded on at least one side by bread or a bread analog.
Harary's law states that "any field with the name science in it is not a science".

Similarly, any food with the word sandwich in it is not a sandwich.

If it is called a 'submarine sandwich', it claims to be a sandwich, and the only reason it has to claim to be a sandwich and not (and, unlike a BLT just be one) is because it actually isn't.

This is also why it is a BLT, not a BLT sandwich. BLT pizza, BLT salad or a BLT wrap are all valid foods, but BLT sandwich is redundant.

Remove ads